Page 109 of 121 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3002
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_Sauce View Post
    Doable timeline if everything (baggage/roads) go smoothly. Alpy had night skiing on the lower mountain as well, so I’d definitely give it a go.
    Yep, agreed. Just keep an eye on the Hours page to see whats going to be open during your trip and when: https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/hours...ation=alpental

Stay in North Bend for the easiest access to the mountain (~20mins) while still being in a legit city/town. Or, stay a little further away in Issaquah for closer access to Bellevue/Seattle and ~30mins to skiing.

Hit Crystal Thursday morning if no time constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_speed_monster View Post
    I really wish they'd start doing legit chain control for large commercial vehicles California-style. Seems like the bulk of I-90 shutdowns are due to ill-equipped truckers. It's amazing how many trucks I see in the ditch whenever a storm comes in...
    WSP said that 80% of the closures last year was because of truckers who didn't chain up.
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

It stayed snow until after 3pm today making for some nice, creamy turns, 5" of new in the morning with 3"-4" falling during the day, turned to clear flake at the end of the day tomorrow could be interesting at the Lazy A
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_18ab.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	737.0 KB 
ID:	484070
    Last edited by snoqpass; 01-22-2024 at 11:24 PM.
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by patg View Post
    I've got an Alpental/Summit JONG question:

wife and I are attending a wedding in Seattle in March. If we land at SEA at 1030AM on a Wednesday (3/20), I think we can get out to the mountain by 1 or so for afternoon laps - is that realistic or am I dreaming? We'd also plan to stay somewhere and ski Thursday before needing to get over to Bainbridge Island Thurs night (no time constraints). We will have a car. Open to suggestions on where to stay Wed night in terms of easy access etc. and any other recommendations on what I need to know. Thanks in advance!
    Night skiing generally ends mid-March be sure to check the Summit Website or App for the most current information

Quote Originally Posted by euro_speed_monster View Post
    I really wish they'd start doing legit chain control for large commercial vehicles California-style. Seems like the bulk of I-90 shutdowns are due to ill-equipped truckers. It's amazing how many trucks I see in the ditch whenever a storm comes in...
    WSP said that 80% of the closures last year was because of truckers who didn't chain up.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    It stayed snow until after 3pm today making for some nice, creamy turns, 5" of new in the morning with 3"-4" falling during the day, turned to clear flake at the end of the day tomorrow could be interesting at the Lazy A

Name:	fullsizeoutput_18ab.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	737.0 KB 
ID:	484070
    I plan to investigate that tomorrow. Fingers crossed the levels don't rise too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    I plan to investigate that tomorrow. Fingers crossed the levels don't rise too much.
    NWAC has been flubbing the forecasts for the Pass a bit this year though all models are pointing towards a damp day, it's 32 degrees at the top of Alpental at 2300hrs I hate to be the Debbie Downer but it's looking like it's raining up there now

Speaking of Debbie downer, nobody will be going down Debbie's this morning for a few hours due to maintainance... the day after they were closed and presumably would have been able to do maintenance.

Yeah, saw that. I think the Alpental day of rest is very literal..

Guess I'll get some work done and try for tomorrow. Hopefully The cool down sucks some moisture out without making it too crunchy and there's a few inches of reset.

The inbounds was a little different

Name:	Attachment-1.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	484152

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    . Hopefully The cool down sucks some moisture out without making it too crunchy and there's a few inches of reset.
    Reset is skiing heavy. And slow. With a very firm base and pea soup vis. 11:00 beer break kind of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Reset is skiing heavy. And slow. With a very firm base and pea soup vis. 11:00 beer break kind of day.
    Not a surprise. The snow last night was sticky in a bunch of spots. This weekend is going to be rough.

Too bad there's a picture of a baseball player on this thread that won't fucking go a way

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    The inbounds was a little different

Name:	Attachment-1.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	484152
    That poma would have been exciting to ride, blew me away when I 1st skied past it
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Today was wetter than your mom at my house

I’ll be at alpental tomorrow hoping for some nice slush during my sons lesson if anyone wants to meet up for some laps. Blue coat orange helmet probably on bonafides unless it’s so slushy I pull out my goats.

Bring back frozen coral reef

snelsen corn beersnowing

Fuck yeah buddy! Looks like a good time out in them there mountains.

Why is lower international roped like that? I havent skied down that way the two days ive managed to ride Ch2 thus far in '24 and am lacking now.

Fun one on the padded seats today - felt like April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    ripped around Hyak, Silver Fir and Central with one of my kids today. Pleasantly surprised that there was not a freeze cycle the night before, soft fun slushy snow on a lot of aspects. Guessing upper Alpental was a different story. Hyak was the call, zero crowds. We need a refill... Lots of exposed ground and bushes on outback. Watched a bunch of people say fuck it and take skis off at the top of golden nugget haha.

I think I'd like a ride back down conditions this morning
    birdbluethe glue that keeps it all together

(Quote) bring back frozen coral reef

WE'RE SO BACK BABY!

What in the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    ripped around Hyak, Silver Fir and Central with one of my kids today. Pleasantly surprised that there was not a freeze cycle the night before, soft fun slushy snow on a lot of aspects. Guessing upper Alpental was a different story. Hyak was the call, zero crowds. We need a refill... Lots of exposed ground and bushes on outback. Watched a bunch of people say fuck it and take skis off at the top of golden nugget haha.
    Sounds like a good score. Today was not empty, and definitely not soft - at least not until Hidden Valley in the afternoon. As a bonus, the propane line froze in the Hyak lodge, so no burgers/fries/tenders. Still, fun was had with the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums