Page 45 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3042
    I am remembering the DUI thing actualy came about after 911 becuz of Canada jumping thru some hoops that the USA wanted ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i certainly never heard objections about the legitimacy of any president’s birth certificate.
    Fuck off with lungbleach's bullshit. He spent years (and claims to have spent millions) trying to prove his racist BS, and came up with the exact same amount of evidence as his current big lie.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

https://allcleared.com/blog/common-m...da-with-a-dui/

its in here ^^ and there is probably more to it, sound like you could be turned away flying or driving

" Since 9/11, the US and Canada have been sharing a lot of information about their residents, and your DUI is likely to show up when your passport is scanned or your name is entered at the border crossing "

Ya, that just says Canada and US are sharing more data with each other. It doesn't say the data from the US is 100% accurate. It's all data entry. Court clerks fuck up all the time and one error can snowball. Old DUIs especially. DUIs are particularly complicated because they are classified as a more serious offense in Canada (we Americans liked to get fucked up and drive, it's our pastime). And Canada's DUI laws are not exactly the same as US DUI laws. So for instance, a WA DUI gets you banned from Canada but if you get your DUI reduced to Negligent driving 1st, you are ok. If you get it amended to Reckless Driving, you are most likely not ok, but it can depend on the boarder guard's mood (I recommend you strike up a conversation about the local hockey team).

The point being, pretending the US's vaccination record system is grounds to exclude Americans is ludicrous to me because Canada relies on the US's criminal conviction record keeping. It's a straw man argument.

" Technically, driving under the influence (DUI), driving while intoxicated (DWI), and similar charges are criminal offences in Canada, which means that even if your record was a misdemeanor in the US, you might be deemed to have committed a criminal offence in Canada. "

never mind that its white American terrorists killing all the Americans It was the USA who wanted the info sharing so they could catch muslim terrorists apres 911

which also caught all them criminals with a DUI

what part of criminal don't you understand ?

you also find the whole border being closed for a year thing to be ludicrous but its still closed and so now it will be closed to " criminals " who are unvaxed

You can enter Canada if you are charged with a WA DUI (gross misdemeanor) that is amended down to Negligent Driving 1st (a misdemeanor), which is very common on your first offense in WA. Both charges are "criminal." So the point being, there are US criminal convictions out there that Canada does not use to exclude entry. This is all based on Canada's immigration laws. There's probably a BC court case on the subject. Washington's Negligent Driving 1st, despite being a criminal conviction, is ok, because the elements of that offense do not match any criminal charge in Canada. The elements of Neg Dr 1 are "driving in a negligent manor while exhibiting the effects of consuming alcohol or drugs. Negligent means failure to use ordinary care." Note, that you don't have to be drunk or even "appreciably affected" as is the case of DUI, just "exhibiting the effects." So like odor of alcohol on your breath is enough. That would not be a crime in Canada so Canada says come on in my friend.

My understanding is that as much of it has to do with the penalty. If your penalty (sentence, remuneration, whatever) would have satisfied Canada law as well, then you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Fuck off with lungbleach's bullshit. He spent years (and claims to have spent millions) trying to prove his racist BS, and came up with the exact same amount of evidence as his current big lie.
    I think you misunderstand my point. It is precisely because the record keeping is neither good or consistent that he was enabled (in part) to continue making his outlandish statements.

With regard to covid vaccination, despite AltaSnob's thought that we can take counties at their word, it's hard to believe that it would work out well for us (citizens who want to travel, Canadians that want to be sure people are vaxxed before coming, etc) because the same problems in recordkeeping from decades ago are still a problem today (covid vaccines, guns, etc).

If it wasn't a problem, states wouldn't have spent millions trying to address it (like with the NYS app, among others).

This is a pro and con for people in general (a large hack is less likely to expose sensitive information than with a centralized database) but illuminates the different problem of verifying information.

If the records were accessible and uniform, we would never have heard about a market for fake cards... the criminality proves the point. Whether it matters to Canada or not after they're 75% vaxxed, is up to them.

Has anything meaningful been done to address these shortcomings since this was published?

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...system/618891/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Ya, but even when Canada is at 80% fully vaccinated there will still always be 20% not vaccinated. And when the day comes that Canada lets Americans in, and Brazilians, Indians, Africans, they will bring the detla and variant de jour and there will be deaths and your health care system will be strapped. That day is coming. When, who knows, but it will happen. I look at it as a choice. Keep the border closed for the rest of time and eliminate all death. Or face the music, let the virus run rampant through those who don't want to get vaxed and unfortunately, those who can't get vaxed, and deem the deaths that follow as an acceptable risk (this is basically how the US, and most of the Western World, is looking at the situation right now).
    At 80% they believe further infections will no longer strain the healthcare system. There is no current method to keep any variant out of Canada - they'll all get here one way or another with or without tourism.

We know COVID old and new will always be around, they just need to make sure that we've got the current one under enough control that the inevitable spike in the fall won't matter. Many Canadians are also kinda giving the USA a time-out anyway for the last 4 years of bullshit so lots of us aren't in any hurry to head south. Some are, of course, but many aren't.

Lots of poorly educated Canadian nationalists it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    At 80% they believe further infections will no longer strain the healthcare system. There is no current method to keep any variant out of Canada - they'll all get here one way or another with or without tourism.

We know COVID old and new will always be around, they just need to make sure that we've got the current one under enough control that the inevitable spike in the fall won't matter. Many Canadians are also kinda giving the USA a time-out anyway for the last 4 years of bullshit so lots of us aren't in any hurry to head south. Some are, of course, but many aren't.
    there is also that thing where people dying kind of sucks

and yeah a time out after 4 years of the Trump bulshit,

his mishandling of COVID didnt do anything for America's rep

no need to let people in just cuz they want to come ... freedumb stops at the 49th eh

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

no need to let people in just cuz they want to come ... freedumb stops at the 49th eh
    It makes me chuckle to see that only conservative politicians get lambasted by the left wing media for failing to keep the coronavirus out of their borders. Lots of examples of progressive world leaders and countries that didn't fare any better, but for some reason it remains a closed minded persons talking point.

OK so name the examples ?

Nobody is keeping Covid out at this point but Canada wants to get 2 shots into 75% of the population

Trump failed to do anything but lie to the American public,

which is probably why he lost assuming you believe he lost

so far America has won the Death race altho Brazil is coming on strong

pretty strong showing by 2 conservatives coming in 1st and 2nd eh

You guys dont watch "border security" ? With dui you are no bueno based on how high you blow. If it was below our .08 youre ok to enter. Above , go back home.

Also @altaS it was mentioned in the threadcabout some nurse showing up at a kids b day party and distributing the excess vaxes she had. Mass. has said they dodnt keep a lot of the vax records or dont/didnt have a system in place to register the shots online. Until weakbased shows up and says the msm lied im going with that mass. Story as legit

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    It makes me chuckle to see that only conservative politicians get lambasted by the left wing media for failing to keep the coronavirus out of their borders. Lots of examples of progressive world leaders and countries that didn't fare any better, but for some reason it remains a closed minded persons talking point.
    You are correct
    New York State 53,000 deaths
    Is that Trumps fault, or Cuomos?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    You are correct
    both
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

no need to let people in just cuz they want to come
    True, but I'm not sure how much sense keeping people out because of who our president was last year makes much sense, either.

OK so name the examples ?

Nobody is keeping Covid out at this point but Canada wants to get 2 shots into 75% of the population

Trump failed to do anything but lie to the American public,

which is probably why he lost assuming you believe he lost

so far America has won the Death race altho Brazil is coming on strong

pretty strong showing by 2 conservatives coming in 1st and 2nd eh
    You literally have 150+ countries to choose from...

Will you fellow canucks please teach this man a simple lesson in statistics, and more importantly how to read and interpret a data set. All i got out him is that he can count from 1-n.

Death Race LOLOL. Number of deaths relative to population is the metric you are looking for, but based on your earlier responses you like to just count.

I love how people are throwing around this arbitrary 75% number now fed to you by the Canadian gov't and media.

We don't know what percentage we need for herd immunity yet. Herd immunity can be reached anywhere from 75%-95% based on the R-naught value of the virus in question. We do know this this virus is more contagious than other known viruses which would indicate a higher percentage needed than your magical 75% number (closer to 95% needed like measles which has an r value of 12-18). Add in breakthrough cases after vaccination, and the magic 75% percent number is still closer to 65%. Again. Statistics. Science.

Be prepared to close the borders for a LONNNG time because this virus and the eventual variants aren't going away any time soon.
    Last edited by Asspen; 07-14-2021 at 02:49 PM. Reason: wrong percentages for measles

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Says Mr. Magahat.
    Trump failed miserably with regard to Covid. Miserably. Nothing you say, or anything any progressive leaders did, will change that fact. Stop playing 'whatabout'.

75 million people listened to him, there are probably more people in America who didnt vax on political principle than there are in Canada

So here we got 45 pages of

let us in ?

no you suck

we don't really ?

yeah you do so we are going to get 75% of our country vaccinated before you get let in and if you aren't vaxed it will be a long time more than that

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    You are correct
    Well since the majority of those were the result of all the people flying into JFK, La Guardia, etc. before Trump did anything about international travelers, I'm going with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    You guys dont watch "border security" ? With dui you are no bueno based on how high you blow. If it was below our .08 youre ok to enter. Above , go back home.

Also @altaS it was mentioned in the threadcabout some nurse showing up at a kids b day party and distributing the excess vaxes she had. Mass. has said they dodnt keep a lot of the vax records or dont/didnt have a system in place to register the shots online. Until weakbased shows up and says the msm lied im going with that mass. Story as legit

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    I blew a .20. It was a while ago and my penalty satisfied their requirements. The DUI in my case was not the problem. It was the numerous small infractions that he was unable to see if I had met their criteria for punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Many Canadians are also kinda giving the USA a time-out anyway for the last 4 years of bullshit so lots of us aren't in any hurry to head south. Some are, of course, but many aren't.
    Sorry, but I call BS. There were significantly more Canadians visiting the US (than vice versa) before CoVid, and I don't believe for a second that will change once the border opens again.

I think the real problem is that DUI is technicaly a criminal offense according to Canadian law, if littering was a criminal offence you wouldn't get in either

when you deal with CBSA you are dealing with a federal civil servant, I briefly worked for the feds dealing with all of them IME you don't want to need to deal with these people

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Sorry, but I call BS. There were significantly more Canadians visiting the US (than vice versa) before CoVid, and I don't believe for a second that will change once the border opens again.
    a lot of people work on one side live on the other side, whole bunch of medical types, I do wonder what they have been doing for work ?

I had a boss who visited/ crossed 225 times a year

and i think most of those are back east where there is no skiing