Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1964
  1. #1376
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the climate suits my clothes.
    Posts
    5,076
    On another note, what it this? Our town is in the process of "beautifying downtown" which essentially means burying all the power lines through the half mile of Main St. that constitutes the center of town.

    They have been digging and working on infrastructure for months now, and a couple of weeks ago these things showed up.

    Clearly they aren't finished product, but wtf are they, and what will they look like when the job is done (in like 2023..)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210906_102932.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	384601

  2. #1377
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    16,094
    Brownski, 8 siblings?!? …dang

  3. #1378
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    7,794

    Random Unthreadworthy Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    On another note, what it this? Our town is in the process of "beautifying downtown" which essentially means burying all the power lines through the half mile of Main St. that constitutes the center of town.

    They have been digging and working on infrastructure for months now, and a couple of weeks ago these things showed up.

    Clearly they aren't finished product, but wtf are they, and what will they look like when the job is done (in like 2023..)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210906_102932.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	384601
    The bases for new fancy light posts perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    We used to make choppers when we were kids, cutting forks of other bikes and jamming them on to the existing forks, with Schwinn Stingray handlebars and banana seats with super-tall sissy bars. It probably sounds like I'm talking in code, but no.
    Ooh guessing I probably shouldn’t holler out, “Sweet sissy bars!”
    to the guy’s face though….
    skid luxury

  4. #1379
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    3,720
    The round one is the base for a tower, probably a traffic light but maybe a street light or even just big sign with lights on it, it'll have power, whatever it is, from the conduit in the center, and the rectangular one is probably the base for a transformer or maybe a controller for the traffic light.

  5. #1380
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the climate suits my clothes.
    Posts
    5,076
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    The bases for new fancy light posts perhaps?



    Ooh guessing I probably shouldn’t holler out, “Sweet sissy bars!”
    to the guy’s face though….
    The sissy bar is the one on the back to prevent a passenger from falling off.

    The big handlebars are appropriately labeled Ape Hangers.

    If someone has a fancy customed out big bar coming off the rear fender behind the seat it would be totally appropriate to holler "sweet sissy bar". They'd probably appreciate it!

  6. #1381
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the climate suits my clothes.
    Posts
    5,076
    Doubled down. Ape hangers, and...

    Sweet Sissy Bar!!Name:  292394_452103564823054_1601330878_n.jpeg
Views: 322
Size:  107.8 KB

  7. #1382
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,769
    C you


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #1383
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Posts
    1,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Clover lawns are the new thing.
    Garden chat is all about seeding clover until it crowds out the lawn grass

    It’s nitrogen fixing. Low maintenance.

    Clover is easy to kill with chemicals.
    Crabgrass? I’ve got that and it’s an evil weed.

    Wife just bitched tonight about how nice the neighbors golf course lawns are. I tried to explain how much chemical and money they spray every month. And she still wants it. Fuggh.

    As far as seeding, seed is cheap. Lay it down and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    People are seeding clover? I take it all back, human progress may last well into 2022! Details, please. Specific varieties for different climates? Any gotchas to this?

    I can accept bees on the lawn. I'm thinking to start this on the end that my wife hates and see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Ecolawn, on my short list for next spring:

    https://extension.oregonstate.edu/ga...ess-work-water
    Good explanation in first 6:30 of this "This Old House" video:
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

    - Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

  9. #1384
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    3,785
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The round one is the base for a tower, probably a traffic light but maybe a street light or even just big sign with lights on it, it'll have power, whatever it is, from the conduit in the center, and the rectangular one is probably the base for a transformer or maybe a controller for the traffic light.
    Wtf did they make you take a class after that power pole incident???

  10. #1385
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,743
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D7E6749-A67D-40D7-BCA2-3D6AB751CAFD.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	385161

  11. #1386
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,794
    Are you asking why not? Because it scratches. Barkeeper's Friend seems harmless though.
    We were staying in a fancy house in the woods when my kid got married a few weeks ago--sign on the wood stove said "may be hot". Which seems obvious enough, but then having a cardboard sign taped to a hot wood stove doesn't seem like a great idea either.

  12. #1387
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,545
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    We used to make choppers when we were kids, cutting forks of other bikes and jamming them on to the existing forks, with Schwinn Stingray handlebars and banana seats with super-tall sissy bars. It probably sounds like I'm talking in code, but no.
    My brother's sissy bar had a peace sign in it.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  13. #1388
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,545
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    The bases for new fancy light posts perhaps?



    Ooh guessing I probably shouldn’t holler out, “Sweet sissy bars!”
    to the guy’s face though….
    Sissy bar - singular. It's the bar at the back of the saddle.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  14. #1389
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Are you asking why not? Because it scratches. Barkeeper's Friend seems harmless though.
    We were staying in a fancy house in the woods when my kid got married a few weeks ago--sign on the wood stove said "may be hot". Which seems obvious enough, but then having a cardboard sign taped to a hot wood stove doesn't seem like a great idea either.
    "If sign is burning, stove is hot"

  15. #1390
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    7,794
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Sissy bar - singular. It's the bar at the back of the saddle.
    oh yes they corrected me on that above. I thought it was a name for the tall handlebars at first.
    My favs are the bikers with the dogs riding with them with little helmets and doggles
    skid luxury

  16. #1391
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,248
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    oh yes they corrected me on that above. I thought it was a name for the tall handlebars at first.
    My favs are the bikers with the dogs riding with them with little helmets and doggles
    You seeing this with a sissy bar? Or just in the side cars?

    Doggles rule. The flappy tongue sticking out under them is the best!

  17. #1392
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,545
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    oh yes they corrected me on that above. I thought it was a name for the tall handlebars at first.
    My favs are the bikers with the dogs riding with them with little helmets and doggles
    If you like animals in helmets check out the kitty stoke thread.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  18. #1393
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,579
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    My favs are the bikers with the dogs riding with them with little helmets and doggles
    Not quite what you're talking about, but close

    Name:  SCD.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  117.9 KB

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leftturn.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	385206

  19. #1394
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down on Electric Avenue
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D7E6749-A67D-40D7-BCA2-3D6AB751CAFD.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	385161
    Rideski's avatar + Stainless Steel + Motorcycles = RevCo

    For you bro,



    monkey handlebars...lmao, so funny.

  20. #1395
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    7,794

    Random Unthreadworthy Questions

    Saw this one a couple of weeks ago
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1631478251.963485.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	674.6 KB 
ID:	385213

    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    If you like animals in helmets check out the kitty stoke thread.
    Oh I’m a real lurker in that kitty thread!
    skid luxury

  21. #1396
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,780
    I miss beemerchef.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  22. #1397
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,181
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Saw this one a couple of weeks ago
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1631478251.963485.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	674.6 KB 
ID:	385213



    Oh I’m a real lurker in that kitty thread!
    Stuff like that is cute, but I’m always conflicted because that dog will die if the driver gets in an accident. Not strapped in at all.

  23. #1398
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I miss beemerchef.
    troof
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  24. #1399
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Rideski's avatar + Stainless Steel + Motorcycles = RevCo

    For you bro.

    Thanks man, definitely had not seen that before. Burning motocycle thrown off a roof is a nice touch. The buddy that got me into Ministry mentioned Revco a few times and I’ve heard some of their songs. I’ll check them out again.

  25. #1400
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,248
    The dog in sidecar thread got me to watch Sit Stay Ride on Amazon a while ago. It wasn't the greatest ever, but anything with doggles is kinda cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •