Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1547
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Of fucking course they used this opportunity to sneak in the DH, and they’ll keep it. Like the 14 team playoffs.

Boooooooo!
    Ya, they need to remove the DH from the AL, not add it to the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Of fucking course they used this opportunity to sneak in the DH, and they’ll keep it. Like the 14 team playoffs.

Boooooooo!
    Meh, I like the DH. No upside for the pitchers. You get pulled early, rarely get on base, increase injury potential, and if you're the pitcher who gives up a big hit to another pitcher you are forever shamed.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    MLB has their proposal for a baseball season this summer. 82 games starting in July. All games have the DH and teams will primarily play teams in their geographic area to reduce travel. Games will be played at the teams' regular stadia, but without fans. 14 team playoff (expanded from the normal 10). This plan needs to be approved by the Players' Union, though, and it seems like the major stumbling block could be salaries. MLB is proposing a 50/50 split between the owners and players.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-in-early-july

if you are going to do that, then scrap the season.

the astros are going hell yeah, most of our games in the crappy AL west and yankees, Bosox and rays are going WTF all AL east ?

the league could play as as scheduled using the grapefruit and florida mlb stadiums and cut down travel and exposure. if you cannot play the 2nd half sched as is, scrap it.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    No upside for the pitchers. You get pulled early, rarely get on base, increase injury potential, and if you're the pitcher who gives up a big hit to another pitcher you are forever shamed.
    Those are all strong arguments for NOT having DHs.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Meh, I like the DH. No upside for the pitchers. You get pulled early, rarely get on base, increase injury potential, and if you're the pitcher who gives up a big hit to another pitcher you are forever shamed.
    I'm the opposite. Hitting is part of baseball. Sorry if you only have one talent, can't hit, and are worried about injuries. You're making millions, spend some time in the weight room and cage. Your one talent better be good enough to offset sucking at 50% of the game.

MLB has their proposal for a baseball season this summer. 82 games starting in July. All games have the DH and teams will primarily play teams in their geographic area to reduce travel. Games will be played at the teams' regular stadia, but without fans. 14 team playoff (expanded from the normal 10). This plan needs to be approved by the Players' Union, though, and it seems like the major stumbling block could be salaries. MLB is proposing a 50/50 split between the owners and players.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-in-early-july
    50/50 of what?

I suppose the argument for having the DH in all games is because otherwise there'd be a potential advantage to teams that get the DH more or less due to the unbalanced schedule, but that seems like a pretty poor justification to me. I bet MLB is thinking this is their chance to capture some viewers who might otherwise not watch baseball because they consider it boring, so they're doing everything they can to make it exciting.

its like watching paint dry
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    50/50 of what?
    Revenue, sorry.

I suppose the argument for having the DH in all games is because otherwise there'd be a potential advantage to teams that get the DH more or less due to the unbalanced schedule, but that seems like a pretty poor justification to me. I bet MLB is thinking this is their chance to capture some viewers who might otherwise not watch baseball because they consider it boring, so they're doing everything they can to make it exciting.
    The best way they could do that would be shorten games to 6 innings, and settle ties with a home run contest.

Revenue, sorry.
    What revenue? No seats, no food and drinks, barely any merchandise. Only thing left is cable revenue, which is a can of worms that is just getting exposed out there. A lot of America is waking up to the fact that they're paying for sports they could care less about every month, if they have cable.

I'd like to see self pitch softball rules with homeruns as outs.

Coronavirus complaint/commiseration thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Thanks, but I look at this as an opportunity the write a really good country song.

Got a title for the song?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Listen Core Shot, I need you to hear what my podunk company you bought 1 item from 4 years ago is doing about COVID. It's very important, more than fixing our non-functional unsubscribe button you gave up on pressing 1 year ago.
    Not sure what that’s about. I have never used the ignore button.

But if it’s something serious shoot me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Ledinsky put out an awesome EP.

But this song is better and non political.

And it’s perfect for the tgr pothead crew

. . .

What revenue? No seats, no food and drinks, barely any merchandise. Only thing left is cable revenue, which is a can of worms that is just getting exposed out there. A lot of America is waking up to the fact that they're paying for sports they could care less about every month, if they have cable.
    I have a feeling the owners would be advocating for canceling the season entirely if they thought there was no money to be made from this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Wrong unit!

