Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2495
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I mean....as a lifelong Steeler's fan...this is a great day. $230MM GUARANTEED over 5 years....3 first round picks, 2 thirds and the guy might miss half of the next season due to suspensions.

When blowing a first round pick on a QB every 4 years isn't enough....trade the next 3 and spend 25% of your cap on one guy. Only in Cleveland! This is going to be fun to watch...
    Holy shit what an awful move by the Browns.

In a shock to absolutely no one, the NFL revealed yesterday that their independent investigation into Hue Jackson's claims that the Browns were tanking and that he had evidence thereof, revealed that such claims were "unsubstantiated".

Go away already Hue. 3-36-1

https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/spo...nsubstantiated
    I still call it The Jake.

While this thread is back on the front page, can you tell me what the plan is for Baker?

Is it now wait for some team with starting QB injury in week 1 to call in desperation?
    Was he that untradeable prior to this draft, 'cause now you're getting 2023+ draft picks. I don't get it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Maybe the commercials this year are going to be Baker cashing fat checks while going fishing on Sundays, boning Emily, day drinking, and saying fuck it to a regular 9-5 job.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    In a shock to absolutely no one, the NFL revealed yesterday that their independent investigation into Hue Jackson's claims that the Browns were tanking and that he had evidence thereof, revealed that such claims were "unsubstantiated".

Go away already Hue. 3-36-1

https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/spo...nsubstantiated
    BREAKING NEWS: Cleveland Browns fan believes what the NFL and the Cleveland Browns say.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Maybe the commercials this year are going to be Baker cashing fat checks while going fishing on Sundays, boning Emily, day drinking, and saying fuck it to a regular 9-5 job.
    So, besides the Emily part, he basically becomes Johnny Manziel?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    But Baker would be likeable.

While this thread is back on the front page, can you tell me what the plan is for Baker?

Is it now wait for some team with starting QB injury in week 1 to call in desperation?
    Was he that untradeable prior to this draft, 'cause now you're getting 2023+ draft picks. I don't get it.
    I think that’s the plan. How $18M is too much for any of these QB-starved teams is beyond me. Come end of training Camp if he’s still a Brown (they’re not going to cut him) I’ll be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Cleveland Browns fan believes what the NFL and the Cleveland Browns say.
    But they seem like such trustworthy guys.

I’m not sure if Baker has the coke habit necessary to take that next step like Johnny did.

If Progressive doesn’t capitalize on this and make it some kind of “Baker’s moving and needs new insurance campaign” then they are missing out on a golden opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    But Baker would be likeable.
    Likeable by who? Has any teammate stuck up for him ?
    Granted, definitely more likeable than Johnny football.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    Likeable by who? Has any teammate stuck up for him ?
    Granted, definitely more likeable than Johnny football.
    Not likeable by me, the down-horning quisling. How anyone who played football on the west side of Austin could defect to the North side of the Red River is beyond comprehension.

The state of Texas should pass a law that any Texas high school football player that elects to play college ball out of state needs to pay a sizable portion of their NIL to the state of Texas as an excise tax.

They have the cap space so no reason to move quickly. They are just sticking Baker in a corner till they get what they think is the highest combination of money and draft pick they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    They have the cap space so no reason to move quickly. They are just sticking Baker in a corner till they get what they think is the highest combination of money and draft pick they can get.
    Yep, Andrew Berry was just on the sports talk station I’m streaming and while he didn’t say that verbatim, he said that.

You telling me between now and the trade deadline, someone out there would rather roll with whatever broke down journeyman QB is available on waivers or a practice squad, or some rookie who will get destroyed, over a guy who still managed to win 8 games with a broken arm and shoulder who also won 11 games and a road playoff game the year before?

Yeah, no.

Yeah, they will move him as soon as the first starting QB goes down with an injury.

Upset you never got an opportunity to throw D-cells in anger from the Dawg Pound?

Well, now's your chance to do the next best thing, hit golf balls out of there:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...is-summer.html

If, in the most Browns-move of all time, they decide that it's a good idea to keep Baker on the roster to back up Deshawn, then HBO better pack up the Hard Knocks crew right now and get to Berea.

Must-see TV.

Yep, Andrew Berry was just on the sports talk station I’m streaming and while he didn’t say that verbatim, he said that.

You telling me between now and the trade deadline, someone out there would rather roll with whatever broke down journeyman QB is available on waivers or a practice squad, or some rookie who will get destroyed, over a guy who still managed to win 8 games with a broken arm and shoulder who also won 11 games and a road playoff game the year before?

Yeah, no.
    Trade deadline? That would be some SERIOUS dysfunction if they're waiting until the trade deadline. You're not bringing that guy to training camp, or at least you shouldn't be, let alone carrying him through a number of regular season games.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Trade deadline? That would be some SERIOUS dysfunction if they're waiting until the trade deadline. You're not bringing that guy to training camp, or at least you shouldn't be, let alone carrying him through a number of regular season games.
    That's the outside date Danno, my assumption is he's gone by the end of training camp when some rookie dolt rolls up on a team's QB1 breaking his ACL.

OR

The Browns decide ol' Horse Face up there has a point and they bring him in while Deshawn works through his issues. Hilarity ensues.

That's the outside date Danno, my assumption is he's gone by the end of training camp when some rookie dolt rolls up on a team's QB1 breaking his ACL.

OR

The Browns decide ol' Horse Face up there has a point and they bring him in while Deshawn works through his issues. Hilarity ensues.
    Either way...

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Either way...

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!
    I've re-upped my Costco membership for popcorn and booze alone this season.

Clowney re-signs with the Browns.

https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/spo...ning-to-browns

Good news for a D line that is untested outside of Myles Garrett and newly-drafted 15-yard penalty in waiting Perrion Winfrey.

Can HBO just sign the Browns to a 5 yr deal on Hard Knocks? I'd watch it 5 yrs in a row.

Can HBO just sign the Browns to a 5 yr deal on Hard Knocks? I'd watch it 5 yrs in a row.
    It would really be the most sensible thing to do. Zero effort on the part of the HBO producers too - it writes itself.

They could have a separate crew for Baker and everything.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the man awarded by the Cleveland Browns with the largest guaranteed salary in the history of football :
    https://twitter.com/kalynkahler/stat...Ur2FHTXl2LIGmw

This came up in the 23rd lawsuit:

Houston spa owner recently testified that Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson gave her $5,000, and the reason for it was simply because “he’s a nice person,” according to a deposition transcript obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

The spa owner, Dionne Louis, facilitated massages for Watson and helped provide him with women, according to a new lawsuit filed Tuesday against Watson. And now that payment – and why he gave it to her – have come under new scrutiny as Watson faces lawsuits from 23 women who accuse him of sexual misconduct during massage sessions from early 2020 to March 2021.

At least three of the 23 plaintiffs worked for Louis or were otherwise associated with her, according to court records. Louis, who owns “A New U Salon Spa” in Houston, described one of those three plaintiffs as her cousin, a woman who accused Watson of trying to force her to perform oral sex in 2020. Watson, 26, has denied wrongdoing but could be suspended by the NFL if he is found to have violated the league’s personal conduct policy.
    Fuck this guy. I hope he never plays another snap, and for their part in this massive fuckup, I welcome the Browns expedient return to dumpster fire status.