Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Almost got my Corsa liners dialed in my Raptor WCR 140s. I needed to add 4+ tubes per liner. Those cork tubes add up! Would be cool if you could custom order the liners with different amounts of cork preloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Almost got my Corsa liners dialed in my Raptor WCR 140s. I needed to add 4+ tubes per liner. Those cork tubes add up! Would be cool if you could custom order the liners with different amounts of cork preloaded.
    I'm going to add one to two tubes per liner, mostly in the tongues, but that's nitpicking. Based on our identical boot/liner combos, I'm guessing I have a slightly higher instep and maybe a bit higher lower leg volume.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

Corsa was designed for 92mm boots, they already come with different amounts of cork, the different models

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Corsa was designed for 92mm boots, they already come with different amounts of cork, the different models
    Incidentally perfect for a 96mm boot, with my feet.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'm new to ZF and have Garas in my new Shadows with 9 days of skiing. I think I'm almost past the excruciating pain era. I did have the shell toes punched out. I alternate between ankle lower calf and instep pain in the AM to starting to feel like I have too much room in the forefoot/arch area.

I was in Intuition power wraps for 20+ years. Will I ever have that level of comfort again? Is this the sacrifice I need to make for performance? Power Wraps are awesome for like 20-30 days for me and then they just get too packed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm new to ZF and have Garas in my new Shadows with 9 days of skiing. I think I'm almost past the excruciating pain era. I did have the shell toes punched out. I alternate between ankle lower calf and instep pain in the AM to starting to feel like I have too much room in the forefoot/arch area.

I was in Intuition power wraps for 20+ years. Will I ever have that level of comfort again? Is this the sacrifice I need to make for performance? Power Wraps are awesome for like 20-30 days for me and then they just get too packed out.

did you punch your boots before you got your zips? Did you heat fit the liners? I have had better luck with all my pairs of zips heating the shell in a oven instead of my zips and using the heat from the shell to mold the liner.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    did you punch your boots before you got your zips? Did you heat fit the liners? I have had better luck with all my pairs of zips heating the shell in a oven instead of my zips and using the heat from the shell to mold the liner.
    At the shop we heated the liners and put me in the shells with regular toe caps. After two days of skiing my toes were FUCKED. Jammed so far in the front of the shell. Just my big toes. Specifically the left larger foot. Shop heated just the toes of the shells, put the super big toe caps on OVER the liners and we jammed em in. That helped some. Then they ground like 1 or 2mm out of the toes from the inside with the dremel.

I'm in a MV Shadow 130. It like when my feet are swollen in the AM I have to start with the buckles super loose. By mid day or afternoon my feet shrink and then it's ALMOST like I have slop in the forefoot. I have flat feet. I have custom insoles in the liners.

The boots are SUPER cold now. I pretty much have to have my hot tronic insole heaters on at least low unless it's 30 degrees out. I'm thinking of some kind of thick rubber tape over the outside of the shell toe? I'd imagine the plastic there is very thin now.

Att zipfit gurus!

That sounds f’ing stressful above.

I’ve got the Workhorse ZF in Nordica Strider 120’s. Using custom insoles from Surefoot.

The left shell was pre-punched for a bump on the side of my foot before the Zipfits.

I skied the ZF’s for 4 days and then heated the liner for a few minutes at 130F, and I pushed a bit of the cork around (was pressure over instep) and they’re really good now. Super good foot hold (everywhere) and comfy buckled up. Warm too. I’d heat right away next time. I’m shocked how good these are. Won’t ever ski any other liner. Ever. They’re that good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-19-2023 at 01:47 PM.

At the shop we heated the liners and put me in the shells with regular toe caps. After two days of skiing my toes were FUCKED. Jammed so far in the front of the shell. Just my big toes. Specifically the left larger foot. Shop heated just the toes of the shells, put the super big toe caps on OVER the liners and we jammed em in. That helped some. Then they ground like 1 or 2mm out of the toes from the inside with the dremel.