He’s high on the Provo scale.
    Like 8 Provos.
    Still don't get it, but FWIW his mom was born and raised in Provo.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

The landfill is more crowded than ever, Lowe’s is packed mid-day on a Tuesday. Stay home order my ass. At least the commercial supply houses have band none account holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visited Lowes on Saturday. The parking lot was jammed, and I wasn't the only one looking for a spot. Bailed. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    The landfill is more crowded than ever, Lowe’s is packed mid-day on a Tuesday. Stay home order my ass. At least the commercial supply houses have band none account holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I have a feeling the owners would be advocating for canceling the season entirely if they thought there was no money to be made from this plan.
    I was thinking that this is legal maneuvering around forced labor, sorta like the real world . Payroll is contractually obligated, right? No pandemic clause, probably. Owners lose on that shit sometimes in normal seasons. Now it's a giant money pit. So, work out something, negotiate for partial salary. If the players reject, major lawsuit after "lockdown".

My great/grand (whatever) WWII serving uncle beat the rona, at 94 y/o. Guy is invincible.

Don't think his quality of life has been too good the last few years, but it still brings a smile to my face.

I was thinking that this is legal maneuvering around forced labor, sorta like the real world . Payroll is contractually obligated, right? No pandemic clause, probably. Owners lose on that shit sometimes in normal seasons. Now it's a giant money pit. So, work out something, negotiate for partial salary. If the players reject, major lawsuit after "lockdown".
    Could be. I like to think it's in everyone's best interest to have a season in some form this summer if possible and if it can be done safely, so at least there's that...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Interesting to see how the numbers change after this weekend. Been flatlined here at 146 cases for like 8 or 9 days. I saw quite a few people "social distancing" aka playing cornhole and getting hammered in their yards with 8-10 friends/family yesterday. I'm sure I sound like some crotchety old man. Huge portion of my neighbors are still in their 20s. The idea of doing something mellow with roomates or SOs only on a sunny Satuday in May is out of the question at that age. I get it.

The other thought.......based purely on nothing but armchair mountain people tough guy science.....is that it blew through a huge portion of the population here already? Well before it was on anyone's radar and months before testing was available anywhere within 1000 miles.

Why is it that nearly everyone I know from all different types of jobs. Construction, banking, real estate, food service, etc were all really sick with the "craziest 3 week cold and dry cough they ever had" in Dec/Jan/Feb?

::::adjusts tinfoil hat:::::
    The flu was a bad one this year. That has been documented.

Perhaps those Feb cases were COVID, but not Dec.

My complaint: I started saving and returning our cans and bottles a few years ago with my son. He earns spending money crushing cans and bringing them with me to get cash. He keeps the cash.

We had a pretty solid stock when everything shut down. Now I have about $50 worth of recycling sitting in my garage. That is a big chunk of change but I can return them because recycling is non essential. Now, the State did charge me a buckle a piece on the promise they would give it back if I brought them in to a recycler. They closed the recyclers, but is still taking my money. I think it now amounts to an illegal tax that I’m considering buying an automatic weapon to match on the capital with to show I’m no sheep. I want my $50. We fought a war over this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    My complaint: I started saving and returning our cans and bottles a few years ago with my son. He earns spending money crushing cans and bringing them with me to get cash. He keeps the cash.

We had a pretty solid stock when everything shut down. Now I have about $50 worth of recycling sitting in my garage. That is a big chunk of change but I can return them because recycling is non essential. Now, the State did charge me a buckle a piece on the promise they would give it back if I brought them in to a recycler. They closed the recyclers, but is still taking my money. I think it now amounts to an illegal tax that I’m considering buying an automatic weapon to match on the capital with to show I’m no sheep. I want my $50. We fought a war over this shit.
    Hah.

Have you ever thought about moving to North Bend, WA? You would fit right in there with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    My great/grand (whatever) WWII serving uncle beat the rona, at 94 y/o. Guy is invincible.

Don't think his quality of life has been too good the last few years, but it still brings a smile to my face.
    That’s the kinda thing we should be hearing more of.
    A least get him some strippers when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be. I like to think it's in everyone's best interest to have a season in some form this summer if possible and if it can be done safely, so at least there's that...
    Well, I'm paying for one every month, so, ....