fischer traverse CS carbon sole

Those boots might not be very common in the us but here in austria they are everywhere.
    there is only one blister review and it sounds okish.

they fit my foot very well so i am eyeballing with them.
    i will get custom footbeds and a lil shim

the f1 are a lil to tight on top : ( and my mtn lab dont really fit

how much ski can i drive in them? they feel relatively soft on the carpet.
    LIVE IS NOT A CHAIRLIFT

There are comments on these brief in various threads that a Travers search should pull up.
    I have a pair I'm currently carpet testing. So far my thoughts are that the flex is really progressive. It starts off soft and firms up nicely. This is something I personally like. I don't like stiff boots though so YMMV.

The other unique thing is the instep/dorsal room. I have a very high instep that is a major problem in any boot I have ever tried. I almost won't have to modify the boot for it. I think a heat mold may take care of this area. The other is the toe box height. It is really generous which I think is a plus and the boot will be really warm.

~1500g ish imo.

Mall Walker has hundreds of thousands more vert touring in those than I do, so I’d trust his judgement.

But I skied my Travers CS with TourWraps on my Vision 98 179cm (1450gm) and my Atomic BC 120s 184cm (1820 gm) a bunch last season. The boots are pretty soft in the forward flex and require a more centered and balanced stance than my Hawx XTD 130s. But they fit my foot better overall and I ended up skiing them for the majority of my touring days last winter.

^ yeah I should say, I certainly skied heavier skis on them, but felt it was suboptimal outside of perfect conditions. If I were buying that boot to ski with a ski, that ski would be 1500g ish, or less. it gets hard to push around more ski in bad conditions - in good conditions, of course much more is possible

eta: I have well over 500k' climbed/skied in mine, mostly on skis in the ~1200-1300g range, which was the sweet spot imo. I love the boots, incredible fit and walk, I just like the ZGTPs more as I can ski way harder in them, and they walk very well for what they are.

I still have the Travers and probably will keep them for racing and occasional huge days.
    Last edited by mall walker; 09-26-2020 at 04:30 PM.

thanks for the info... seals the deal
    LIVE IS NOT A CHAIRLIFT

had the CC or how that was called and because of the call-back will be on the CS next winter. I assume they are very similar and can only confirm: they are made for the uphill. Cuff is really short and everything really soft. But for alpine missions they are a blast for me because of fit and weight and they are super nice to walk in (also when carrying skis and scrambling).

do you have more precise questions? I am happy to elaborate further.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    had the CC or how that was called and because of the call-back will be on the CS next winter. I assume they are very similar and can only confirm: they are made for the uphill. Cuff is really short and everything really soft.
    I totally agree that the forward flex is soft. Maybe 100ish with TourWraps added to stiffen them up.

But the Travers cuff is actually not short. Total cuff height on the backside of the boot is within 1-2mm of my Atomic Hawx XTD 130s. With this cuff height and a secure locking mechanism on the walk mode, I think the rearward support of the Travers CS is actually quite good.

First time skiing such a light boot. This was straight out of the box.

I skied them in suboptimal conditions and 0G 108
    In good vis and okish snow they were fine. in fog and shit-snow i have to get used to the less support, but manageable.
    Do you guys use the laces. i did not for now.

They walk very easy. I need more hours on them.
    LIVE IS NOT A CHAIRLIFT

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    I totally agree that the forward flex is soft. Maybe 100ish with TourWraps added to stiffen them up.

But the Travers cuff is actually not short. Total cuff height on the backside of the boot is within 1-2mm of my Atomic Hawx XTD 130s. With this cuff height and a secure locking mechanism on the walk mode, I think the rearward support of the Travers CS is actually quite good.
    I feel I tis rather short in the front. This somehow disturbed me and other boots felt much longer when carpet testing (alien RS a lot, sportive syntron still felt higher at the shin)

Maybe this is not reflected in the measurements because this also has to do with the liner... just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    First time skiing such a light boot. This was straight out of the box.

I skied them in suboptimal conditions and 0G 108
    In good vis and okish snow they were fine. in fog and shit-snow i have to get used to the less support, but manageable.
    Do you guys use the laces. i did not for now.

They walk very easy. I need more hours on them.
    I used the laces once or twice but they made no performance impact I could discern and were just sort of annoying, I removed them pretty quick

Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    I feel I tis rather short in the front. This somehow disturbed me and other boots felt much longer when carpet testing (alien RS a lot, sportive syntron still felt higher at the shin)

Maybe this is not reflected in the measurements because this also has to do with the liner... just my 2 cents
    Yeah, totally agree about the feel of the front of the boot with the stock liner. There is not much cuff or liner material on the upper half of the front of the boot.

TourWraps help improve the stiffness and support of the forward flex, at the expense of increasing the resistance through the ROM in walk mode when compared to the stock liner.

Still considering adding an XL Voile strap to the back of the Travers cuff at the very top, to act as an additional buckle at the top of the liner in the front. I run all my alpine boots with a Booster strap in the same manner, feel like it reduces the slop factor around my skinny calves and gives more instant engagement with the forward flex.

thanks, nice suggestions. I think I will swap liners, too... or have a go with some plastic glued to the tongue of the stock liner.

Also consider the Sportiva Skorpius. I'd prolly buy the new F1 if I could fit it, but the Skorpius is pretty sick. Little heavier than the 1kg mark I was aiming for (Travers, F1, etc) but walks much better than the Zero G TP.

PS. If the F1 are a "lil too tight on top" I would try them with a tour wrap liner first -- the wrap has helped me avoid problems in the instep region compared to most stock liners. But fair warning -- I haven't toured in one yet.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 09-29-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Tour wrap liner kills the tourability in a boot like this. You might as well just buy a stiffer boot. Pro tour tongue style liner tours much better

Good to know -- I haven't actually toured in a tour wrap. Just the pro tour and regular powerwrap. Apologies for recommending gear I haven't personally used.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 09-29-2020 at 03:21 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Tour wrap liner kills the tourability in a boot like this. You might as well just buy a stiffer boot. Pro tour tongue style liner tours much better
    Good point, but if the shell is in great shape, why not swap in the tour wrap and add a bit of stiffness? I did this with the old Dynafit ZZerro's and the fore/aft range was lessened somewhat, but the added stiffness was worth it. I never have flat sections on my tours so YMMV.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    why not swap in the tour wrap and add a bit of stiffness?
    If you're buying a 1 kg touring boot, you prolly want as frictionless a stride as possible...

But then again, people put Kingpins on Zero G 95s, so to each his own, I guess.

photos

yeah imo the whole deal with the Travers is the walk mode. if you can tolerate a stiffer walk mode get a ZGTP (which is really not much worse a walk mode fully unbuckled) and also have a hard charging boot. thatís what I did anyway lol