Page 985 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 ... LastLast
Results 24,601 to 24,625 of 41810
    Somebody needs to come up with a decision-tree for social media morons and the blatant horseshit they believe/re-post.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Wow, Skougs really is gullible.
    I can't believe he keeps quoting stories from that "Ice Age Now" webiste.

Per worldometers, Singapore currently has 9,318 cases per million (17th highest in the world) while US has 15,072 cases per million (9th highest). For deaths, US has 489 per million (10th highest) and Singapore has 5 per million (149th). I don't think this discrepancy can entirely be attributed to higher rate of mask wearing in Singapore because why is their number of cases almost as high as the US? Singapore is 14th in tests per million and the US is 18th, so it is also not necessarily because Singapore is testing more. I assume that Singapore, on average, is healthier than the US but the US is actually quite a bit younger, on average (38.4 vs 42.2 years).

You can do the same comparisons for lots of countries out there. Trump is a dipshit, and the US response has been abysmal, but, per the Atlantic article below, this virus will likely be with us for the rest of our lives. The hope is a vaccine will make the virus less prevalent and treatments make it less deadly (but neither will likely eradicate the virus). There will likely always be a risk of infection in the US, and in every other country on earth, for the rest of our lives. This is why I think countries that are feeling smugly superior to the US (e.g., Canada) should not take solace for long.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...o-away/614860/

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It's like refusing to believe that the onion or babylon bee are parody.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I don’t think he’s ‘gullible’ as much as being a blatant troll.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Per worldometers, Singapore currently has 9,318 cases per million (17th highest in the world) while US has 15,072 cases per million (9th highest). For deaths, US has 489 per million (10th highest) and Singapore has 5 per million (149th). I don't think this discrepancy can entirely be attributed to higher rate of mask wearing in Singapore because why is their number of cases almost as high as the US? Singapore is 14th in tests per million and the US is 18th, so it is also not necessarily because Singapore is testing more. I assume that Singapore, on average, is healthier than the US but the US is actually quite a bit younger, on average (38.4 vs 42.2 years).
    I think it's pretty clear that the big difference was quick and effective action by Singapore versus months of dithering by the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I don’t think he’s ‘gullible’ as much as being a blatant troll.
    But he's no good at it.

True, he’s a pretty spectacular example of failure.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Pretty big anti covid mitigation protests in Germany

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...german-leaders

BTW,

i'm of German ancestry; so of course i'm down with my fellow Nazi's here.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

You can do the same comparisons for lots of countries out there. Trump is a dipshit, and the US response has been abysmal, but, per the Atlantic article below, this virus will likely be with us for the rest of our lives. The hope is a vaccine will make the virus less prevalent and treatments make it less deadly (but neither will likely eradicate the virus). There will likely always be a risk of infection in the US, and in every other country on earth, for the rest of our lives. This is why I think countries that are feeling smugly superior to the US (e.g., Canada) should not take solace for long.

Lotsa people travel to Singapore cuz its a major world center and covid depends on really nice people traveling,

I could go down to the park and share some Vat 74 sherry with the homeless indigents, they don't mix with people who travel, they don't travel any further than they can ride a junk bike to pick bottles and then to the liqor store so I wouldn't get covid drinking from the same bottle

but i would probably get it sitting at the same table drinking martinis with heli skiing dentists/ investment bankers/ lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    they got new stuff, I mean lies; every day, it's great !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    BTW,

i'm of German ancestry; so of course i'm down with my fellow Nazi's here.
    Skoug, i am really failing to see where you think it’s funny or cool to post shit like that. You keep trying to be the ‘bad guy’ but you’re coming off like a fool instead. Why bother?

Canada has social cohesion, a plan, a science-based approach and a functioning public health-care system.

Of the countries I've lived in; Singapore and Malaysia also have social cohesion, a plan, a science-based approach and a functioning public health-care system

The US? Well draw your own conclusions.

probably the reason for actual low numbers in Singapore and japan is they started early compared to the usa and also can limit better than the usa who is coming in to their countries, more so than a steroid.

but I hadn't been on tgr all week, which I am sure was refreshing and enjoyable; I had to put up some right wing stuff and an anit-social distancing article was just right.

I was excited to see The Atlantic has finally figured out the virus isn't going anywhere. Atypically slow but 5 months late is better than never.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Skoug, i am really failing to see where you think it’s funny or cool to post shit like that. You keep trying to be the ‘bad guy’ but you’re coming off like a fool instead. Why bother?
    you understand many posts I do is to openly mock tgr.

yes, you all that think that looting is okay with protests, that think that people coming here illegally should be welcomed and have their needs paid for by taxpayers and that islam is not a threat that should be taken seriously, but Christianity is; I am mocking all of you; that is not rational thinking.

I don't think you have a fucking clue about what "we all" think.

so you do it because you are literally the only person that thinks this brand of toxic nonsense is funny.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm not sure what Dr. Feigl-Ding is upset about. A couple K (3K in the US) is a drop in the bucket in the overall cost of care for even a moderately ill patient and cheap compared to a lot of drugs in that class. Plus Gilead is licensing it at a discount to generics to sell it cheap in the 3rd world. The drug saves far more in hospital bills than it costs. There's a lot to get outraged about in the pharmaceutical world but this isn't one of them.
    I see this more as a capitalism/pricing outrage. For any given item, it can be sold if it can be produced for less cost. For any given item, it can be purchased if the buyer can extract more value than the cost. Sometimes the range between production cost and buyer value is very high. For example if it's your life or buy this item, you'll pay a high price. That doesn't make high prices ethical, right, or a social good.

By Gilead's reasoning, a lifeguard should demand $100,000 before throwing a life ring to a drowning man. We should live in a better world

Singapore cases are mainly migrant worker dorms, and they have only 6,500 active cases. About 1% of yesterday’s new cases were community transmission, 1% imports, and 98% dorms. They also have very effective tracing.

So why is the mortality rate in Singapore so much lower than the US? That has nothing to do with a plan, social cohesion, mask wearing, early action. It's simply the percentage of people who die who have the disease. To me, the explanation for this is the people who contract the virus in Singapore are, on average, much healthier and younger than those who have contracted the virus in the US.

I would agree that, as a whole, Canada has more of a plan, social cohesion, better public health than a US. But is there really much different between say, BC and Washington State? Washington State is as liberal and educated as BC. 80% of WA citizens think alike. Sure, we have small conservative towns in Eastern WA but BC has Merritt. I have been to BC hundreds of times in my life and find very little difference between BC and WA. BC has a higher percentage of Asians and South Asians. WA has higher percentage of Latinos and African Americans. But more or less, they are the same (wealth, health, education, politics). I don't think WA has a higher COVID rate and death rate than BC because of people from Mississippi coming to WA and giving it to us. And I don't think WA can blame Trump for all of its problems. It seems it came down to luck and early action. Washington state did take early action, relative to most places in N America, and continues to do so. In retrospect, the virus was much more prevalent in WA than BC in the early stages. This wasn't attributed to strong action by BC and lack of action by WA. Both Seattle and Vancouver are gateway cities to Asia but for whatever reason, more Asians who had the disease traveled to Seattle than Vancouver in the early states (again, dumb luck).

At some point, as it becomes apparent that this virus isn't going away, I would hope all countries (Canada and others) open their borders but continue to focus on social distance measures to help slow the virus. Is Canada really going to keep their borders closed for the next three years to the 22 other countries on earth with higher deaths per million rate (and should the hundreds of countries on earth who have lower deaths per million than Canada keep their boarders closed to Canadians?) WHO initially recommended against closing borders because of the MAGA, populist, isolationist, racists collateral effects border closures create.

and chewing gum is illegal

" This is why I think countries that are feeling smugly superior to the US (e.g., Canada) should not take solace for long. "

hey what would you say if you had crazy neighbors ? And btw we actualy DO think Covid IS all trumps fault up here

The Chinese in Vangroovy heard about covid and were actualy on top of it early with masking also the malls in Richmond (a vangroovy suburb that is > 50% azn ) were deserted early on and besides most of the covid deaths were back east, it came in thru USA via Yurp to the east ... NOT china

whats the difference between washington & BC, i seem to remember the artical where the population is half again as many people but 7 times as many people were dying of covid SO its out of control

a recent pole found that 86% of Canadians want the border left closed so there is absolutely NO politcal will to reopen it goods still pass back and forth by truck but you won't be skiing or fishing or recreating any time soon, if you need to drive to AK there is a protocol for that which involves strict timelines and not recreating along the way

Well Skoug and Deeb and Jayp et al prolly need a little entertainment for their otherwise miserable lives, so why not allow them to take the minuscule satisfaction of ineffectually "owning the libs" with dumbfuck troll links from idjit rightwing websites? Think of it as therapy for the microcephalic.