Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    was hoping whis alpine would crack today but it nuked instead. got 3 pretty ridiculous spankys laps, 2 in standard whis vis using the force but still amazing.

bets on whis alpine cracking tomorrow or wed?

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    was hoping whis alpine would crack today but it nuked instead. got 3 pretty ridiculous spankys laps, 2 in standard whis vis using the force but still amazing.

bets on whis alpine cracking tomorrow or wed?
    11am(?) if the storm stays on track

Won’t open if it comes an hr or 2 early

They’ll really wanna get some skier compaction on it

Hope it stays closed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

booking wed then. thx clownshoe!

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Harmony will almost certainly happen tomorrow. Peak unlikely with the timing of the next storm. There’s essentially no hazard marking left up there after this last storm, and we won’t be able to revive it all before the next wave of wind and snow.

Almost got Harmony today but ski cutting in Harvey’s /Robertsons at the end of control work was putting 6 foot deep piles of debris on Burnt Stew, so we pulled back. Bummer. We hustled all day to try and make it happen but it wasn’t in the cards.

Tree skiing is all time right now.
    Big respect dude! We know you guys hustle up there and appreciate it. Wednesday looks like a decent day weather wise hopefully Harmony is in the cards then as well, deep ass Robertson’s laps are some of my fave skiing on the mountains.

Was listening in on the radio in the Harmony line and it sounded like it was mostly just storm snow moving so when they pulled the plug saying it was instability at tree line I figured it must have been something weird in Robertsons.

Was pretty bummed after waiting in line for Harmony for 2+ hours but the day was totally redeemed by 2 insanely deep runs down the gun barrels. Not a lot of turning, not a lot of seeing. Some of the deepest "turns" I have had in long while.

Spanky's was very lonely today. Could get used to 3 people in Ruby Bowl at the time social distancing protocols

With Van Ski & Board closed, where are the good places for grind & tune in greater Van area?

And by good I mean not by store hype and not by cheery front staff, but by the guys actually doing the work, not some kid who a few months ago was waiting tables or selling phone plans. Thanky

How was Harmony skiing today?

deep, but tough conditions. didn't see many people dropping into the horseshoes at all since vis and wind was terrible. most people skied the ridge into boomer/gun barrels it seemed. serious wind loading on the horseshoes though, and some shooting cracks and small slabs letting loose. surprised they opened at all. robertson's/harvey's side of the ridge had some wind effect, but still deep.

Quote Originally Posted by KevLar View Post
    With Van Ski & Board closed, where are the good places for grind & tune in greater Van area?

And by good I mean not by store hype and not by cheery front staff, but by the guys actually doing the work, not some kid who a few months ago was waiting tables or selling phone plans. Thanky
    I recently had good results at Crystal Glide in North Van, but I also didn't bring them a complicated job.

So another 20cm forecasted tonight. Hoping that doesn't lower the probability of peak opening tomorrow

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Quote Originally Posted by jt520814 View Post
    deep, but tough conditions. didn't see many people dropping into the horseshoes at all since vis and wind was terrible. most people skied the ridge into boomer/gun barrels it seemed. serious wind loading on the horseshoes though, and some shooting cracks and small slabs letting loose. surprised they opened at all. robertson's/harvey's side of the ridge had some wind effect, but still deep.
    Thanks. Sounds like a good storm day up there... always good stuff in the trees.

Is there a gondolas single line for village gondola? Had read they put two separate singles on there and Blackcomb, versus single gets own cabin at creekside? Feel like the village line should move a bit faster if that’s the case, for the Whistler side.

I used to go to Crystal Glide exclusively, always good quality work... last two years went to Vancouver Ski & Board cuz it’s <5 min from my house, good work as well... probably back to Crystal for my annual tune and major repairs. Don’t trust Comor, too much turnover and don’t think the smaller shops like Westside have Montana’s.

Man when peak chair finally cracks i hope somebody's filming from the lineup...

So another 20cm forecasted tonight. Hoping that doesn't lower the probability of peak opening tomorrow
    As I can't get up until Thursday morning, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for late clearing tomorrow and another closed day....

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    As I can't get up until Thursday morning, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for late clearing tomorrow and another closed day....
    haha i have many friends in the same boat. it's a weird feeling wanting the snow to stop

The loss of Fresh Tracks this season has got to affect morning lineups on powder days. I wonder if there's been any thought of resurrecting it, just without the breakfast part? Charge an extra $20 and let people up an hour early.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The loss of Fresh Tracks this season has got to affect morning lineups on powder days. I wonder if there's been any thought of resurrecting it, just without the breakfast part? Charge an extra $20 and let people up an hour early.
    Shhhhhhh, the best part of this whole thing is that if you have been lined up since 6:45 to be one of the first up, it isn’t already skied out. Want to make people really unhappy? Take that away.

haha i have many friends in the same boat. it's a weird feeling wanting the snow to stop
    It's the La Nina game - all about judging the storms and when things open. Last time I remember a season with that sort of approach it was 10/11 iirr.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Shhhhhhh, the best part of this whole thing is that if you have been lined up since 6:45 to be one of the first up, it isn’t already skied out. Want to make people really unhappy? Take that away.
    I suppose what it would accomplish is people would need to get in line even earlier AND pay for the privilege. I think it would definitely help reduce the morning lineups, though.

cancel freshtracks breakfast forever!

Chatter about 2-3m crowns on Flute shoulder. Still bombing at 12:45... heli had to do a low pass over base of harmony earlier due to bad vis... weather finally clearing but seems like tomorrow is the day for Peak (maybe).

Sweet little day on blackcomb today. That squall that moved in and dumped a few more fresh cm while we waiting for GC to crack made the overnight snow even dreamier.

Sooo nice to have the Xmas insanity behind us. Still gotta line up early for pow days tho. 6:30 or else.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Sweet little day on blackcomb today. That squall that moved in and dumped a few more fresh cm while we waiting for GC to crack made the overnight snow even dreamier.

Sooo nice to have the Xmas insanity behind us. Still gotta line up early for pow days tho. 6:30 or else.
    8cms new. WInd transport doubled that. Acceptable. Keep the zombies out and close the borders 4evah

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00007.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	356663

Name:	DSC00019.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	356664

Name:	DSC00025.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	356665

Name:	DSC00029.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	356666

Gambled and lost waiting in 30 min lines on Garbo and red for peak to open all day. Got a couple late afternoon tracked spankys laps as consolation. Hopefully it opens for some of you tomorrow. Take pics

Harmony finally opened a bit after 1... awesome snow in the trees. Bit wind effected at the top.. thanks patrol for getting it. Might need to become a Blackcomb guy though.

Terrible iPhone pic of Flute shoulder/pigs fancy fracture from far away

Name:	IMG_6319.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	356709