Page 125 of 132 FirstFirst ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3295
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4917.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	341027

Neff Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    3 post JONG slinging' shit. Priceless
    apparently, in the two years he's been here, this is the third time he's felt like he had something useful to contribute to a conversation.

thanks, hammyslapwagons, you certainly bring a valuable perspective to this conversation, your input and contribution to this community is invaluable

-- on another note, the beta about Basin being reasonable on weekends is pretty spot on. sure, get there early and what not, but it's never cottonwoods crowded. yeah yeah, the snerr ain't as white nor as deep, but it's a fun hill. i've enjoyed my time up there as the mrs. works on her learn 'n earn.

i'll be ripping orange bubble laps this year for sure. hope to also ski at alta on a powder day

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

Name:	IMG_4917.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	341027

Neff Canyon
    plenty of schwack in there that could stand a clearing

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    i can't tell if this fire is gonna make neff's more skiable early season (less schwacky) or less (more slidey). hoping for the best obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Neff Canyon
    Uh oh....

This morning a couple deep thinkers started a campfire in a mining cabin at Deer Valley and burned it down: https://www.parkrecord.com/news/park...royed-in-fire/

Re: Neff's fire, the flames were visible on the Oly shoulder by noon. The wind is definitely not helping today and the fire has moved up canyon a bit it seems. Those Olympus Cove fuckers don't rake their scrub oak forests and having bushwacked around there looking for obscure climbs on Olympus I can attest to the insane depth of the material that is ready to burn. Hopefully the wind dies down, there are houses that aren't exactly far from there

Name:	IMG_20200922_130642.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	682.3 KB 
ID:	341034

Re: Deer Valley bros, this is why we can't have nice things. People are too fucking stupid and selfish.
    Last week there were fireworks at the local high school to celebrate homecoming or football or who knows what kind of dumb shit. Someone on NextDoor pointed out the immense stupidity of blowing shit up in the sky when the ground is a tinder box and the entire W coast is in flames. The overwhelming response was that fireworks were fine because:

. The show was setup by professional so clearly a fire was impossible
    . The air quality was already bad, what's a bit more smoke, and what about the winter inversion?
    . People with PTSD were given advance notice so they have no reason to freak out .
    . The kids have a hard time with COVID so blowing shit up was essential
    . It's a tradition so why stop
    . Fuck you this is 'murica why do you hate freedom support the troops rah rah rah
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Glad to see Boissai is finally coming around to a more murican way of thinking! Was really getting sick of your logical thinking....

Hammyslapwagons ain't wrong, Park City does suck! Glad to see all the cottonwood beaters are heading that way this year! Cause they probably won't let anyone up the cottonwoods this year, country club only!

also as dumb as that PC mine fire was, getting upset over someone burning down an old mine seems a little extreme...... "oh no, someone burned down someone else's trash they never cleaned up....."

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    also as dumb as that PC mine fire was, getting upset over someone burning down an old mine seems a little extreme...... "oh no, someone burned down someone else's trash they never cleaned up....."
    It was a neat historical structure, but it's not so much about the structure as it's about how goddamn lucky those guys were that it didn't turn into a major wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It was a neat historical structure, but it's not so much about the structure as it's about how goddamn lucky those guys were that it didn't turn into a major wildfire.
    I agree with you 100%. Guess I was filling a little cynical earlier. Super close to a bunch of people's homes. Lucky indeed.

I hope they get the neff's fire under control and no one loses their house.

Quote Originally Posted by HammySlapwagons View Post
    Park City sucks. Don't go there
    Park city is great go there!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I agree with you 100%.

Super close to a bunch of people's homes. Lucky indeed.
    The number of gazillion dollar homes and other big $$$$ property that could be destroyed by a major fire in PC is kinda mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Snowbird's a different beast that could limit skiers, but Alta cannot limit skiers due to USFS lease, from what I heard, not sure how JHMR can. Was mentioned previously in the thread that the only way to limit skier traffic in LCC is to control parking.
    Almost certain the distinction is that they can't keep people off the land, but they can limit access to their lift infrastructure for whatever reason they please.

Even if this were the case, I'd assume FS could amend the lease, or just look the other way under the circumstances. I'd probably be wrong, but I'd hope so. See: carry away booze in big cities and ceding parking spots to restaurants to increase outdoor dining square footage.

Agree that incentivizing people to pile into single cars is pretty absurd in the age of COVID (not a bad idea long term though).

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    -- on another note, the beta about Basin being reasonable on weekends is pretty spot on. sure, get there early and what not, but it's never cottonwoods crowded. yeah yeah, the snerr ain't as white nor as deep, but it's a fun hill. i've enjoyed my time up there as the mrs. works on her learn 'n earn.
    Jesus, if this is true the Cottonwood resorts must be shoulder to shoulder, wait your turn to turn type crowded. I gave up on weekends at the Basin several years ago because of the crowds and from what friends tell me its only gotten worse.

People are retarded. They want herd immunity but don't want anyone to get the virus. You can't have both.

Vaccine perhaps.

Before the 19/20 insanity, I’d go to olta to escape the crowds at slowbasin.

Quote Originally Posted by thebear View Post
    Almost certain the distinction is that they can't keep people off the land, but they can limit access to their lift infrastructure for whatever reason they please.
    They most certainly can keep people off the land.

"They can/can't do xxxxxx because of the USFS lease" is very rarely correct. The resorts do little to dispel these myths because, hey, easier to just let the FS be the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    They most certainly can keep people off the land.

"They can/can't do xxxxxx because of the USFS lease" is very rarely correct. The resorts do little to dispel these myths because, hey, easier to just let the FS be the bad guy.
    Ahhh, that makes sense considering the whole 'no snowboarders' policy.

Interested in what's going on with transportation in the wasatch.....

As part of its Mountain Transportation System (MTS) initiative, the Central Wasatch Commission hosted an expert panel on Friday, September 18th, which initiated the second public comment period the Central Wasatch Commission has opened as part of the Mountain Transportation System initiative.
    If you want to watch what happened in the meeting, which is very interesting, click on the zoom link below:
    You can skip the first 20 mins, as it is just the beginning of a ZOOM meeting....nothing substantive
    https://zoom.us/rec/play/ZueAQ3S27MS...pKOHnVP1jEtA6G
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Name:  IMG_7199.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7200.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  58.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7202.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7203.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  56.9 KB

Here is a link to all slides presented during the meeting:
    https://mcusercontent.com/d039de63a7...ides_Panel.pdf
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Here is a link to all slides presented during the meeting:
    https://mcusercontent.com/d039de63a7...ides_Panel.pdf
    A gondola that connects PC, BCC, and LCC? A tunnel that connects BCC to LCC? Not sure how well it would work out, but exciting nonetheless. Also, those operating costs were fucking huge. Not sure where all that money is going to come from.

Thanks for sharing the slides.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    my first thought was mallwalker gonna find some new lines in there 5his season, burn scar ski pics are cool

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by HammySlapwagons View Post
    A gondola that connects PC, BCC, and LCC? A tunnel that connects BCC to LCC? Not sure how well it would work out, but exciting nonetheless. Also, those operating costs were fucking huge. Not sure where all that money is going to come from.

Thanks for sharing the slides.
    What was the cost of the cog rail line?

My LinkedIn is telling me that Snowbird is looking for a new snow safety supervisor. Who left?