Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Second half of this article has a bunch of 2023 smith goggles and helmets, including a new replacement for the Quantum helmet:

https://themtblab.com/2022/02/smith-...2022-2023.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That new Smith Summit Backcountry helmet looks interesting. I’m surprised it took them so long to come up with something focused on this market.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    That new Smith Summit Backcountry helmet looks interesting. I’m surprised it took them so long to come up with something focused on this market.
    funny enough, it's still 400g. I used to have K2 Stash helmet, which was basically EPS foam + thin plastic cover + some fleece liner. And it weighted around 320-330g

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    funny enough, it's still 400g. I used to have K2 Stash helmet, which was basically EPS foam + thin plastic cover + some fleece liner. And it weighted around 320-330g
    You know what they say, 1lb on your head is 10lb on your feet, or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smith Maze for life!

The local rep mentioned that Völkl might release two 11x skis for 23/24 - the aforementioned Revolt 11x and a wider Blaze.

The entire V-Werks range supposedly carries over for 22/23 as well - huzzah! - with just a change in graphics (black like depicted earlier in this thread).

Wider Blaze? Fuck yeah, I'm down with that, but 23/24? It shouldn't take them that long. One of you euros go kick Volkl in the balls and get them moving

i am guessing that one or both of them will be late 22/23 releases.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Would be interested to know if the revised Alpinists have increased elastic travel in the heel over the current 5mm. With the kiss gap and 5mm travel, theres not really any difference than from 5mm of gap and zero elastic travel.
    Not sure I follow your math. If non elastic tech heels on the market have at most a 3 mm gap, how do you reckon 5 < 3 ?

I wouldn’t use an Alpinist as a mogul comp binding but they ski pretty well in mixed conditions at speed compared to others in this weight class. Naturally I’d like to see moar elasticity (toe and heel) in tech bindings in general….
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Sally MTN is 4mm. I think most non elastic are at least 4-6mm. I know of none that are 3 or less as that would cause many issues.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Not sure I follow your math. If non elastic tech heels on the market have at most a 3 mm gap, how do you reckon 5 < 3 ?

I wouldn’t use an Alpinist as a mogul comp binding but they ski pretty well in mixed conditions at speed compared to others in this weight class. Naturally I’d like to see moar elasticity (toe and heel) in tech bindings in general….
    Ah, I was thinking it was a 5mm gap on most heels, my misunderstanding. Still, most heels with elasticity seem to usually be 10mm. I am happy with mine, about the best bang for the buck, especially ordering from Europe. just befuddled as to why they didn’t go to 10mm elasticity.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Flylow FYI - went to my shop to have em order a Cobra jacket for next year & it has been dropped from the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tomh79 View Post
    Armada Locator info is up: https://www.armadaskis.com/en-us/loc...skis.com/en-ca

specs and weights look interesting. 104 is even lighter than my current BD Helio 105?!? Not sure now if I should replace it with a BD Helio 104 or Locator 104
    they took the microsite down. Still available in Google Cache: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=ch

I may have missed this but have the new Pivot colors been announced yet? Because Sander has rasta Pivots on his new skis which are pretty dope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8662.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	414.4 KB 
ID:	408301
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I may have missed this but have the new Pivot colors been announced yet? Because Sander has rasta Pivots on his new skis which are pretty dope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8662.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	414.4 KB 
ID:	408301
    Those are the new ones for next year. They were posted way upthread.

Anyone know anything about the changes to the Black Crows Atris??

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post

narrower waist and shorter radius, making the ski “more nimble” according to tuck graham. I am really liking the current one I have. Hopefully they don’t screw up a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    narrower waist and shorter radius, making the ski “more nimble” according to tuck graham. I am really liking the current one I have. Hopefully they don’t screw up a good thing.
    Black Crows rarely screw up any evolutionary changes to their skis but holy crap could they use a lesson in getting skis to retailers to test/demos in general/communication and follow through.
    I will give them this, in 6 years of carrying the brand we have never had a warranty, not one.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Any more rumors of workbook postings?

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Black Crows rarely screw up any evolutionary changes to their skis but holy crap could they use a lesson in getting skis to retailers to test/demos in general/communication and follow through.
    I will give them this, in 6 years of carrying the brand we have never had a warranty, not one.

For some reason basin sports at killington seems to get full demo lines. It’s very strange, because like you said they are impossible to find demos of.

only things I have had issues with are the stupid powder baskets and the clamp for the duo poles broke, I went right through the chat on the website and zero $$ and zero hassle, I had new baskets and clamps show up directly from France. Took three weeks, but hey it worked.

they are terrible though with communicating about skis to shops and to customers. Serious lack of reps.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    For some reason basin sports at killington seems to get full demo lines. It’s very strange, because like you said they are impossible to find demos of.

only things I have had issues with are the stupid powder baskets and the clamp for the duo poles broke, I went right through the chat on the website and zero $$ and zero hassle, I had new baskets and clamps show up directly from France. Took three weeks, but hey it worked.

they are terrible though with communicating about skis to shops and to customers. Serious lack of reps.
    Yeah I had the same thing with two sets of baskets and got them airmailed from France, funny... New ones on my Meta's have held up fine for a few years now though

It's interesting that the customer service piece is still so lacking. If I recall: they added a team (I think based in CA?) to support this, but it seems like their overall workflow/style is just hard for them to manage. But they've continued to grow in their volume and retailers and that has its challenges

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Yeah I had the same thing with two sets of baskets and got them airmailed from France, funny... New ones on my Meta's have held up fine for a few years now though

It's interesting that the customer service piece is still so lacking. If I recall: they added a team (I think based in CA?) to support this, but it seems like their overall workflow/style is just hard for them to manage. But they've continued to grow in their volume and retailers and that has its challenges

as long as they keep making bomb proof skis, I’ll put up with their “not giving a shit attitude”, it’s actually fairly funny and has caused me to like them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Took a few runs on them, personally I prefer the current wider, more "5-pointy" model but I suppose the new one might be better for places with less snow in a normal year.

Is the Camox getting narrower as well? I feel like if the Atris is getting smaller those two skis would overlap for a lot of people.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Took a few runs on them, personally I prefer the current wider, more "5-pointy" model but I suppose the new one might be better for places with less snow in a normal year.
    Can you elaborate on what you dislike about the new Atris vs. the old Atris??? This ski has me very intrigued! I had the Atris for a few seasons and liked but didn't love it, though I wish in hindsight I had mounted it a few CM's forward of the line. Thinking about taking another run at the new version for my low tide ski..

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    Can you elaborate on what you dislike about the new Atris vs. the old Atris??? This ski has me very intrigued! I had the Atris for a few seasons and liked but didn't love it, though I wish in hindsight I had mounted it a few CM's forward of the line. Thinking about taking another run at the new version for my low tide ski..
    The 105mm version has much less surface area at the tip and seems better suited to places where you need added stability for icy steeps and stability at speed *read; Chamonix). I own the current Atris and in a normal year it is nearly perfect as a daily driver in the Pacific Northwest, as there is almost always some new snow (not the case this season, unfortunately).

Even with a narrow profile and less sidecut, I don't think the new Atris really qualifies as a "low tide" choice; I'd still go sub-100mm with some Titanal in it. My top choices at the moment are the Stöckli Stormrider 95 and Blizzard Rustler 9.