Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    I know trying to be funny but is Jefferson as in the President now a bad person? What about people who share a last name with a CSA general? My W shares a last name with a CSA Major Gen.
    My name is Robert Lee. Different middle initial, but you can put me on ignore now.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Can we get rid of the goddamn Buckeyes while we're at it? Not the name, the whole damn team, all of them. Thank you.
    Seconded.

could be for Jefferson Davis or T Jefferson, T Jefferson was a southern guy and a states rights small |Federal gov't

Ok looked it up and.... Sessions, his father, and his grandfather were named after Jefferson Davis, a U.S. senator and president of the Confederate States of America, and P. G. T. Beauregard, a veteran of the Mexican-American War and a Confederate general who oversaw the Battle of Fort Sumter that commenced the American Civil War.

His family is really invested in the whole CSA and maybe lost cause.
    So yer sayin' Tuberville is a good guy???

Can we get rid of the goddamn Buckeyes while we're at it? Not the name, the whole damn team, all of them. Thank you.
    Now there's something we can agree on. They offend many. #cancelohiostate

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Ok, Redskins are out, on to The Indians.

Oh, and #cancelhamilton is probably my favorite moment this protest season.
    As someone on Twitter responded to Lin-Manuel Miranda's comment that it is" An imperfect play about an imperfect man", " Nope, sorry. Not in 2020. No matter who you are, the WOKE mob comes for you eventually."
    Just how many people supported it? Less than 400 people signed the petition. There are millions who think the earth is flat. You fell for the conservative outrage-tainment message.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/reason....amilton/%3famp

Everything and everyone must be torn down, also you are not allowed to re use any of your 3700 previous pass words.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    My name is Robert Lee. Different middle initial, but you can put me on ignore now.
    your point? Its just problematic to attack given names as firstly your parents gave them to you and secondly what really is the reason why that name was chosen ? Is it Jefferson Davis or T jefferson? Is it Robert E Lee or parents were big fans of the Princess Bride so from Dread Pirate Roberts or drunk Uncle Rob? With Sessions its pretty clear and if he continued with naming his son Jefferson that would be pretty bad.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

your point? Its just problematic to attack given names as firstly your parents gave them to you and secondly what really is the reason why that name was chosen ? Is it Jefferson Davis or T jefferson? Is it Robert E Lee or parents were big fans of the Princess Bride so from Dread Pirate Roberts or drunk Uncle Rob? With Sessions its pretty clear and if he continued with naming his son Jefferson that would be pretty bad.
    Dude, I agree with you. I was just kind of confirming your point about naming, trying to be funny.

I shoulda known a Canadian would be all serious as shit though.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Just how many people supported it? Less than 400 people signed the petition. There are millions who think the earth is flat. You fell for the conservative outrage-tainment message.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/reason....amilton/%3famp
    I fell for it? The fact that it exists at all is humorous. They are now trying to get the Rangers to change their name because of the ties to law enforcement. Is that fake too? I can't keep up.

Still waiting for the Indians to announce. Damn shame too. They were named to honor an amazing American Indian athlete.

Huh, the Indians were named the Blues, Broncos, Naps and Molly MacGuires before they were the Indians. Maybe they should be the Sockalexis or the Spiders. Anyway, it’s pretty obvious, as long as the name isn’t racist, it doesn’t really matter.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I fell for it? The fact that it exists at all is humorous. They are now trying to get the Rangers to change their name because of the ties to law enforcement. Is that fake too? I can't keep up.

Still waiting for the Indians to announce. Damn shame too. They were named to honor an amazing American Indian athlete.
    How much of it is Russian or RNC astroturfing? Half the antimask Twitter is Russian. Laugh at idiotic outgrowths.

Name:  tee.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  180.0 KB
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Dude, I agree with you. I was just kind of confirming your point about naming, trying to be funny.

I shoulda known a Canadian would be all serious as shit though.
    Sorry the level of rhetoric in this thread is generally high so I was a bit confused on meaning of ignore thingie. Anyway I'm getting more in favour of the taking down not that the statues are in my country, but we do have the issue white guy statues that in some way abused Indians. But I would have to say that the removers arguments are pretty poor. Just saying that they were traitors shows a pretty weak understanding of the history. Just yelling over and over that their racist doesn't mean that they are . Of course they are a bit racist in that of a guy who fought for the retention of slavery. Who put them up and they other things that that group did makes them worthy of being taken down. At some point its going to get silly and the support will dry up. Washington, T Jefferson, St Louis etc those seem like a stretch. Do the CSA generals esp the ones who were assholes.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

I fell for it? The fact that it exists at all is humorous.
    Are you new to the internet? There are far more outrageous things than this that get way more than 400 signatures.

Were you as humored when 20% of Trump’s South Carolina primarysupporters disagreed with the executive order to end slavery? Or when almost 40% of them said they think whites are a superior race?

Which of these things do you think are more dangerous to society, people wanting to cancel Hamilton or people who believe black people are inferior?

Re the Texas Rangers, from Wikipedia--
    Despite the fame of their deeds, the conduct of the Rangers during this period was illegally excessive. In particular, Leander H. McNelly and his men used ruthless methods that often rivaled the brutality of their opponents, such as taking part in summary executions and confessions induced by torture and intimidation.[20]

Capt. Monroe Fox and two other Rangers on horseback with their lariats around the bodies of dead Mexicans, after the Norias Ranch Raid August 8, 1915
    The Rangers next saw serious action at the summit of William Howard Taft and President Porfirio Díaz in 1909, preventing an assassination of both presidents, and during the subsequent Mexican Revolution.[21][22] The breakdown of law and order on the Mexican side of the border, coupled with the lack of federal military forces, meant the Rangers were once again called upon to restore and maintain law and order, by any necessary means, which again led to excesses. However, the situation necessitated the appointment of hundreds of new special Rangers by the state, which neglected to carefully screen aspiring members. The Rangers were responsible for several incidents, ending in the January 28, 1918 massacre of the male population[23] (15 Mexican men and boys ranging in age from 16 to 72 years) of the tiny community of Porvenir, Texas, on the Mexican border in western Presidio County. Before the decade was over, thousands of lives were lost, Texans and Mexicans alike. In January 1919, an investigation launched by Texas lawmaker José Tomás Canales found that from 300 to 5,000 people, mostly of Hispanic descent, had been killed by Rangers from 1910 to 1919, and that members of the Rangers had been involved in many acts of brutality and injustice.[24] The Rangers were reformed by a resolution of the Legislature in 1919, which saw the special Ranger groups disbanded and a complaints system instituted.[25]

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Are you new to the internet? There are far more outrageous things than this that get way more than 400 signatures.

Were you as humored when 20% of Trump’s South Carolina primarysupporters disagreed with the executive order to end slavery? Or when almost 40% of them said they think whites are a superior race?

Which of these things do you think are more dangerous to society, people wanting to cancel Hamilton or people who believe black people are inferior?
    What is your source for that being specific to South Carolina? What I found on a quick google was with no geographic specificity. In other words, it was all Trump voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    In other words, it was all Trump voters.
    Well that's a relief

Someone told me they are going to re name Squaw Valley now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Re the Texas Rangers, from Wikipedia--
    Despite the fame of their deeds, the conduct of the Rangers during this period was illegally excessive. In particular, Leander H. McNelly and his men used ruthless methods that often rivaled the brutality of their opponents, such as taking part in summary executions and confessions induced by torture and intimidation.[20]

Capt. Monroe Fox and two other Rangers on horseback with their lariats around the bodies of dead Mexicans, after the Norias Ranch Raid August 8, 1915
    The Rangers next saw serious action at the summit of William Howard Taft and President Porfirio Díaz in 1909, preventing an assassination of both presidents, and during the subsequent Mexican Revolution.[21][22] The breakdown of law and order on the Mexican side of the border, coupled with the lack of federal military forces, meant the Rangers were once again called upon to restore and maintain law and order, by any necessary means, which again led to excesses. However, the situation necessitated the appointment of hundreds of new special Rangers by the state, which neglected to carefully screen aspiring members. The Rangers were responsible for several incidents, ending in the January 28, 1918 massacre of the male population[23] (15 Mexican men and boys ranging in age from 16 to 72 years) of the tiny community of Porvenir, Texas, on the Mexican border in western Presidio County. Before the decade was over, thousands of lives were lost, Texans and Mexicans alike. In January 1919, an investigation launched by Texas lawmaker José Tomás Canales found that from 300 to 5,000 people, mostly of Hispanic descent, had been killed by Rangers from 1910 to 1919, and that members of the Rangers had been involved in many acts of brutality and injustice.[24] The Rangers were reformed by a resolution of the Legislature in 1919, which saw the special Ranger groups disbanded and a complaints system instituted.[25]
    well reading that, I obviously wish I were a texas ranger.

I wonder how shown it will be before army ranger is switched to something else and that ranger rick animal must be horrified at news of a group that hadn't had a bad function this century shares his name.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Someone told me they are going to re name Squaw Valley now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They announced that in late June.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    well reading that, I obviously wish I were a texas ranger.
    man, you are a racist dork.

Statue of Robert E. Lee and other confederate symbols

He can add Kill All Mexicans to his Kill All Muslims credo.

KAM = KAG

Perhaps they could make this all good by simply wearing turbans instead of helmets .......

or would that only make it worse?

As far as I can recall I have never supported the banning any member of this forum. As nasty as this place can get it also functions, at times, as a supportive, even caring community. I've see plenty of goodness in numerous community members with whom I share few political convictions. And I've met more than a few of you who are assholes online, but quite the opposite in person.

That said, I would support SkiCougar being booted. For those of you who understandably have him on "ignore," in his above post he laments missing out on the opportunity to murder Mexicans. I see no reason not to take him at his word. The only posts from SkiCougar I've noticed over the years are ones in which makes an "argument" in support of the oppression and/or murder of Black, Mexican and Muslim people. It would seem that he has grown comfortable enough that he no longer feels a need to include one of his "arguments" (which would be better described as unrelated events upon which he attempts to impose a causal relationship through the power of his racial hatred). He just wants them dead because that's who he is. It seems that he would also prefer to do the killing himself.

I neither expect nor want TGR to be a polite/woke/sensitive/ethical/safe/civilized/enlightened place. But when we come across someone who we can collectively agree the world would be better off without, I see no need to hold ourselves to a lower standard. Why not flick him away like mosquito/flea/nit/gnat he is and hope he lands somewhere a big old shit kicking boot is about to step?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    As far as I can recall I have never supported the banning any member of this forum. As nasty as this place can get it also functions, at times, as a supportive, even caring community. I've see plenty of goodness in numerous community members with whom I share few political convictions. And I've met more than a few of you who are assholes online, but quite the opposite in person.

That said, I would support SkiCougar being booted. For those of you who understandably have him on "ignore," in his above post he laments missing out on the opportunity to murder Mexicans. I see no reason not to take him at his word. The only posts from SkiCougar I've noticed over the years are ones in which makes an "argument" in support of the oppression and/or murder of Black, Mexican and Muslim people. It would seem that he has grown comfortable enough that he no longer feels a need to include one of his "arguments" (which would be better described as unrelated events upon which he attempts to impose a causal relationship through the power of his racial hatred). He just wants them dead because that's who he is. It seems that he would also prefer to do the killing himself.

I neither expect nor want TGR to be a polite/woke/sensitive/ethical/safe/civilized/enlightened place. But when we come across someone who we can collectively agree the world would be better off without, I see no need to hold ourselves to a lower standard. Why not flick him away like mosquito/flea/nit/gnat he is and hope he lands somewhere a big old shit kicking boot is about to step?
    noted. anyone else want to chime in here?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy