Page 221 of 226 FirstFirst ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 5637
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    How long will the mods allow this 2Pole dipshit to continue posting massive amounts of worthless drivel?
    As long as DSM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Does anyone else have the issue where your wedding ring makes a callus on your ring finger so that the ring becomes uncomfortably tight? I switched to a slightly larger ring, but at this rate, I'll have callus the size of a golf ball and a ring to match in another 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Do exterior windshield covers actually work for helping remove ice from the windshield? Or do they just blow away if it gets windy?
    They work IME. Some of them are pretty fragile, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Does anyone else have the issue where your wedding ring makes a callus on your ring finger so that the ring becomes uncomfortably tight? I switched to a slightly larger ring, but at this rate, I'll have callus the size of a golf ball and a ring to match in another 40 years.
    That was happening to me too, but I just decided to get divorced. Solved the problem!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I switched to a cheapo silicone wedding band. Have a few of them from Amazon in reserve.

Used to have the gold band, but damn near lost my finger when I wedged my finger accidentally in a crack - jumped down and the ring stayed. The finger thankfully slipped out but not without some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Do exterior windshield covers actually work for helping remove ice from the windshield? Or do they just blow away if it gets windy?
    My kid uses one and digs it for sure. Way better than scraping. No issues with it blowing away yet but his parking spot is fairly protected from the wind.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    My kid uses one and digs it for sure. Way better than scraping. No issues with it blowing away yet but his parking spot is fairly protected from the wind.
    The ones I've used have "wings" that get shut in the doors... which is a bit of a PITA when putting them on, but does seem to keep them from flapping away.

See, where I live, I'm envisioning the exterior cover frozen to the windshield and then ripping to shreds leaving a million pieces of cover stuck to the windshield.

I just hit it with the -40 windshield washer juice a couple times and let it sit for a minute. Run the wipers and presto, clean and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The ones I've used have "wings" that get shut in the doors... which is a bit of a PITA when putting them on, but does seem to keep them from flapping away.
    I’ve also seen them with elastic loops that go around the mirrors and that seems to work well too
    skid luxury

Is this really a big issue and happens a lot? Happened once and they put the sign up? Never happened but the safety and risk folks said a sign is a cheap way to mitigate?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1707397024.062890.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	309.0 KB 
ID:	486015

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Is this really a big issue and happens a lot? Happened once and they put the sign up? Never happened but the safety and risk folks said a sign is a cheap way to mitigate?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1707397024.062890.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	309.0 KB 
ID:	486015
    I used to deal with Work Comp for the trucking industry and this is surprisingly common.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Hey, has anybody seen Jerry?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    See, where I live, I'm envisioning the exterior cover frozen to the windshield and then ripping to shreds leaving a million pieces of cover stuck to the windshield.
    I have used a big piece of cardboard in the past and that has worked surprisingly well

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I have used a big piece of cardboard in the past and that has worked surprisingly well
    No cardboard frozen to the windshield? For me, I don't mind removing plain snow that hasn't frozen. Which seems to be the major use case for these. What I don't like to remove is frozen stuff with or without snow.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    No cardboard frozen to the windshield? For me, I don't mind removing plain snow that hasn't frozen. Which seems to be the major use case for these. What I don't like to remove is frozen stuff with or without snow.
    Yeah. I’ve only done it for the occasional freezing rain event when I lived in Oregon. Snow is easy enough to clear without any help, but getting half an inch of ice off the windshield is a pain in the ass.

Run the car defrost for five or ten minutes then the cardboard slides right off.

YMMV of course

I'd love to see pics of a piece of cardboard entombed in half an inch of ice on a windshield.

I picked up one of those windshield covers at Costco, half off, so $10. Seems like it could be useful for not having to scrape ice - but then I have to remember to put it on the windshield every time I park for overnight. And it's not icy every morning. Today, it rained/snowed a little overnight, and there's a layer of bumpy ice on the windshield, which is always a pain to scrape off.

For $10, guess I'll try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Is a honeycrip still the best apple variety for eating out of hand
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Generally speaking, I'd say yes... but I'm eating one right now and if I'm honest, it's a disappointment.

So maybe?

Granny Smith.

As sour as Benny's disposition.

We found after having a few apple trees in our front yard that the difference between tree ripened and grocery store apples can be as big as the difference between vine ripened tomatoes and store-bought.

So if you can get tree ripened Pippins around October, that's pretty sublime. If you're thinking about the grocery store, I agree that honey crisp ain't bad. Cosmic Crisp was created to store better than honey crisps, so at a certain point in the year, say March or April until the apple harvest, they might be a better bet.

Braeburn. They sweeten up really nice if you leave them in the fridge.

I haven't had a honeycrisp in a while to compare textures.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Cosmic Crisp
    Those are good. I'm also a big fan of Galas. IMO, they key to buying any hand apple is to look for slightly under-ripe specimens that still have a tinge of green at the blossom end.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Rave is my new favorite, I live in The Apple Capital. It’s a hybrid of Honeycrisp and Monarch. Aura is another great new hybrid. It looks like a golden delicious but is sweet, juicy and crispy, hints of lemon and honey. It’s everything you want a golden to be but are inevitably disappointed with.

The biggest difference in grocery store apples vs fresh is the time spent outside controlled atmosphere. I buy from the local apple packer and they’re fresh from controlled atmosphere every day. Grocery store apples travel from the packer to a distribution center and then out to the store. They can be out of controlled atmosphere for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums