Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Question.

I ski Power Wrap's in Hawx Ultra 130's (size 11.5/12 feet in 28/28.5 shells). The fit is very tight. On my 3'rd set of Hawx/PW's. Zero heel lift, zero extra space anywhere.

Out of curiosity, I tried Gara HV's in the Hawx shells, which is what ZF recommended. I was absolutely swimming in the forefoot, and the shells felt waaay too big for the liner all over. Had to CRANK the buckles down, which resulted in a lot of pain after a couple hours. I couldn't get those things off my feet fast enough. I can't imagine any amount of cork would make them a tighter fit than the PW's or would address all the excess space in the forefoot.

Surprised me. Anyone experience similar?

Quote Originally Posted by big kook View Post
    Question.

I ski Power Wrap's in Hawx Ultra 130's (size 11.5/12 feet in 28/28.5 shells). The fit is very tight. On my 3'rd set of Hawx/PW's. Zero heel lift, zero extra space anywhere.

Out of curiosity, I tried Gara HV's in the Hawx shells, which is what ZF recommended. I was absolutely swimming in the forefoot, and the shells felt waaay too big for the liner all over. Had to CRANK the buckles down, which resulted in a lot of pain after a couple hours. I couldn't get those things off my feet fast enough. I can't imagine any amount of cork would make them a tighter fit than the PW's or would address all the excess space in the forefoot.

It was similar when I switched shells to the Cab free off the Kryps. Had a lot of room and cranked them and it put my feet to sleep. Had to pump a bunch of cork into the tongue and instep, with a little in each ankle pocket. After all the cork, they were almost perfect, just a little lump of cork in the ankle area that needs to move around.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Question.

Our only customer that "returned" his liner had the same issue in the same boot (IIRC). He's a guide skis 180+ days a year couldn't get used to the space in the forefoot. He came back after getting the next shell size down and is now happy guy.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Question.

Sounds like your boots are too big. I’ve often found that the case with people who use power wraps. Regardless, too big for the use of zipfits. You could shin the forefoot but it’s the not the ideal set up. Zipfit gives a ton of toe length too, so downsize.

The Ultra is not a low volume forefoot and Zipfit show that off.

I have some goo coming out of the point where the black backing goes into the leather. I wipe it off and it reappears after most ski days. I emailed zipfit support but haven't heard back yet and the curiosity is killing me - anyone have any ideas what this is?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	486435

^ I have had the same experience my last two days in the liners. I wrote to them and they responded that they would get back to me. It's been a few days, I'm still waiting for a definitive answer. My first thought is that it is resin used to help bond the honeycomb to the shell

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Horse View Post
    ^ I have had the same experience my last two days in the liners. I wrote to them and they responded that they would get back to me. It's been a few days, I'm still waiting for a definitive answer. My first thought is that it is resin used to help bond the honeycomb to the shell
    Not Omfit?
    Could be leak in one of the Achilles bladders?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Not Omfit?
    Could be leak in one of the Achilles bladders?
    My first thought was exactly that, but I don't think so (and neither did Zipfit). It appeared on both liners, although one more than the other. Also, this has a different consistency than OMFit. Exact same location as DigSki, too.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    You obviously have medium high volume ankles. Those are roomy boots and you aren’t adding any cork to a low volume liner. Not everyone can find this same fit.

probably. But I also have the correct shell and liner combination for my feet and ankles. Unlike most people that are adding shit tons of cork or wondering why their boots fit differently with intuitions vs zipfits. Exactly what I was pointing out, a bunch of people in here have bad or wrong shell fits to work with a Zipfit. Thanks for playing.

and to add, spraying silicone in a shell is going to create a slippery feeling no matter how hard you clamp your buckles down, unless you clamp them hard enough to lose feeling. Use a boot horn, put shells on standing up.

My first thought was exactly that, but I don't think so (and neither did Zipfit). It appeared on both liners, although one more than the other. Also, this has a different consistency than OMFit. Exact same location as DigSki, too.
    It actually makes me feel better that I'm not the only person this is happening to.

As for consistency - agreed it's different than OMFit; best I can think of is similar to wet boogers. It crossed my mind that maybe the hole is too small for the actual cork pellets to come out of and this is just the sludge that allows the cork to flow. It just started coming out of my left liner yesterday and has been coming out of my right liner for about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    It actually makes me feel better that I'm not the only person this is happening to.

As for consistency - agreed it's different than OMFit; best I can think of is similar to wet boogers. It crossed my mind that maybe the hole is too small for the actual cork pellets to come out of and this is just the sludge that allows the cork to flow. It just started coming out of my left liner yesterday and has been coming out of my right liner for about a week.
    Yeah, I thought of that, too. But the odds of tearing two bladders (left and right) has to be ridiculously low, and both of us doing it? How many days did you have in your liners before this started?

