Check Out Our Shop
Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1277
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Refball strikes again. That screen call is almost never made, likely can't find an example of that type of "moving" screen being called this whole playoffs. Let alone the "kickball"

NBA is such a farce. Why even bother being a small market team in the playoffs

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    It wasn’t a moving screen it was a space violation.

Nuggets, ooof

Holy moly… well, I guess Minnesota is for real. Incredible defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Nuggets, ooof
    I think it's more like T-wolves
    ...ooof

Denver crowd not enjoying the show

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	442171497_460983803011983_65210228045220060_n.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	493209

Finally getting a chance to watch the Pacers in the playoffs after basically following box scores all season. Not sure they’ll survive the Knicks but they’re fun to watch, that Brunson kid is a baller and it’s bullshit that a kicked ball violation isn’t subject to a coach’s challenge.

And Halliburton needs to be better down the stretch in a playoff game

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I can't argue with any of that, but I'm kinda thinking the Nuggets don't want it enough. Or maybe Jamal is too hurt. Either way, I'm wondering if Minn has the edge now.

Or maybe I'm just an overly nervous Denver fan too used to disappointment.
    Well, I was not overly nervous. Denver is on life support. T Wolves are coming for it.

I’m a Nugs fan but I can’t even be that mad at the game - the Wolves played amazing defense. Not sure how the Nugs can battle that through seven games, especially given Jamal’s (probable) injury/poor performance.

Could any team have handled that defense? How would Boston have held up? Seems like if the Wolves play that way, no team is beating them in a seven game series. But I also haven’t been paying that close of attention to the other series.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    I’m a Nugs fan but I can’t even be that mad at the game - the Wolves played amazing defense. Not sure how the Nugs can battle that through seven games, especially given Jamal’s (probable) injury/poor performance.

Could any team have handled that defense? How would Boston have held up? Seems like if the Wolves play that way, no team is beating them in a seven game series. But I also haven’t been paying that close of attention to the other series.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That same defense could put the entire team in foul trouble on a different night.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No JA = predictable result.

I’m happy this team is in the EC Semis. I would really like it if the talking heads would shut the fuck up about where Mitchell is going or not going after the season as their sole, and I mean sole, narrative to the season/series. The NBA media is a Stephen A led trite and boring machine - even more so since the guy hasn’t said shit about where he wants to play since his time in Utah.
    I still call it The Jake.

Welcome to the Donovan Mitchell experience!

Definitely witnessing a changing of the guard a with these emerging teams. Thunder looked dominant last night and have the size to match up well with the timberwolves. Still holding out hope for the Nuggets!

In the east, it looks like the C’s are the team to beat with or without KP. They’ll need him in the finals but I suspect they will be able to coast to the finals without him, which gives him plenty of time to get healthy.

I definitely think the Nuggets can come back.

And Luka is too good to write off the Mavs.

Hard to see any of the east teams taking out the Cs right now. The only ones that could have -- because they would have the best player on the floor -- are gone (Sixers and Bucks).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If the Nuggets had lost the first two games in Minneapolis I’d say well then they just need to hold serve at home, but getting beat up in their own house I don’t like their odds to come back. Time for Malone to make some serious coaching adjustments.

As a C's fan the Nuggets still scare me more than Minnesota and much more than the the Thunder or Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I definitely think the Nuggets can come back.

And Luka is too good to write off the Mavs.

Hard to see any of the east teams taking out the Cs right now. The only ones that could have -- because they would have the best player on the floor -- are gone (Sixers and Bucks).
    I agree with ya.

The Nuggets can definitely mount a come back but they’ve dug themselves quite the hole to get out of and I think it’s going to be tough to win 4 out of 5 games against the wolves especially without home court advantage. I hope the nuggets pull it off but it’s an uphill battle at this point.

Think about all the turmoil around the wolves ownership…. What if they pull off finals appearance and the ownership deal is still in limbo?

The thunder have an amazing team and after watching SGA in the World Cup over the summer, that dude is a killer! I honestly think the thunder could come out of the west, no diss on Luka or any other western all stars/teams. I just think it’s a really good team and SGA is the type of player (much like Ant, Jokic, LeBron, Curry, etc) that elevates the team around them while also carrying them.

OKC is so young, Hayward is the only 26+ yo that gets any PT and he's been playing less than 10mpg.

Part of me thinks they're too young to pull this off, but part of me thinks they don't know that and so maybe they can.

I don't know what adjustments are left for the Nuggets. They have no bench, and are playing against one of the deepest benches in the league. Justin Holiday getting serious minutes is an issue (shot was falling in G2 though).

G1 nobody aside from Ant could make a shot in the first half. G2 no Gobert. Feels like Nuggets need great games from all of their stars, and bad games from multiple Wolves players. Wolves have been getting good looks all series thus far, and shots have been falling. Nuggets need KAT in foul trouble coupled w/poor performances by Naz, and/or Kyle Anderson, lid on the basket, etc.

Not sure there's an edge to be gained for the Nuggets strategy or rotation-wise. Need their dudes to be better than our dudes.

- Wolves fan

This is only round two, so as a Celtics fan through the good times and the not as good times, I'm not celebrating anything yet. The remaining teams in the east are going to make them earn any wins. I don't see any coasting to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I don't know what adjustments are left for the Nuggets. They have no bench, and are playing against one of the deepest benches in the league. Justin Holiday getting serious minutes is an issue (shot was falling in G2 though).

G1 nobody aside from Ant could make a shot in the first half. G2 no Gobert. Feels like Nuggets need great games from all of their stars, and bad games from multiple Wolves players. Wolves have been getting good looks all series thus far, and shots have been falling. Nuggets need KAT in foul trouble coupled w/poor performances by Naz, and/or Kyle Anderson, lid on the basket, etc.

Not sure there's an edge to be gained for the Nuggets strategy or rotation-wise. Need their dudes to be better than our dudes.

- Wolves fan
    I was referring to strategic adjustments, not roster changes. But yeah I think Denver is cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    This is only round two, so as a Celtics fan through the good times and the not as good times, I'm not celebrating anything yet. The remaining teams in the east are going to make them earn any wins. I don't see any coasting to be done.
    Same, same, and agreed.

That being said though, this is the best Celtics team IMO since Bird/McHale/Ainge/Parrish (at least, when Porzingis is in the lineup it is). I honestly think their starting 5 and bench is better than the KG/Paul Pierce/Ray ray team that won it in 08.

This is a Celtics team that completely boat-raced the entire league in the regular season, and has shown no signs of letting up in the playoffs (Four 20+ point wins in 6 games?!?). They are making good teams look bad, and its really hard not to be excited about their immediate future. That being said, with a lineup this stacked, if they DON'T make it -at least - to the NBA Finals, it will be a huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    This is a Celtics team that completely boat-raced the entire league in the regular season
    3-5 against the top 4 seeds in the west.

But the Celts look great. Think it'll be a fun matchup whoever meets them in the Finals (minus mavs).

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post

- Wolves fan
    As a Nuggets fan: I think the Nuggets are cooked. Murray needs to be great and right now he's not - maybe injury, maybe just a bad post season. Wolves' intensity is far beyond the Nuggets. Unless Malone can have them come up about three levels the series is over. I don't really think it's the bench or the roster, I think it's the hunger.

T Wolves are willing to crush themselves every possession - whatever it takes. Nuggets are losing rotations, taking halfhearted shots, letting people pick the ball from behind.

I love the level of effort from the T Wolves. It's awesome.

Minnesota vs Boston would be a heckuva series.

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Minnesota vs Boston would be a heckuva series.
    Wolves are hungry but most of this Boston team has been through this before - and hopefully learned their lesson against the Warriors after going up 2-1, being super cocky about it and then Steph said congrats on your last win of this series. Pretty sure that humbled them and lessons were learned. I’ll take that experience and sticking with Boston as my pick. OKC and MIN are sexy picks right now but relatively inexperienced in comparison.