Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 776 to 800 of 1806
  1. #776
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Fixed the qualifications
    And we are the Society Of Cranky Old Fucks, thank you very much.
    Besides Jonesy and me, only one of the other people you met (Bruce/ Blind Melon Chitlin) are members.
    We have a written Manifesto and Bylaws, with members in WA, ID, OR and NM.
    We demand a correction in your article.
    My apologies Bob. I've made a correction to the article which meets the demands of SCOF

    [Corrected Article]( https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...rfer-Snowskate)



    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

  2. #777
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    12,647
    OK thank you for that. We can't have our brand diluted/diminished.
    I will call off SCOF's legal hounds...

    Although the correction sorta reads like SCOF members aren't as classy as their friends...


    A pleasure skiing/hanging with you, OD and E. See y'all next time. Will give BMC a hard time about not showing for his snowskate lesson when I see him tomorrow

  3. #778
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    OK thank you for that. We can't have our brand diluted/diminished.
    I will call off SCOF's legal hounds...

    Although the correction sorta reads like SCOF members aren't as classy as their friends...


    A pleasure skiing/hanging with you, OD and E. See y'all next time. Will give BMC a hard time about not showing for his snowskate lesson when I see him tomorrow
    Well, ya know it was real classy of them to buy us the round of beer. You have some cool pals on the hill.

    Awesome taking laps! It was my first time at Bachelor, and I feel like I made 10 new friends. Appreciate the hospitality from both you and Jonesy.

    We'll see yall soon in the Spring, and for sure hit us up if ya come ski Hood.

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

  4. #779
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    12,647
    I think you make friends wherever you go.
    Looks from your article that you met the famous Jacques. Did you get a Workin’ It sticker?

  5. #780
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNWET
    Posts
    4,710
    Frozen precipitation should arrive in the Cascades Saturday and beyond, Winter returns. I like ice as much as the next guy but it's time for a reset.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220124_101651.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	643.8 KB 
ID:	402727
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

  6. #781
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    17,225
    I do not like ice

  7. #782
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    No longer Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Frozen precipitation should arrive in the Cascades Saturday and beyond, Winter returns. I like ice as much as the next guy but it's time for a reset.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220124_101651.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	643.8 KB 
ID:	402727
    I thought it was against the scof bylaws to complain about firm carveable snow. Paging Tbs for legal enforcement. I think you need skinnier skis with sharper edges

  8. #783
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNWET
    Posts
    4,710
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I thought it was against the scof bylaws to complain about firm carveable snow. Paging Tbs for legal enforcement. I think you need skinnier skis with sharper edges
    Or a better skier.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

  9. #784
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I thought it was against the scof bylaws to complain about firm carveable snow. Paging Tbs for legal enforcement. I think you need skinnier skis with sharper edges
    The SCOF Bylaws do not address complaining because
    Its members are, by definition, cranky
    And can therefore complain about anything they damn well please

    But with no more than two left to give, no fucks will be given if anyone complains about snow conditions

  10. #785
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNWET
    Posts
    4,710
    You're not my boss.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

  11. #786
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I think you make friends wherever you go.
    Looks from your article that you met the famous Jacques. Did you get a Workin’ It sticker?
    Yeah, he hosts his Real Laps vlog on Newschoolers and is a prolifent poster on the forums... so we get to chit chatting quite a bit about "dude, what if everything is all made of love?"

    Nice guy, that Jacques! He wants to luge ride my powder snowskate down Bachelor to like 50mph, and I am all about it.

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

  12. #787
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    239
    The powder snowskate in question:

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

  13. #788
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    You're not my boss.
    Did you used to be good?

  14. #789
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    11,553
    Quote Originally Posted by larilinesign View Post
    Yeah, he hosts his Real Laps vlog on Newschoolers and is a prolifent poster on the forums... so we get to chit chatting quite a bit about "dude, what if everything is all made of love?"

    Nice guy, that Jacques! He wants to luge ride my powder snowskate down Bachelor to like 50mph, and I am all about it.

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Wtf does “prolifent” mean? That’s not a word


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #790
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I do not like ice
    Bite your tongue, it's called "power tilled packed powder", or "hard-packed", never ice

  16. #791
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    17,225

    Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

    I was “the next guy” after Jonesy’s “I like ice as much as the next guy” comment
    disappoint
    Last edited by ::: :::; 01-25-2022 at 09:41 AM.

  17. #792
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,889
    A wise man (perhaps cranky) once said ice is an opportunity to improve skills for when the good conditions return. Anyone can make nice turns on mellow slopes under ideal conditions...

  18. #793
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    A wise man (perhaps cranky) once said ice is an opportunity to improve skills for when the good conditions return. Anyone can make nice turns on mellow slopes under ideal conditions...
    I learned to ski on ice with wooden Northland skinny skis. Then Rossi smash j's, then K2 710's (Not the FO) In NH/VT.

    Ice is a daily feature of those gnarled twisted trails.

  19. #794
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNWET
    Posts
    4,710
    Todays conditions: LOUD POWDER! Dug out the old barn skis for a nostalgic day on the hill. Right tool for the job.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220125_092131.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	402844
    Off groom was unfun but skiable. Groomers were carvy if you could find were the heel pushers hadn't scrapped it down to the base.
    Name:  20220125_091602.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  218.0 KB
    Last edited by jonesy; 01-25-2022 at 08:36 PM.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

  20. #795
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    12,647
    ^^^Stiff Skinny skis for the win today.
    Make carving great again
    Until the next dump

  21. #796
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Lost in the PNWet
    Posts
    143
    First time skiing down here. Felt like I only got to enjoy a quarter of the mountain, given the conditions, but genuinely loved ripping groomers on too-wide skis and dodging meat gates. Can only imagine how fantastic this place is on a deep day when glads and off piste in general is in play.

  22. #797
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Todays conditions: LOUD POWDER! Dug out the old barn skis for a nostalgic day on the hill. Right tool for the job.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220125_092131.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	402844
    Off groom was unfun but skiable. Groomers were carvy if you could find were the heel pushers hadn't scrapped it down to the base.
    Name:  20220125_091602.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  218.0 KB
    Gang gang


  23. #798
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    12,647
    ^^^PSA - Hoodoo is selling their rental fleet of lightly used Stockli Stormriders. Widths of 88, 95 and 105, with Warden demos, for $400.

  24. #799
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^PSA - Hoodoo is selling their rental fleet of lightly used Stockli Stormriders. Widths of 88, 95 and 105, with Warden demos, for $400.
    Thanks for the PSA. Will call them on some SR95s.

  25. #800
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    LO Ghetto
    Posts
    381
    I realize Swiss is known for their precision watches and whatnot but skis? Are they really better made than say K2, Volkl, etc? More than anything their premium price reflects Swiss wages. I picked up a pristine pair of Head Chip 71 a month ago for $100, albeit it’s probably more than 10 years old, and I couldn’t be happier with its performance on hardpack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •