Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Nah, this material was nothing like what you would find in a normal shirt, even a rayon shirt. It’s more like a gauze bandage where you can see through it and literally count the threads. It think they must get this fabric custom made for scams, as I can’t think of a good use for it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Nah, this material was nothing like what you would find in a normal shirt, even a rayon shirt. It’s more like a gauze bandage where you can see through it and literally count the threads. It think they must get this fabric custom made for scams, as I can’t think of a good use for it otherwise.
    Covid mask?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I ordered a bass amp for my son in May using PayPal and it was never delivered. The tracking number was dodgy. I emailed the seller several times using the contact on PayPal and the seller's website and got no response. I filed a dispute and was promptly refunded my money. It worked for me.

Same here...parts from China, no-show after 3 months. Dispute was easy.

the guy at Guitar Center customer service gave me a sweet discount on the same amp AFTER I tried to buy direct from Fender and FedEx fucked up the shipping

fuck FedEx - fuck them in the fucking ass (sounds like a great thread title.....oh wait, we got that

anyway, I can highly recommend a Fender Rumble 100 bass amp for an acoustic electric bass
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    the guy at Guitar Center customer service gave me a sweet discount on the same amp AFTER I tried to buy direct from Fender and FedEx fucked up the shipping

fuck FedEx - fuck them in the fucking ass (sounds like a great thread title.....oh wait, we got that

anyway, I can highly recommend a Fender Rumble 100 bass amp for an acoustic electric bass
    Back when I used to follow the guitar forums I saw a video of a Fedex guy throwing an amp over a 6 foot fence.

PSA/Scams - PAYPAL IS WORTHLESS

Update:

So I disputed with my CC.

Paypal provided a form where they claim it was delivered to my address. Fraud?

I know because UPS confirmed that this package was not addressed to me.

A receipt from UPS shows a different name and address (but in my town so paypal accepts that).

But they send a form to my CC claiming to show that it was delivered to my address.
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 10-28-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Has your CC bank closed the case or are they still investigating? If it's closed you might as well refer to the state Attorney General accusing Pay Pal of fraud. It won't do you any good personally but might put the screws to Pay Pal a little. And be sure and let Paypal know you're doing it and accusing them of fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Has your CC bank closed the case or are they still investigating? If it's closed you might as well refer to the state Attorney General accusing Pay Pal of fraud. It won't do you any good personally but might put the screws to Pay Pal a little. And be sure and let Paypal know you're doing it and accusing them of fraud.
    Update.

I kept calling UPS and explaining that I had been scammed with a UPS tracking number and finally got someone who was willing to email the tracking details showing that number for a package to a different person and address. Sent to CC company

Haven’t heard from them or Paypal in the two weeks since...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    I'm pretty sure some cats from eBay tried to scam me but I'm not sure how. I had a few items listed and started getting offers above my asking price with messages like, "Please kindly can you text me on my telephone number xxx-xxx-xxxx. I am want to buy your item but have request. I will use PayPal as eBay strictly recommends for transactions. Thank you kindly and may I ask that you please kindly text me." The first one didn't have broken english like above example and said something like, "Hey, I am a Marine currently stationed in Japan. My cousin's birthday is coming up and I'd like for you to ship the item to him rather than my address. I offered extra for any inconvenience." Then he gave me his number and asked me to text him. Not gonna lie, it all seemed pretty legit but I did look up the area code which was from AZ. I texted him and he asked for my PayPal so he could pay me. I gave it to him. Before he sent the money, he asked if I could buy his cousin a $500 Nordstrom gift card to go along with the gift. He said he'd give me an extra $75 for the trouble. So we are up to like $750 bucks that this cat is gonna transfer me all on blind trust. It just didn't make any sense. At that point, I said fuck this and tried calling the number. No answer, of course. I looked up the seller's address provided through eBay which showed an empty lot in Shreveport, Louisiana. The thing is, I still don't understand how he was going to scam me. He was the one supposedly transferring me money so how does that work? Anyone got any ideas?
    So many things are red flags and scamming about this. First the original package being sent to a non-confirmed address (the cousin's) would make for a hard time to win any dispute with Paypal that the buyer would immediately file and you would be dinged for the funds out of your Paypal account. The texting and not messaging via a Ebay messages (so Ebay can see the discussions when there is a filed dispute) is a second flag as to not being worth the time and effort no matter what the bonus pay offered as a carrot to complete the deal. Then once you receive the money, go purchase a Nordstorm gift card (or any gift card) and send it off, that card is like cash. But you receive the charge back and are now out the original merchandise and all the funds you spent that are now denied by Paypal and ebay because the original deal was for an auction or buy it now merchandise and they know nothing of the gift card scam...) Surprised they did not want to have some money returned to them over and above the ebay deal also...

Up yours Paypal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2077.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	350215

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums