Page 712 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... LastLast
Results 17,776 to 17,800 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Don't forget eye protection and full body condoms, which should be mandatory for anyone 60+ or with pre-existing conditions.
    What the future would look like if it were up to this crowd:

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    We have more nitrile gloves than we know what to do with, and we receive more on a regular basis.

I still think there need to be penalties for non-compliance with mask wearing. Some municipalities have already implemented them, and I applaud those efforts. Enforcement of mask laws needs to be carried out by law enforcement, not some poor bastard who works at the grocery store.

$50/$250/your ass is getting arrested and booked into jail with a mandatory court appearance seems like a good three-tiered system. That way the public record will show who the true sociopaths are.
    Problem is that mask wearing, at least around here, is just done wrong. I see people driving with them on, and walking in the middle of nowhere. And, I love Bill Burr, but he did a stupid rant the other day about watching people walking alone on the other side of the street without masks. People, if you're outside, and socially distant, a mask is not necessary, and the state guidelines around here tell me to wear one indoors and to keep socially distant. I wish they would add, keep talking, and especially shouting, to a minimum, too. I was in the liquor store yesterday, and a masked manager was shouting to a customer about an order with me in between. Good god, I ran out of that place, exhaling.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post

With how much it rains out here, I would want a roof on mine too. Otherwise, seems perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    We have more nitrile gloves than we know what to do with, and we receive more on a regular basis.

I still think there need to be penalties for non-compliance with mask wearing. Some municipalities have already implemented them, and I applaud those efforts. Enforcement of mask laws needs to be carried out by law enforcement, not some poor bastard who works at the grocery store.

$50/$250/your ass is getting arrested and booked into jail with a mandatory court appearance seems like a good three-tiered system. That way the public record will show who the true sociopaths are.

A police officer was stationed at the door to my local Stop & Shop yesterday.

Not much I agree with GM about, but this I do.

And those PPE's look pretty cool.

We'll see how things shake out here

"Gyms, spas and community swimming pools will be allowed to open Wednesday, and professional sports leagues will be allowed to begin practicing in Arizona after the state's current stay-at-home order expires Friday, Gov. Doug Ducey said Tuesday."

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Problem is that mask wearing, at least around here, is just done wrong. I see people driving with them on, and walking in the middle of nowhere. And, I love Bill Burr, but he did a stupid rant the other day about watching people walking alone on the other side of the street without masks. People, if you're outside, and socially distant, a mask is not necessary, and the state guidelines around here tell me to wear one indoors and to keep socially distant. I wish they would add, keep talking, and especially shouting, to a minimum, too. I was in the liquor store yesterday, and a masked manager was shouting to a customer about an order with me in between. Good god, I ran out of that place, exhaling.
    The problem with mask wearing is all the inconsistencies that I see on a daily basis even at the hospital I work at. Currently we are being asked to REUSE our disposable masks on a daily basis, that is unless the mask is visibly soiled. Which mine is after a day of use. We haven't gotten to the point yet that we're being asked to reuse our exam gloves, but I'm sure someone in senior "leadship" (or lack thereof) is looking at any way to save money and start reusing exam gloves.
    The lack and poor rollout of PPE's at the hospital I work at has been nothing short of a shitshow. Managers being asked to submit requisitions, that get lost or favoriteized by departments selected by who has friends in that particular department, to procure PPE's seems ridiculous, but hey, that's our purchasing department for you. Mind you this is the same storeroom/purchasing/receiving department that I'm pretty sure had some sort of drug dealing operation going on the side by one of the little methhead storeroom workers.
    Last edited by mtnjam; 05-13-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    A police officer was stationed at the door to my local Stop & Shop yesterday.

Not much I agree with GM about, but this I do.

And those PPE's look pretty cool.
    Seems like a great use of law enforcement resources...

It's a good idea let's put the high-risk population into some of these babies and we can move C19 into the way less deadly than the flu category.

let's start a fund!!

This whole vibe of denialism that is rampant with some folks of a certain political persuasion had me thinking...what would it take for them to have a change of heart and get on board doing things for the greater good? Death of a major leader that shares their thought process? Death of a family member? Death of a fellow mag that posts similar thoughts on the virus? Clearly what happened in NYC and what's happening elsewhere throughout the US and world is not evidence enough at the seriousness of the situation, so what would it take?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Is there some way of adding HUD so we can watch funny cat videos while wearing these? If so, count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Seems like a great use of law enforcement resources...
    Extra duty most likely. Payed for by the establishment or contractor or utility as needed.

Police here double there municipal salary with extra duty jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Dr. Astley's work spreading with a doubling rate of about 8 hours. No word on R0.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    This whole vibe of denialism that is rampant with some folks of a certain political persuasion had me thinking...what would it take for them to have a change of heart and get on board doing things for the greater good? Death of a major leader that shares their thought process? Death of a family member? Death of a fellow mag that posts similar thoughts on the virus? Clearly what happened in NYC and what's happening elsewhere throughout the US and world is not evidence enough at the seriousness of the situation, so what would it take?
    Its an incredibly serious situation for the high risk population but for the the under 50 the CFR is 0.2% and the IFR (depending on what study you believe) is between 0.01 and 0,1%

Or on par/lower than the flu

Its an incredibly serious situation for the high risk population but for the the under 50 the CFR is 0.2% and the IFR (depending on what study you believe) is between 0.01 and 0,1%

How do you disconnect the two, though? More infections means more at-risk infections and more deaths. Everyone knows this, but many seem to tacitly ignore it or just say old people should die for the greater good. I just can't subscribe to that philosophy, sorry.

Doesn't account for the long term lung damage many seem to be experiencing though, and limiting exposure to prevent overutilization is especially important in light of the rank incompetence of the federal response.

First it wasn't a big deal. Then people started dying and the numbers were just a hoax. Once it's personal, it will no longer be a hoax but then we can just blame democrats and china.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    How do you disconnect the two, though? More infections means more at-risk infections and more deaths. Everyone knows this, but many seem to tacitly ignore it or just say old people should die for the greater good. I just can't subscribe to that philosophy, sorry.
    Nope, I'm saying old people should be isolated and the body condom/bubbles is a great way to do it.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 8.23.19 AM.png
Views: 588
Size:  604.2 KB

https://www.ibtimes.com/coronavirus-...erdose-2973235

Death of family member under 60 and death of Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    How do you disconnect the two, though? More infections means more at-risk infections. Everyone knows this, but many seem to tacitly ignore it or just say old people should die for the greater good. I just can't subscribe to that philosophy, sorry.
    Not just that but just because you live through a covid nightmare doesn't mean you come out smelling like a rose. We have a mid 40ish formerly healthy friend in Minneapolis who has long since 'recovered' from the virus but is experiencing longer term debilitating breathing issues, chest pain and fatigue. She is 61 days from onset of symptoms. Doctors haven't been able to help her. She works on a computer at home but can barely walk around the neighborhood on good days so if she had a job like I do, which requires physicality, she could not work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It took a loved one getting ill for Nancy Regan to demand stem cell research so yeah, until it effects them most people don't care. This world seriously lacks empathy.

Still kills me that all these "protect every human life" people are happy to sacrifice the old and infirm.

Save the fetus but we won't support the needy child and old/sick people need to get out of the way and stop ruining the world for me, Me, ME so I can get mine!

Bunch of selfish fucks who apparently, despite what they claim, have no idea and do not care what Jesus would do but they'll evoke his name to tell you you're going to Hell.

/rant
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    <snip> but they'll evoke his name to tell you you're going to Hell.

/rant
    I'm gonna be on an express train there - shall I save you a seat?

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Doesn't account for the long term lung damage many seem to be experiencing though, and limiting exposure to prevent overutilization is especially important in light of the rank incompetence of the federal response.
    They don't even know that much about the disease yet, either. It seems like the heart, kidneys, and other organs may also suffer damage with unknown long term effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Like to see this done with cats.

Thx, I needed that.

Nope, I'm saying old people should be isolated
    Easier said than done. What are you going to do? Round them all up and put them in internment camps? The fact that a third of all COVID deaths have come from nursing homes doesn't bode well for trying to isolate old people.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Not just that but just because you live through a covid nightmare doesn't mean you come out smelling like a rose. We have a mid 40ish formerly healthy friend in Minneapolis who has long since 'recovered' from the virus but is experiencing longer term debilitating breathing issues, chest pain and fatigue. She is 61 days from onset of symptoms. Doctors haven't been able to help her. She works on a computer at home but can barely walk around the neighborhood on good days so if she had a job like I do, which requires physicality, she could not work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is a greater concern for me personally, not so much dying. If I get covid and survive, but can't do anything anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.