Page 106 of 121 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3002
    Anyone know of any dog friendly indoor area at the pass? Looking for a spot to get out of the cold for a couple hours this weekend

To those that skied Alpental today, did they run Sessel? I'm coming up tomorrow and bringing a friend along who's new to skiing this season. I'm hoping that he doesn't have to take the shuttle over to west after getting crushed on Debbie's. Don't worry, he won't go anywhere near Chair 2.

Also, I can attest that the snow was really really good in the Kendall area today. We didn't find any obvious signs of instability but we were wary of steeper open slopes and due to time constraints and the wind, we didn't take the time to look further than hand shear tests on the skin track.

^ yes sessel ran today.

It was great opening day. 5 laps on Armstrong, 3 on the padded seats before lunch. 2 didn't start loading until shortly after 10, and the lower mountain was so fun I could drag myself away until then. Did international ever open?

Anyone else witness the incident on shot 6? Guy took a tumble through the rope line to the right of the entrance and was hanging upsidedown by his skis that were hung up in the little trees. Me and another guy stayed with him till ski patrol arrived... Had he come out of his skis he had a good 25+ foot drop below

Word on the street is... broken femur

Been sick (post Covid complications) and decided to skip the Alpy opener to ski with this guy. Just farted around Central and Silver Fir.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1470.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	791.2 KB 
ID:	482615  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Word on the street is... broken femur
    Woah, that had to be someone else unless homie fell when ski patrol was trying to get him on belay. The entrance was a lil sporty and I almost went for a ride... the two people who dropped in directly after me did, and went over the ice bulge.

Patrol said no Nash circa today circa 1:30 and I left shortly thereafter so can’t verify they didn’t change their mind.

Word to those with led feet further weighted with ski boots. Apparently the access road doubles as a speed trap……Watchout!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://youtu.be/k6f22LzlIaE?si=VimF414r6vBlkm0B

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

yeeea buddy surf's up

Fuck yeah. You guys are ripping, some big hits in there too

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    more grunt!

Thanks for the stoke SVS. I can’t wait till I get a chance to ride it again this season. Hopefully sooner than later.

stellar, svs!

Hell yea. Looks nice up there.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

Very nice

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

sexy

The demographic and socio-political buttcrack.
    oh swwweeeeeeeeet

/cartman

Fuck yeah bud!! Disappointed at the lack of grunt.

Fantastic lines Sirvic.

My son, for the first time ever, suggested we go skiing! Had a great morning laying down casual lines for him to follow at central. Soft and good!

A sick kiddo scuttled by day off skiing plans today. Hoping the -36 windchill keeps crowds away tomorrow. NWAC pics made it look like lowe nash at least ripped wall to wall, down to solstice crust... How was upper? I'd have to assume they're gonna wait a while to open egate?

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Alpental was great today. I only had a couple hours to spare from work so didn't bother with the chair 2 line and just lapped stuff off of Armstrong and Sessel. Somehow managed to sneak a spot in lot 3 despite all others being chock full when I came through. So nice to be skiing dry snow. Hi to any anon mags I happened to share a chair with... I was in red pants, blue helmet and on deathwishes.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    A sick kiddo scuttled by day off skiing plans today. Hoping the -36 windchill keeps crowds away tomorrow. NWAC pics made it look like lowe nash at least ripped wall to wall, down to solstice crust... How was upper? I'd have to assume they're gonna wait a while to open egate?
    I wish we could tell you... but no Nash today either. Not even any visible ropelines put up yet either so I'd be doubtful about tomorrow morning too. Lame if you ask me. Day 1, I get it, but day 2? C'mon.

In other news, Shot 6 entrance was the gnarliest I've ever seen it. I don't get sketched out easily and it was super sketch. And not really worth it either, as the traverse tracks into it got very very high.

Best play was just fast chilly Armstrong laps. Nice cold snow.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I wish we could tell you... but no Nash today either. Not even any visible ropelines put up yet either so I'd be doubtful about tomorrow morning too. Lame if you ask me. Day 1, I get it, but day 2? C'mon.

In other news, Shot 6 entrance was the gnarliest I've ever seen it. I don't get sketched out easily and it was super sketch. And not really worth it either, as the traverse tracks into it got very very high.

Sounds like hitting the hyak opener early, and then heading across the highway later in the morning might be the play for me. New fit for me this year if anyone is around - green jacket, black pants on protests or mfrees.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post

I cant remember people using a rope to belay in to shot6 like that. i almost bobbled it jumping the rock on the high side on the last lap thru, still good turns across and into lower I at the end today.

Agree the "cant open Nash sorry no ropes up" is a little hollow when they then tracked out the new ch5 lift line.and old poma hill already. Lotta tracks down Nash but still no ropes up so expect more delays in opening tomorrow.

SVS, sick edit for the opener esp those shot6 turns, a few of those spots skied the same today with the refresh but also with 25F colder temps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240112_110719~2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	678.1 KB 
ID:	482750

Fun snow for all.

Name:	20240112_115306(0)~2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	626.3 KB 
ID:	482751
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I cant remember people using a rope to belay in to shot6 like that. i almost bobbled it jumping the rock on the high side on the last lap thru, still good turns across and into lower I at the end today.

Agree the "cant open Nash sorry no ropes up" is a little hollow when they then tracked out the new ch5 lift line.and old poma hill already. Lotta tracks down Nash but still no ropes up so expect more delays in opening tomorrow.

SVS, sick edit for the opener esp those shot6 turns, a few of those spots skied the same today with the refresh but also with 25F colder temps.

Name:	20240112_110719~2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	678.1 KB 
ID:	482750

Fun snow for all.

Name:	20240112_115306(0)~2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	626.3 KB 
ID:	482751
    Mazee is my spirit animal