Page 1643 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 ... LastLast
Results 41,051 to 41,075 of 41810
    I'll play
    Masks are useless. Prove it.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm in. I say he lasts less than 48 hours.
    Can I take the under? Oh, that's agreeing with you. I bid 36 then. by 4:20 am Thursday.

We should do Sweden!

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    <snip> by 4:20 am Thursday.

Can I take the under? Oh, that's agreeing with you. I bid 36 then. by 4:20 am Thursday.
    Then it proves my point. Some can "troll" all they wish due to their "political leaning" and others are "shut out" because they disagree. It's up to the "mod team" who hides behind a handle cause they are just a shitty mag for real.

The mods had a heavy hand early on the in pandemic. You seem to have forgotten how this place really used to be. Shame.

I've hooked up many here, made many friends, doesn't mean I won't speak my mind, censorship is bullshit. I was "censored" for "misinformation" that really wasn't. You think that's cool? You're prolly a shitty mag too.

Sent from my [deez nutz] using TGR Mods are funny

I think you're making that up.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    We should do Sweden!
    My dad got covid and I thought he was going to die. Just like the 26ppl in the older people home a block away from me. Very scary and, oh I guess, those existential threats seemed like a much bigger deal than the burden of kids wearing a mask a few hours a day or popping one on when you go in the grocery store. Honestly, that seemed like a great teachable kid moment for empathy, concern for others and a civic duty in light of a crisis. What do I know. A few 'tuckys here but most ppl just got on with it. And oh, almost forgot - my dad is swedish so that probably was a big strike against him. No, don't do Sweden.

I was right 100% of the time from January 2020 til now

go back and see if you don't believe me but it's true

people tried to shut me up but I was right

no...I can't be more specific than that. You'll have to do the work to prove me wrong.

No I don't have a degree in virology or epidemiology but I don't need that to see through this complicated problem - if only the government consulted me we'd not have any of the problems we are dealing with today.

Fuck yeah I'm awesome. I'm the prophet they spoke of.
    lol, he was all over the place with his takes. He was hopeful vaccine mandates would end the pandemic before he was against mandates. He went on-and-on for weeks about how this was all never going to end because vaccines didn't work before today saying it was "mostly bullshit all along." He was for vaccines before he was against vaccines....

... and despite knowing it was "mostly bullshit all along" at one point people were asking out of genuine concern if anyone knows skidog in real life? Is everything ok? because he was having a complete meltdown.

It's easy for a person to say they were right 100% of the time when they held every position under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Not conservative..middle right at best. Just not an idiot sheep that followed the narrative fed to you by the politicians. Yes fauci is a politician. You all can apologize to those who said this was mostly bullshit all along. Oh wait I forgot what forum I was on? You idiots would never do that. There are likely quite a few of "us" still here waiting though

Just because you claim it doesn't make it true. No shit a gov director is part pol, just like any biz director.
    Cite your claims or fuck off. Claiming that physical barriers and separation can't defeat virus spread defies logic and physics.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    They run big scientific labs in America like Lawrence Livermore, etc, and the Energy Department has a special division that, as part of its mission to track and mitigate the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, specializes in the study of biological weapons such as viruses.
    So these are the same people who claimed Saddam Hussein had WMD ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    So these are the same people who claimed Saddam Hussein had WMD ?
    The Bush administration probably skipped right over the part of the DOEs report where they said they had "low confidence" in their conclusion, just like that same side of the aisle did here.

Then it proves my point. Some can "troll" all they wish due to their "political leaning" and others are "shut out" because they disagree. It's up to the "mod team" who hides behind a handle cause they are just a shitty mag for real.

The mods had a heavy hand early on the in pandemic. You seem to have forgotten how this place really used to be. Shame.

I've hooked up many here, made many friends, doesn't mean I won't speak my mind, censorship is bullshit. I was "censored" for "misinformation" that really wasn't. You think that's cool? You're prolly a shitty mag too.

Did the FBI also pay the TGR mod team to suppress dissenting opinions? There is precedent, and the mod team didn't act like their usual selves RE: COVID discussion.

My favorite part of the last 3 pages for the usual suspects is: Instead of looking within and seeing that parroting everything that the MSM lied to you about (at every turn) wasn't a good look in retrospect, these same "critical thinkers" double down on hate, closed mindedness, and pearl clutching. Maybe sit this one out because you were wrong, again? Nope! Here they all are. The real gaggle of know nothings.

Psychologically, it's the equivalent of skidog taking his victory lap, flinging poo, and pissing in all your cheerios, just expressed a different way. All rooted in our same tribal and hubristic tendencies. We are cavemen typing on a keyboard.

The Percy & Skidog worms for brain paradox summary of nearly every post:: "It is raining, but I do not believe that it is raining"

Yep. From 2005 to 2015, place changed. And continues to change. I haven't forgotten. I also remember that behavior similar to yours has led to recent bans. So I riffed on the 48 hours post, as might have happened in 2005. Shame you can't take it. If I were posting in 2005, I'm supposed to call you a fucktard, and a couple escalations later we agree to a ski-off. In 2015, one of us must noshow.

FWIW I feel the community has been ban-happy and we banned too many. And I argued against and got overruled. But I'm only one shitty mag in a big community. Many folks thought there was too much thread cunting, particularly in this thread. And here I am arguably feeding a troll, wondering if I should delete instead of post.

As for the lab leak theory, I don't see the value. If China leaked it intentionally, it blew up on them pretty badly. If it was an accident, well hooray! they're humans just like us and make mistakes sometimes. IMO, the mistake is eating tasty animals and getting viruses from them. It's hard for me to blame China for a practice common worldwide. So, yeah, we got a pandemic. As in almost all to date, containment failed. I'm happy we've advanced to where we sometimes contain or eliminate pestilence. There will be another. pandemic. It is what it is. If it's H5 from poultry I will not blame myself or others for eating chicken.

Nope, I could care less either way, the fact that I am told I just egged people on and add nothing of "value" in a 100% valueless thread is a joke you just don't even understand. The majority of you look stupid and are just trying to figure out a way to look kinda less stupid.

I was right idiots, you just don't like that. It's easier to let others think for you....just keep spreading what turned out to be the real misinformation. Fucking entire thread should be nuked as misinformation along with a few fucking mods that got a little happy with the ban button due to their own political leanings. That's pussy if you ask me.

Prove me wrong..

I vote we crowd fund a gold pass for this guy as reparations.

Whats gonna happen when we end up eating crow and inviting Benny back?

lol, mods should permanently ban skidog and bring back Rog. And Benny was never banned. He had a meltdown and left on his own accord. But you knew that already.

FWIW I feel the community has been ban-happy and we banned too many. And I argued against and got overruled. But I'm only one shitty mag in a big community. Many folks thought there was too much thread cunting, particularly in this thread. And here I am arguably feeding a troll, wondering if I should delete instead of post.
    FWIW, it wasn't this thread and it wasn't early in the pandemic. It was the "To Vaccinate or Not" thread late in the pandemic. Nearly all of skidog's obnoxious behavior revolved around vaccines — not masks, not lockdowns, not lab leaks, not China. His arguments today about why he was banned are all revisionist.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    I answer my own question. Douchy Bret Stephens opinion piece following a meta-data analysis from a Cochrane review. Read that, best I could. Then read a bunch of analysis and parsing from other experts - citing the limits of the source aggregation, conclusions and contrasts with other studies. This stood out: "For example, just six of the 78 trials included were conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic". I recommend reading additional sources regarding useful interpretation.
    Here’s a thread explaining some of the flaws in the Cochran analysis:

https://twitter.com/tomaspueyo/statu...UzOyNPGS7KxNeA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8F59C917-B773-47CF-BE3A-9BD1CB0AEAA9.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	448.4 KB 
ID:	449748

I still lurk around the ski and snowboard forum because there is good info in there. Every now and then I check to see if anyone in this thread has come to terms with the failure of masks, lockdowns, and the vaccine. Well it took long enough! And unsurprisingly the usual suspects can't admit they were wrong.

It's pretty amazing that I got banned for "trolling" despite being by far the most right on everything pandemic related. Seriously, go try to find a post in my history that qualifies as trolling. On this forum trolling is any view counter to what you might find on left wing corporate news outlets.

Yep. From 2005 to 2015, place changed. And continues to change. I haven't forgotten. I also remember that behavior similar to yours has led to recent bans. So I riffed on the 48 hours post, as might have happened in 2005. Shame you can't take it. If I were posting in 2005, I'm supposed to call you a fucktard, and a couple escalations later we agree to a ski-off. In 2015, one of us must noshow.

FWIW I feel the community has been ban-happy and we banned too many. And I argued against and got overruled. But I'm only one shitty mag in a big community. Many folks thought there was too much thread cunting, particularly in this thread. And here I am arguably feeding a troll, wondering if I should delete instead of post..
    everything changes, which is why your wife is fucking the tennis pro
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ron john View Post
    It's pretty amazing that I got banned for "trolling" despite being by far the most right on everything pandemic related. Seriously, go try to find a post in my history that qualifies as trolling. On this forum trolling is any view counter to what you might find on left wing corporate news outlets.
    lol, 'Ron' was by far the most wrong about everything. 'Ron' misrepresented an Israeli news report, not even a study, and ignored Simpson's Paradox to argue the vaccines didn't work to prevent serious disease.

'Ron,' Percy & "but I'm vaxxed" skidog are liars. All the antivaxxers and vax-skeptics arguing the pandemic was "mostly bullshit all along" are ignoring the fact vaccines saved millions of lives, directly, not counting the other benefits like the prevention of hospital overload and helping us return to normal.

I was right 100% of the time from January 2020 til now

go back and see if you don't believe me but it's true

people tried to shut me up but I was right

no...I can't be more specific than that. You'll have to do the work to prove me wrong.

No I don't have a degree in virology or epidemiology but I don't need that to see through this complicated problem - if only the government consulted me we'd not have any of the problems we are dealing with today.

Fuck yeah I'm awesome. I'm the prophet they spoke of.
    Was it you that said as soon as anything worked the deniers would tell us that it was all unnecessary because as soon as a peak starts to taper it isn't "that bad?"

Cause that really was some prophetic shit. Happened sooner than predicted, if anything.

I like to troll.
    Sorry.

A million deaths is a statistic. Lucky assholes didn't know any of em, I guess. Congrats.

You (mostly) idiots still don't get it. My ban was for "misinformation" which really wasnt misinformation. I used my actual brain and logic, you all chose to listen to fauci spout nonsense for 2 years, you allowed the economy to be ruined, kids and minorities to be even further left behind, all for a virus that pretty much killed old people and immune compromised, just like, guess what??, the flu.. masks are proven to be ineffective in more than one study (even in liberals fav rag the nyt), but yep I spread misinformation and was a dick cause I stuck to my actual argument/position that the majority disagreed with. Welcome to the China of internet forums.

Dude all that was done just to get Trump out

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    lol, 'Ron' was by far the most wrong about everything. 'Ron' misrepresented an Israeli news report, not even a study, and ignored Simpson's Paradox to argue the vaccines didn't work to prevent serious disease.

'Ron,' Percy & "but I'm vaxxed" skidog are liars.
    You will have to remind me about the Isreali news report. And it's now clear the vaccines don't work to prevent serious disease (at least of any significance).

If that is all you got I'm still crushing the thread despite having all of TGR against me. I do recall you making some claim to the effect that the vaccines are one of the greatest achievements of mankind. Some take that was....

lol, this 'Ron' alias troll is a weak sauce facsimile. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Was it you that said as soon as anything worked the deniers would tell us that it was all unnecessary because as soon as a peak starts to taper it isn't "that bad?"

Cause that really was some prophetic shit. Happened sooner than predicted, if anything.

Sorry.

A million deaths is a statistic. Lucky assholes didn't know any of em, I guess. Congrats.
    The biggest cringe is all the antivaxers crawling out of the woodwork to now claim "they were right".