I'm in a MV Shadow 130. It like when my feet are swollen in the AM I have to start with the buckles super loose. By mid day or afternoon my feet shrink and then it's ALMOST like I have slop in the forefoot. I have flat feet. I have custom insoles in the liners.

The boots are SUPER cold now. I pretty much have to have my hot tronic insole heaters on at least low unless it's 30 degrees out. I'm thinking of some kind of thick rubber tape over the outside of the shell toe? I'd imagine the plastic there is very thin now.

On my second season now in Zipfits, so by no means am I any sort of an expert, but I can relate. My boots were ice cold all season in mine,I just decided to live with it due to the performance gains, and now sized up in Corsas in likely better fitting shells, so hope that's the ticket.

1) sounds like your feet are getting fucked due to too much cork/material in the rear of your foot, pushing the feet forward literally into the toe box of the shells. Does that sound plausible at all? I mean, is the shell fit OK to begin with, or super tight? I'd try, as first aid, to extract as much cork as you're able to from the heel/ankle pockets of the liners, to the tongues, in order to push your heels back into the heel pocket of the shells. I do hope you have a plunger and cork tubes so you can do some playing with yourself.

2) NOT a bootfitter. But, where's the slop, lateral or vertical? If lateral, I can imagine how that can ruin skiing, and I know you have excellent taste in skis that need driving, but if vertical, is it even a problem?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    I do hope you have a plunger and cork tubes so you can do some playing with yourself.

Cheers!

Wait what? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    On my second season now in Zipfits, so by no means am I any sort of an expert, but I can relate. My boots were ice cold all season in mine,I just decided to live with it due to the performance gains, and now sized up in Corsas in likely better fitting shells, so hope that's the ticket.

1) sounds like your feet are getting fucked due to too much cork/material in the rear of your foot, pushing the feet forward literally into the toe box of the shells. Does that sound plausible at all? I mean, is the shell fit OK to begin with, or super tight? I'd try, as first aid, to extract as much cork as you're able to from the heel/ankle pockets of the liners, to the tongues, in order to push your heels back into the heel pocket of the shells. I do hope you have a plunger and cork tubes so you can do some playing with yourself.

2) NOT a bootfitter. But, where's the slop, lateral or vertical? If lateral, I can imagine how that can ruin skiing, and I know you have excellent taste in skis that need driving, but if vertical, is it even a problem?

Cheers!

I found one thing that helps is to put the liners on, then into shell like normal, then pull very hard on the rear of the liner to ensure fully into heel pocket, then slam my heel into the ground a bunch, then buckle boots for a couple minutes before unbuckling and walking up to the chairlift.

I don't think there is too much cork in the rear. If anywhere MAYBE below the mallelous of the ankle? I know shell fit is correct. No crazy racer fit in a shell that is way too small. Small enough though that I needed a big toe grind. Slop is is lateral in the forefoot if anything. But minor. Maybe I just need to live with it and keep skiing em. I wish I was still 22 years old and I could just put any boot on and be like, "This is fucking rad. I'm gonna ski em 100 days in a row."

I think living on cheap beers and skiing everyday makes ski boots comfortable lol. My feet used to hurt those days only when I WASN'T in my ski boots lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Wait what? Lol

Grin. You have mail, 2Funky!

I found one thing that helps is to put the liners on, then into shell like normal, then pull very hard on the rear of the liner to ensure fully into heel pocket, then slam my heel into the ground a bunch, then buckle boots for a couple minutes before unbuckling and walking up to the chairlift.

I don't think there is too much cork in the rear. If anywhere MAYBE below the mallelous of the ankle? I know shell fit is correct. No crazy racer fit in a shell that is way too small. Small enough though that I needed a big toe grind. Slop is is lateral in the forefoot if anything. But minor. Maybe I just need to live with it and keep skiing em. I wish I was still 22 years old and I could just put any boot on and be like, "This is fucking rad. I'm gonna ski em 100 days in a row."

I think living on cheap beers and skiing everyday makes ski boots comfortable lol. My feet used to hurt those days only when I WASN'T in my ski boots lol.
    YES, that works! The pulling up and stomping that is. The buckling/unbuckling part before the lift sounds a tad more tedious. But yeah, skiing works. And yes, move that cork below the malleolus into the tongue.

Almost 38 sucks when my feet have turned into fucking princesses, so I feel you.

Ok so I can move cork on these myself?
    Absolutely, but you would need a plunger (hah!) and an empty cork tube to actually do something with it. Ask your fitter. If they say no, no reason they should sell Zipfits in the first place. If so, consult youtube. It's dead easy, though.

Yes. Very easy to move around or remove completely. Heck I removed about 3 tubes from some used ones recently that I grabbed on here. The previous owner was obviously in the wrong shell. You just need some empty tubes to remove, see youtube as Arild suggests. To add it back a plunger or a wooden down the size of the ID of the tube to add it back will work. I may add some back, not positive yet.

I'm new to ZF myself WRG, Gara HV. I found there to be too much cork along the back of the heel pocket, pushing my toes into the front. I tried heating the liners to form/ move the cork, but it didn't work. I found warming the liners and massaging the cork with my fingers from the back of the heel pockets (around the Achilles) towards the injection port was all I needed to do. I did this on both sides, and it made a huge difference. I do not think just heating the liner and fitting it would have moved the cork enough. Hope it helps

You can put boiling water in a $10 Vapur water bag and put it in the boot and/or on the tongue under the laces to heat it up nice and work the cork around with your fingers

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Microwave. Seriously, it’s the best way to heat zipfits.

Anyone put a Freeride in a 50/50, (Salomon Shift 130s) or would you go with GFT?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Microwave. Seriously, it’s the best way to heat zipfits.
    how long and what about the metal eyelets?

Solid DIY info here regarding cork adjustments: https://www.skitalk.com/threads/easy...aterial.12146/

Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    how long and what about the metal eyelets?
    I didn’t have any issues with the eyelets.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    The microwave worked perfectly. I wrapped the liner in a t-shirt and warmed the first one in 15sec increments at 50% power. 1m 30s at 50% was perfect.

I plan to add 1/4 tube of cork to the tongues to even out pressure on the front of the shin. I can feel a void in the shell when it's flexed on the top/front of the ankle. I can tell the stock cork moved a little but the Achilles and lower ankle/heel are still very tight. I will warm them up and ski for a few more half-days before trying to remove any cork from that area.

Attachment 445647

For those with Gara stealths, do you just finger the pre-filled sections to move the cork or is there another trick (tongue and each side of instep)?

You can move it cold but it’s even easier if you get it a bit warm first. Like put it over your heat register for a few minutes warm.

There isn’t much on over the instep in the side pockets but it does go into that corner a bit. Just push or drag it with your fingers.

Before doing that, I would make sure the laces don’t go over that spot (skip that loop if needed), make sure the cork ports aren’t wrinkled up (pull them out, and tuck the end back in with one nice fold. I don’t push the entire port back in, just the end). It could also be a build up of seams. I’ve accelerated the break in period by working the seams with a hammer against a block of wood.

Now on my third season with the WC liners in a Lange RX130 shell with custom footbeds. Teddy from Christy's on the Snowbird Tram plaza fit them. He heated the liners up very first thing, and several times after. He told me to come see him before the first few days of skiing them so he could heat them up again. They were almost perfect from the first run. Slight sixth toe issues on the right foot but that's gone now.
    I really think heating them is why they worked so well from the get go. I also have a heated boot bag which is probably helping as well. Makes it so much easier to slide the liners into the shells. I buckle them in the morning and unbuckle when we're done for the day. Never had this good of a ski boot fit.