Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2624
    Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Between, Hosts with radios, schoolers with radios and trollers with radios I would say that would be a BOLD poach. Perks me up a bit to think about it ...but I really don't poach in bounds.

Tough one to just flash also, your in there for a bit...exposed !
    I'm guessing you're talking about the T-3 and PB area poaches so maybe this doesn't apply but I actually had a patroler pull me to the side on the Sublette line after I skied Alta Zero and he asked me if that was me up there, I went with honesty and I was like....do you want my pass and he just smiled which turned into a laugh and he said "Nah, I love watching that stuff!"
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Sunday was definitely the best day of my spring so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A6544.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	368421

Name:	7F5A6564.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	368422

Thanks for all the pictures and nostalgia. I'll make back that way soon enough.

Have a couple half off buddy passes left. PM me if you are in need
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Love that first photo UAN, good feelings evoked.

Great shots, UAN.
    guy with the italy flag colored long poles appears again
    Aggressive in my own mind

I love pics that tell a story....... you’ve got that dialed uan+++

Really nice light yesterday morning, and surprisingly good skiing.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Really nice light yesterday morning, and surprisingly good skiing.[/IMG]

Agreed. If you look closely you can see yourself waiting for me at the bottom, probably wondering what was taking so long. I had to get a photo of the turns to come.

Name:	Image1616506792.720176.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	742.6 KB 
ID:	368633

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Agreed. If you look closely you can see yourself waiting for me at the bottom, probably wondering what was taking so long. I had to get a photo of the turns to come.

Haha yes I was glad you heard me say "go get the next one!"

I’m due to fly out tomorrow but I’ve tweaked my knee. Having prepaid for tickets does anyone know someone who can help me get a refund. I’m getting a doctors note. I’d just like to find out if I’ll get a refund so I can spend the money on booze and airport trinkets.

Totally bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I’m due to fly out tomorrow but I’ve tweaked my knee. Having prepaid for tickets does anyone know someone who can help me get a refund. I’m getting a doctors note. I’d just like to find out if I’ll get a refund so I can spend the money on booze and airport trinkets.

Totally bummed.

If it's Delta just call them and let them know what's up. I've had really good customer service from them. When the ex and I split they refunded me the cost of a couple of Japan tix without too much of a sob story. Best of luck with the knee.

No pics, but the Targhee BC is pretty stellar right now. Heck of a morning.

^ sorry to hear you are banged up. I can say the season pass office was really good about refunding my remaining pass money with a doctor's note and I did that all by email. Hopefully same for day passes.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Love that first photo UAN, good feelings evoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Great shots, UAN.
    guy with the italy flag colored long poles appears again
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    I love pics that tell a story....... you’ve got that dialed uan+++
    thank you much! not sure anything is dialed — I've just consider every day a chance to practice. while I mainly shoot for my own memory/enjoyment + that of the people I ski with, I'm super happy that the pics create some stoke on a broader level.

that's a real good spot. always throws me off that it is due west.

Name:	7F5A6420.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	368787

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    If it's Delta just call them and let them know what's up. I've had really good customer service from them. When the ex and I split they refunded me the cost of a couple of Japan tix without too much of a sob story. Best of luck with the knee.

No pics, but the Targhee BC is pretty stellar right now. Heck of a morning.
    I’m still flying in, meeting a friend. Hardest thing I’ve had to do, but I don’t feel like ruining the next 3 months. Sent JH a doctors note, we’ll see if I get my $600 back.

Also a reservation at targ, but all they do is give a voucher for 5 yrs. Somehow praying for a miracle.

Thanks.

Really stoked on the return of winter. The Ghee has skied really well Saturday, Sunday and today.

"I wonder if the author knows Taco Bell used to sit at the base of that.
    Ain't nothing critical habitat about that slope on the butte, laughable. A handful of deer tool around on it. Can't say I've ever seen an elk on this side maybe over on the other quieter side.
    The only real concern could be cutting an avy loose and that is impossible right now."

I enjoy your thoughts on this thread but bummed on the lack of respect for wildlife closures on East Gros Ventre Butte. I myself remember being enamored with skiing the Taco Bell couloir in the 90s. I dated a gal living in GhettoBrook - remember it sliding in 96-97 and flooding the parking lot turning it into an ice rink? Go to Spirits of the West to celebrate with Holly Danner! Anyway- the fact is that the S side of East Gros Ventre Butte is super important for wildlife in the winter. Correct - not elk. But tons of other critters that use those slopes that remain thin to survive the brutal winter.

We f**cking live in Yellowstone. Please give a damn about the fact that its the only intact ecosystem in America. Hats off to Teton County and USFS for making those south facing slopes closed in the winter. Don't give a damn about mule deer?- check out the migrations that U Wyo researchers have found about mule deer moving from basically I-80 to Island Park. Way cooler than your ski days at the Vill.

https://www.hcn.org/issues/50.14/wil...ip-of-deer-255

I am trying to understand crispy's concern and complaint -

to my reading East Gros Ventre Butte is the prominence immediately west of Jackson
    ( this may be wrong. but it is not the Gros Ventre Range - ) -

UW tracked one deer up the east side of the valley, and it crossed the valley north of Jenny Lake -
    East Gros Ventre Butte is Not a migratory route --

it appears the (initial) comment was in response to a claim in bucktail that a spot immediately adjacent to Jackson ( - accessible by road ! ) is important wildlife 'habitat' ( that , perhaps, I should fact check... yep - "critical wildlife habitat" )

This is easily confirmed or refuted - "critical wildlife habitat" is a Land designation term. An Offical classification.
    it is highly unlikely that Private Property in Jackson or immediately adjacent to Jackson is so classified.

are there critters there (?)
    as pictured in bucktail, cover looks very thin ;
    it is not a migratory route.

crispy, I think it is important to note the UW scientists followed One deer (deer255), And acknowledged the mule deer dispersed as they moved from Winter range to Summer range
    ( I wonder how the deer (255) would have moved If she was not being 'pushed' by trackers
    ( remember, deer255 reportedly had the longest migration of all of the deer that were tracked ) ) ;

it appears ( and I believe ) the mistake here was bucktail using an official term ( critical wildlife habitat ) 'creatively' .

finally, I will take - exception with your swipe at my friend, Dj --
    you may not respect his 'stoke' for skiing at JHMR And in the region ( or simply the casual irie ( I had to look it up ) of his style ), but I do
    ( And Dj certainly does Not need me defending him ) --

Dj's annual threads are a Positive source and resource for skiing. ! !!!

( I accept and acknowledge crispy's concern for wildlife is almost certainly sincere
    ( I do not believe that the perceived lack of respect for wildlife is real ( one could not live an Outdoor life in Jackson for thirty years and not have respect for Nature ) )

enough from me - tj

Among the things and people I like are wildlife and Djongo. Don't make me choose!

The Taco will always be the premier poach in Jackson. Combo of the most visible turns in the valley (you better not suck) and the amount of butthurt it causes is off the charts.

Unskiabowl is child's play comparatively.

And DJ is a TGR institution, don't cut down a legend. Someday I hope to be lucky enough to hang.
    Live Free or Die

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy DJs stoke and ruminations, but institution? Didn’t he show up on the board three years ago?
    Very active poster in that time for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy DJs stoke and ruminations, but institution? Didn’t he show up on the board three years ago?
    Very active poster in that time for sure!
    It doesn't take long to be institutionalized.

Certainly doesn't. Tedski was here for a couple days, tops, but will be here forever in our hearts and minds.
    Live Free or Die

Oh, I tee'd one up and fired away; but after driving to the villy and a sesh, I decided to take a mulligan.

My point was that there is not enough wildlife action near hwy. 22 to make it 45mph year around.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Among the things and people I like are wildlife and Djongo. Don't make me choose!
    Not gonna happen. I'm pro animal life. But my life will not revolve around them.

I help 2 does and their 5 yearlings survive the Kelly avenue gauntlet almost daily.
    And I don't yell get off my lawn to them...

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The Taco will always be the premier poach in Jackson. Combo of the most visible turns in the valley (you better not suck) and the amount of butthurt it causes is off the charts.

Unskiabowl is child's play comparatively.

And DJ is a TGR institution, don't cut down a legend. Someday I hope to be lucky enough to hang.
    Quality turns and butthurt are indeed hallmarks of that getting skied. Access is harder than the deed.
    Respectfully, I think institution is an overstatement; but thank you nonetheless. I appreciate that immensely.
    Like most of you local mags, I'm just a guy who loves Skiing, this Valley and this Life.
    We do what we can, hope for the best, plan for the worst and remember how good we have it.
    As ever, I am one of the luckiest guys in here.
    And Adironrider don't need no luck to hang, just holla and i'll ski witcha whenevs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thanks SkiJ - Your gentle and mannerly argument style and true love for skiing and this place are consistently evident in what you say. Always welcome here my friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skiing was pretty dang choice this am before the clouds rolled in.
    Rocked the few groomers that had shaved ice on them, pitter pattered thru a coupla off piste laps that were visually sketchy but actually decent turns, medium pow on firm.
    Got my doors sucked off by about 5 junior racers warming up for the USSA Intermountain finals this week.
    For teens U14, this is some of the premier ski racing in all of the nation.
    I forgot about it until they came banging past me. FKNA!

It bears repeating...no matter how fast you are, someone is bound to pass you here.
    Even 12 year olds.
    I was slipping the hardpack early groomies, and they were arcing like 94lb. mofos.
    Todays race surface woulda been flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    It doesn't take long to be institutionalized.
    Heh, that's pretty funny and rather applicable for me...

Soooooo, was that you and the mrs. the other day?
    -I made turns and rode a gondy with a couple that coulda been you two, they were lapping dillydally alley with lev on the next lap. I was with Uglymoney and his 2 ladies in front at the sweetwater midload.