Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think any new name would sound wrong after knowing the team as the Indians for so long. It's fine. Everyone gets so hung up on what things are named. Get ready for lots of "they're still the Indians to me!" crap.
    I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop saying Roll Tribe.
    I still call it The Jake.

I’m Groot. .

I do wish they would have taken the bold move and gone with Steamers.

Woodsy, please explain Dodger fans to me. You have one of the greatest Dodger closers of all-time going through a rough stretch and they boo the guy before he even throws a pitch. Then when he gives it up, boo him off the field. WTF? I can't imagine another fan base that would turn so quickly on a star player. They were even booing Roberts who won them a World Series*.

Cleveland Giardians
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Really? How lame.

It's an homage to the fauna in the waterways in and around Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It's an homage to the waterways in and around Cleveland.
    The Cleveland Burning Rivers would be more apropos.

The new logo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treat-giardia-naturally-during-pregnancy.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	380196

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The new logo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treat-giardia-naturally-during-pregnancy.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	380196
    Terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The Cleveland Burning Rivers would be more apropos.
    IP issues. This was a considered name from what I hear.

Really I think that was the problem with so many names that people liked. Someone else had it or something substantially similar that would give rise to issues.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I can't imagine another fan base that would turn so quickly on a star player. They were even booing Roberts who won them a World Series*.
    I don't think you're giving some other fan bases their due.
    Philadelphia immediately comes to mind but I'm sure there are a few others just as worthy.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Woodsy, please explain Dodger fans to me. You have one of the greatest Dodger closers of all-time going through a rough stretch and they boo the guy before he even throws a pitch. Then when he gives it up, boo him off the field. WTF? I can't imagine another fan base that would turn so quickly on a star player. They were even booing Roberts who won them a World Series*.
    People are shitty, especially in groups.
    Hes coming back from a rough patch and has been good this season, unti lrecently.
    He wasnt reason we lost game

DIdnt see it ( sleeping) but dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Hes coming back from a rough patch and has been good this season, unti lrecently.
    Chapman was untouchable until June. Let's trade.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Chapman was untouchable until June. Let's trade.
    no thanks
    prolly buy Kimbrel

Mets fans, congrats on Dick Mountain

Cubs fire sale likely with their massive slide. Curious to see where Bryant, Kimbrel, and Contreras might go. Davies is probably in play too.

He wasnt reason we lost game

DIdnt see it ( sleeping) but dont like it.
    It was the most nail-biting game of the year. What a crazy ending.

It's just that there's no fucking way that would have ever happened to Shooter Beck, Rob Nen or Brian Wilson. It's baseball. Players go through rough spots. I mean, may as well start booing Bellinger every time he steps up the the plate, right?

I know you're a real baseball fan, so I can't really paint every Dodger fan with the same brush, but it seems the majority of the fans that go to games are clueless. The beach balls. The arriving late, leaving early. The wave (they were doing the fucking wave last night during a crucial point in the game!). The gasps on every pop up like it's going to go 420 feet. It's really annoying to see a baseball shrine like Dodgers Stadium desecrated by these pseudo fans.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I don't think you're giving some other fan bases their due.
    Philadelphia immediately comes to mind but I'm sure there are a few others just as worthy.
    Phily doesn't count. They'd boo Mother Teresa if she went 0 for 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Terrifying.

IP issues. This was a considered name from what I hear.

Really I think that was the problem with so many names that people liked. Someone else had it or something substantially similar that would give rise to issues.
    Dont think thats it...
    https://www.xfl.com/teams/new-york

It was the most nail-biting game of the year. What a crazy ending.

It's just that there's no fucking way that would have ever happened to Shooter Beck, Rob Nen or Brian Wilson. It's baseball. Players go through rough spots. I mean, may as well start booing Bellinger every time he steps up the the plate, right?

I know you're a real baseball fan, so I can't really paint every Dodger fan with the same brush, but it seems the majority of the fans that go to games are clueless. The beach balls. The arriving late, leaving early. The wave (they were doing the fucking wave last night during a crucial point in the game!). The gasps on every pop up like it's going to go 420 feet. It's really annoying to see a baseball shrine like Dodgers Stadium desecrated by these pseudo fans.
    Yeah, have a lot of friends there and love the Dodgers but LA has its plastic reputation for a good reason.
    cant stand the wave and I have popped beach balls. I think all sports fans are getting worse. I remember games in old Yankee stadium, no one got up when the ball was in play, no one. seems like 1/2 the fans were keeping score.
    Not so much anymore.

Wasnt Giants stadium the first of the new stadiums with all the "cool other stuff to do?" Sorry Park. Only 2 stadiums in MLB.

It's just that there's no fucking way that would have ever happened to Shooter Beck, Rob Nen or Brian Wilson.
    Beck got booed at the Stick! He had a rough stretch in 97 and his redemption in getting out of that bases loaded no out jam in the 10th in the famous Brian Johnson game was part of what made it so sweet.
    That was the most pumped I've ever been at the ballpark! I'll never forget the look on his & Dusty's faces!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Yeah, have a lot of friends there and love the Dodgers but LA has its plastic reputation for a good reason.
    cant stand the wave and I have popped beach balls. I think all sports fans are getting worse. I remember games in old Yankee stadium, no one got up when the ball was in play, no one. seems like 1/2 the fans were keeping score.
    Not so much anymore.

Wasnt Giants stadium the first of the new stadiums with all the "cool other stuff to do?" Sorry Park. Only 2 stadiums in MLB.
    I hear you on the fans are changing in general. AT&T fans aren't like Stick fans were.

There's not really anything much else to do at AT&T park. A wiffle ball diamond and a slide. It's a beautiful ballpark. Have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Beck got booed at the Stick! He had a rough stretch in 97 and his redemption in getting out of that bases loaded no out jam in the 10th in the famous Brian Johnson game was part of what made it so sweet.
    That was the most pumped I've ever been at the ballpark! I'll never forget the look on his & Dusty's faces!
    Booed walking out to the mound? No.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I wanted the Commodores, but what are you going to do?

I like it. I think the new branding looks really cool too.

The "Guardians" are statues all around downtown Cleveland and specifically the large ones on the Hope Memorial Bridge across from the Ballpark. The images have been a big part of Cleveland and the other sports in town for a long time.

Attachment 380194
    This. I like it. Most of the country will think it weird. Clevelanders will get it and like it.

As it should be.

And the Guardians are coming to kick your ass.

I hear you on the fans are changing in general. AT&T fans aren't like Stick fans were.

There's not really anything much else to do at AT&T park. A wiffle ball diamond and a slide. It's a beautiful ballpark. Have you been?
    I have been there for events, not games

One not long atfer it opened. Remember thinking it was the first park you could do non baseball things at

The fans changed as it went from pacbell to sbc to att. And as it went from one to two was trophys. (Probably 3, and oracle, I can’t say)

The huge events seemed almost parallel to baseball. A profitable, odd, addition

"The Guardians" is why the NBA and NFL and WWE are kicking baseball's ass. Such awful marketing for the twenty-first century. They had this one chance to make zillions with nationwide merchandising, a real splash, and they did that. So provincial. It's like a bunch of old Ohio white guys were sitting on Zoom the last year and thought, Guardians, nice. Not offensive at all. Could be the name of an insurance company or newspaper from 1955.