Yeah, I thought of that, too. But the odds of tearing two bladders (left and right) has to be ridiculously low, and both of us doing it? How many days did you have in your liners before this started?
    Did you put extra omfit in your heel pockets. If so, maybe you exceeded the capacity and it is leaking out?
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

It's a solid point. However, I did break 2 pairs of striders (sheared off the walk mode mechanism) and the warranty guy said that particular failure was extremely rare. I bought my liners early fall, probably have 40 days on them (mostly pretty hard days)

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Did you put extra omfit in your heel pockets. If so, maybe you exceeded the capacity and it is leaking out?
    I haven't shot any extra cork in. I'm planning to, but want to get the booger stuff figured out first.

However, I did break 2 pairs of striders (sheared off the walk mode mechanism) and the warranty guy said that particular failure was extremely rare.
    Warranty guys are paid to say that.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

The cork is in a separate pouch so it would have to leak through the pouch and then through the neoprene and then the fake leather or a seam to reach the outside, seems unlikely. Curious as to what they say.

Pretty sure there is no adhesive under the sewn on plastic, but I have some gooey black stuff that’s on my liner sides as well that look like it was like what you guys have on your liners, I just didn’t notice and it’s now stained/pressed like resin on to the sides. It’s in just about the same place, maybe a little bit lower down but that’s probably from wearing them and not having noticed it.

I've got a line on some used zipfit Grand Prix. Seller says they have about 100-125 days on them. $175 for the liners. I would put them in a pair of this year's Atomic Hawx Ultra Xtd (BOA). Both shell and liner are 26.5.

Thoughts about this pairing and the age/condition of the Zipfits? Seem like a fair price?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caderader View Post
    I've got a line on some used zipfit Grand Prix. Seller says they have about 100-125 days on them. $175 for the liners. I would put them in a pair of this year's Atomic Hawx Ultra Xtd (BOA). Both shell and liner are 26.5.

Thoughts about this pairing and the age/condition of the Zipfits? Seem like a fair price?
    I'm super cheap, and I think that's more than *I* think they're worth. I paid about $100 for a similar pair.
    But then you have to consider - how eager are you to try them. Are there other pairs to be had and when?
    If alternatives are hard to come-by, then it's probably worth paying the $175.
    ...and would the extra $75 do more than just irritate you? I mean, sure, I'd love to keep an extra $75 in my pocket - but in the grand scheme of things I can think of worse ways to spend $75.
    Counterpoint: I've seen quite a few nice pairs come across ebay and facebook marketplace and CList in the last 2-3 months. IMO, the "supply" side of things, right now, is WAY higher than it was a year ago.

I picked up an old pair like that - no idea how many days they had on them. I skied them for a number of days and was just totally blown away with the execution. I'm sure I could have skied that old pair for a lot of days yet (a hundred, two, more?) - but when I found a basically new pair over the summer, I picked those up and passed mine on to a friend to try.

TLDR; Might be a little overpriced, but probably still worth it. Super superior to any stock liner and blows away intuition.
    You probably won't lose much if you decide to sell them too. So not much risk, IMO.

That's my mostly worthless $0.02

It's a solid point. However, I did break 2 pairs of striders (sheared off the walk mode mechanism) and the warranty guy said that particular failure was extremely rare. I bought my liners early fall, probably have 40 days on them (mostly pretty hard days)

I haven't shot any extra cork in. I'm planning to, but want to get the booger stuff figured out first.
    I find it a bit off-putting that you haven't had a response yet.

I emailed them a week ago about an order that I ordered a month ago and haven’t heard anything back from them. Pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Pretty sure there is no adhesive under the sewn on plastic, but I have some gooey black stuff that’s on my liner sides as well that look like it was like what you guys have on your liners, I just didn’t notice and it’s now stained/pressed like resin on to the sides. It’s in just about the same place, maybe a little bit lower down but that’s probably from wearing them and not having noticed it.
    It very well may be the same thing. In truth, I believe I only noticed it on mine because of the white Raptor shell. I saw the goo on the inside of the shell and then I traced it back to the liner.

I know I saw somewhere a while back that someone posted a pic about the honeycomb "sweating." Not sure if it is the same thing, though, as I remember that looking like beads of dew on the liner.

I have some goo coming out of the point where the black backing goes into the leather. I wipe it off and it reappears after most ski days. I emailed zipfit support but haven't heard back yet and the curiosity is killing me - anyone have any ideas what this is?
    FWIW there is a post from March 2022 in the skitalk thread with the same issue. Not sure if it's one of you guys but worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian.bee View Post
    FWIW there is a post from March 2022 in the skitalk thread with the same issue. Not sure if it's one of you guys but worth mentioning.
    That is the one I remember seeing. Thanks, you saved me from scrolling through 100 pages.

It does seem, however, that issue was different from what we are experiencing now.

Anybody have time on the GFT? Have a pair coming in and wondering about cuff height. High? Low? Shop didn't have a pair to drop into my shells. Also, how much stiffening do they really accomplish? Like, 10 pts?

There’s an entire thread for the GFT here