Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    We don't have to define camber. The definition is understood industry-wide.

It's traditional or it's reverse... or it's flat. That's it.
    Preach, Brother!

21/22 Gear Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    I’m new to this forum but given the shit poured on that guy in this thread the past few days and then him making it right sounds like he did the right thing despite being crapped all over.
    He has trouble expressing himself in cyberspace, irl he’s a good dude. I’ve skied with him, and would again given the chance.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    He has trouble expressing himself in cyberspace, irl he’s a good dude. I’ve skied with him, and would again given the chance.
    I’ve heard the same thing from other respected mags, though never met him. I thought maybe we were a bit harsh for the new, more polite TGR that we’re becoming, but about on point or a little weak for TGR of old.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    focus.

Just cuz is came up here: for the “flat or full, subtle rc” crowd: dynafit beast 98 for your touring needs. Haven’t skied them, but was pleasantly surprised when I fondled a pair yesterday to find them to be dead flat with tip/tail rocker. Has my attention, especially with the extinction of the bmt 94.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    He has trouble expressing himself in cyberspace, ........
    I would say that's a hudge understatement. So after some years he actually paid what he owed after being outed so as not to look like a deadbeat. BFD. He's been kicked off of gapic and pugski (or whatever it's called today) multiple times for being a flat-out asshole in almost every thread. Even now, he's the self-proclaimed "Tech Talk Master" - how long before he starts believing that and cunt up every thread.

Maybe when he doesn't have a keyboard in front of him he's not such an ass, but fine - let him live at Alpinezone or PAskiandride, and spew his dolphin turn bullshit there to the crowd that believes that nonsense.

The guy is internet poison.

I know we are busy pontificating the the latest ski-mo boots and wondering if it will perform like a WC DH Boot, debating if some of the best skiers in the world will be able to make it down groomers on a ski because we don't like the published turn radius or contemplating challenges for ski off's from Bushwacker.

BUT. Anyone seen any outerwear for next year. I'm ready for "dusty" colors to make their exit. And I'm 3 years deep in my latest steeze and looking to do something new next year.
    Training for Alpental

^^^
    Did you somehow miss the sweet North Face Gucci co-lab? Basically screams PDX hipster.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bite Me View Post
    I would say that's a hudge understatement. So after some years he actually paid what he owed after being outed so as not to look like a deadbeat. BFD. He's been kicked off of gapic and pugski (or whatever it's called today) multiple times for being a flat-out asshole in almost every thread. Even now, he's the self-proclaimed "Tech Talk Master" - how long before he starts believing that and cunt up every thread.

Maybe when he doesn't have a keyboard in front of him he's not such an ass, but fine - let him live at Alpinezone or PAskiandride, and spew his dolphin turn bullshit there to the crowd that believes that nonsense.

The guy is internet poison.
    He didn't do what he said he was going to do and only paid up because he was called out here at his last stop. That has nothing to w a failure to communicate. It makes one wonder how many other people he has short changed along the way.

Hello
    is not directly Gear, but is there clothing news from Peak Performance or others?

Quote Originally Posted by oceans View Post
    Hello
    is not directly Gear, but is there clothing news from Peak Performance or others?
    Ski Patrol Red with Grey and Black with Grey are the 'hot' new 2022 colour ways for Peak Performance

M102 camber: 177 on left, 184 right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210213_225723400.NIGHT.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	608.3 KB 
ID:	363366

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    They even have the 4F logo in the upper right...but honestly, I thought it was a new Praxis top sheet.

Either stealing (or paying homage) to the smaller guys..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    what? those are the old Hojis haha. the enforcer is higher in the thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldnew.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	1,019.5 KB 
ID:	363453

all austrian major brands going full on retro

Tasty. I'll be curious to hear how it skis. Seems like a 70/30 (BC to resort) kinda boot.

Not sure if this was posted yet.

dynafit radical pro, lighter than hoji, with hoji lock and fancy split tongue thingy

https://www.dynafit.com/detail/index/sArticle/1285

Quote Originally Posted by ogbm View Post

dynafit radical pro, lighter than hoji, with hoji lock and fancy split tongue thingy

“The new thermo-moldable boot liner (optional)...”
    Well, that’s confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Tasty. I'll be curious to hear how it skis. Seems like a 70/30 (BC to resort) kinda boot.
    one of my staff has one now, he had a Hoji and a Roxa 130, this replaced them, i posted his thoughts somewhere earlier in the thread, only 26.5 and 27.5 available now, if you want one PM me
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

And back to “radical” since every other dyna product must be some permutation of tlt and radical... I still don’t know what my two dyna bindings actually are

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Well, that’s confusing.

Liners are so 2020.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Instead of selling an $800 boot with a shitty liner that everyone throws out, they decided to save you a step and still charge $800.

That being said, it looks like an interesting boot. Probably worth waiting for next fall to pick up a new AT boot with some of the new offerings in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Well, that’s confusing.

In the past Dynafit has offered two different liners in some boots. I think they've usually offered only the heavier, more comfortable, more expensive, heat moldable versions in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by ogbm View Post

One of the Skimoco guys mentioned the Hoji tour was going away, this must be the replacement. Anything different except the toe bail?

Name:  IMG_7299 (1).jpeg
Views: 1406
Size:  24.7 KB

This colorway says to me: "Sorry about the TLT7, 8, and Speednose, but you remember the TLT6, right? We had some good times, remember?"

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Advocatus diaboli regarding radius discussion:
    Modern ski design seems to make large radius somewhat obsolete. Mantra 102 or Katana 108 with their 3-radius sidecut are best examples. Stated radius underfoot < 20 but can be skied completely naturally with huge turns. BTW same for camber profile. Both have a healthy amount of camber but pivot in 3D snow like full rocker skis. Same accounts for the Mfree 108/118 with their unbelievable amount of rocker.
    Radius/camber spreadsheet fetishist getting truly hard times nowadays.
    I believe h2og (dean cummings ski co) they called it "lay down" technology. His skis had camber and they were fat. When weighted they took an almost reverse camber feel (good pivot). When unweighted (headed into turns) the camber would be evident and lay trenches even on a 130+ underfoot ski. I still this his skis were some of the best I ever skied.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app