Page 619 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,475 of 41810

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    You mean people are reporting all deaths (like terminal cancer, no covid) or are reporting people who died with covid as a comorbidity?(dementia, developed covid, died)
    The talking point my idiot acquaintances have been pushing is that all deaths get listed as covid now if there is any sign of infection and don’t believe it was a contributing factor in many cases. Some go so far to say that even non infected deaths are getting listed as covid. This idea is out there - maybe from Rush idk - and getting pushed to a wide audience somehow because I’ve seen a lot of unconnected people using the same language to parrot the idea. Almost like they are cutting and pasting the boiler plate

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    But seriously, I feel like my caution level is pretty high but I really don't see a point in a mask in a boat in the middle of a lake, except for said sun protection threads.
    Even out that goggle tan...

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The talking point my idiot acquaintances have been pushing is that all deaths get listed as covid now if there is any sign of infection and don’t believe it was a contributing factor in many cases. Some go so far to say that even non infected deaths are getting listed as covid. This idea is out there - maybe from Rush idk - and getting pushed to a wide audience somehow because I’ve seen a lot of unconnected people using the same language to parrot the idea. Almost like they are cutting and pasting the boiler plate
    Russian and CCP operations are more sophisticated than the useful idiots realize.

Well it is true, even if right wing media exaggerates it.
    If you had regular flu and die of pneumonia cause of death was always pneumonia.

But I get why they choose rat flu as cause of death. This shit is evil when it hits you hard.
    Some folks get it so bad, it’s the obvious cause of death.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Bet every single American would prefer to be one of these other countries right now, even if just for the economic benefit.

Attachment 326555
    Is there a per capita version?

Faeroe islands looks impressive, but there are 52,000 people living there.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post

Apparently the salmon industry there requires test equipment that was easily adapted to covid testing and they were able to test many, quickly.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    What retail restrictions? I can get pretty much anything curbside right now. Nobody’s buying.
    There’s pretty significant anger w small mom&pop businesses I know over why they have to close their low traffic retail businesses, yet the Walmart, Target, and HD in town can stay open. They certainly have a valid point there imo. The notion that there won’t be any customers coming to buy there shit even if they were open doesn’t enter into the equation for them. Just that Walmart gets a pass and they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If you had regular flu and die of pneumonia cause of death was always pneumonia.

But I get why they choose rat flu as cause of death. This shit is evil when it hits you hard.
    Deaths are being underreported due to lack of testing and general lag on things like deaths in care homes. Not to mention R governors etc that don't want to hurt the snowflake in chief

One example that got trotted out by several unconnected people I know was they all knew someone w stage 4 cancer but the death was listed covid. As if the person that would eventually die of cancer in a month or a year or years should only have cancer on their death certificate. No seeming awareness of that a covid co-morbidity being the actual cause or a factor in hastening the death

Here's the potential for under-counting covid death in NY specifically.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 11.49.03 AM.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	533.3 KB 
ID:	326572

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    The rehab hospital on the other side of my back fence has reported an outbreak. 51 positive patients and staff.

Damn.
    I would definitely shoot any old person coming over the fence.

One example that got trotted out by several unconnected people I know was they all knew someone w stage 4 cancer but the death was listed covid. As if the person that would eventually die of cancer in a month or a year or years should only have cancer on their death certificate. No seeming awareness of that a covid co-morbidity being the actual cause or a factor in hastening the death
    Name:  thumbnail.png
Views: 1977
Size:  303.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Here's the potential for under-counting covid death in NY specifically.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 11.49.03 AM.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	533.3 KB 
ID:	326572
    Death in homes is up bigly.
    A few weeks ago new York had 200 a day, when last year they had 40 or 50.

But even those aren’t all covid.
    The ED is missing a shit ton of patients. Strokes, head bleeds, heart attacks etc.
    people are so scared they will get the covid at the hospital, they are dying at home.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post

and the weather sucks

There’s pretty significant anger w small mom&pop businesses I know over why they have to close their low traffic retail businesses, yet the Walmart, Target, and HD in town can stay open. They certainly have a valid point there imo. The notion that there won’t be any customers coming to buy there shit even if they were open doesn’t enter into the equation for them. Just that Walmart gets a pass and they don’t.
    I can totally get that frustration & anger if you are in a region where that’s the case, but it’s not a nationwide thing. There’s no coordinated response at all. Different states do different things, different corporations do different things. What is , IMO, a constant across the nation is supply chain disruption, demand changes, and logistics hurdles.

Ask your wife if, when someone dies of pneumonia from the regular flu, the death certificate only says "pneumonia" and never mentions "from influenza" on it

First Costco trip in two weeks yesterday. The produce and egg/dairy sections are now one-way traffic. If that becomes permanent this may have all been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I would definitely shoot any old person coming over the fence.
    Rick Grimes approves.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

And let the fishing from shore begin. Breaking news.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Is Washington still closed? The amount of people milling about on the i5 corridor would signal no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    First Costco trip in two weeks yesterday. The produce and egg/dairy sections are now one-way traffic. If that becomes permanent this may have all been worth it.
    Costco has it down... love them. Home Depot is a complete shit show. Only half the employees wore masks and one was following me around, asking if I needed help, in between coughs. Cashiers are set up cheek to jowl and so I had to stand back until the other line cleared. Think I'll pay the extra 20% and use the side window at the professional electric supply next time.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

wow its almost like they think there is no buddy in charge so they are banding togetehr

throwing around words like shared vision, science, health out come ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    wow its almost like they think there is no buddy in charge so they are banding togetehr

throwing around words like shared vision, science, health out come ?
    This States Rights thing could get interesting. Wanna short term rental in Colorado for July 4th? Please scan in a copy of all the drivers licenses of the intended occupants. California, sure as long as you are not a resident of an identified hot spot and you are willing to sign an affidavit saying that you have had no extended contact with anyone symptomatic and have been practicing social distancing. New York, North Dakota, we'll pass.