Page 528 of 535 FirstFirst ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... LastLast
Results 13,176 to 13,200 of 13363

Thread: Ask the experts

Thanks, maybe I'll buy two because my crankbro sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    Thanks, maybe I'll buy two because my crankbro sucks
    I was curious and checked. Receipt shows 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    I've had a Lezyne HV beating itself silly in my fanny pack for at least 5 years. Still works as new. Every once in a while I shake the gravel out of it.

https://ride.lezyne.com/collections/...e=Hand%20Pumps
    Clicked on link. Counted 8 different HV pumps. Which one are you loving?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Clicked on link. Counted 8 different HV pumps. Which one are you loving?

Tech Drive HV, Black, Small

https://ride.lezyne.com/products/1-mp-tchv-v1m04

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Favorite Moab camping areas with pretty strong cell signal? Not expecting new information necessarily. Can't remember which areas had strong signal before. I'm finally getting my ass down to the desert for a trip before I legitimately burn out from work and before I get surgery on the 19th. I have a business phone call I will need to take and a zoom call. Ideal I do these from camp instead of at some coffee shop in town. I've had decent signal at North K and off 127. Can't remember if there is signal off 340.

The north Klondike Bluffs area has a really close tower, but still can be spotty in the actual (new) campground.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The north Klondike Bluffs area has a really close tower, but still can be spotty in the actual (new) campground.
    Haven't camped there in maybe 3 years. They have an "actual" campground? You can still just cruise into the BLM though right?

Spray degreaser

Is there a consensus on a product that is safe to use around plastic and rubber? Planning to do a pivot bearing service and there are a couple bearings on my frame that I think I'm going to leave in place and try to flush from one side.

I've got a Shimano XT brake lever that the reach adjust screw likes to back itself off while I'm blasting down bumpy downhills or on long uphills where I go a long way without touching the brakes.

I tried adding some locktite to the screw but the end is captured by a permanent looking circlip. Does anyone have any pointers on what's going on/ways to fix it or should I just buy a new 30 buck lever assembly and call it good?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Spray degreaser

Is there a consensus on a product that is safe to use around plastic and rubber? Planning to do a pivot bearing service and there are a couple bearings on my frame that I think I'm going to leave in place and try to flush from one side.
    I have a can of the Maxima Suspension Cleaner I've used for that. I figure if all the RS service docs call for using that liberally to clean suspension parts inside and out during service, it's probably fine to blow out old bearing grease. I've used it for exactly that changing the grease on some Chris King bottom brackets and headsets, with no issues (they did get new rubber seals as part of the service though).

Has anyone mulleted the current gen MK3 YT Capra 29er?

I have a Core 3 and would like to make the back end feel a bit shorter and more agile. Sounds like YT don't/won't sell the actual MX rear triangle, but is there any reason I can't just buy a new rear wheel and slide it on? Do I need to buy a new cassette and brake rotor etc too? Will the bb height be too low, even in the high position? Sorry, kinda clueless as to what too low would be... Would it be a dumb idea to think I could regularly switch out the rear wheels, with a 27.5 with DHR's for rowdier riding and the current 29 with lighter tyres for big climbing days?

Also, any ad/disadvantages to mulleting the 29er compared to the ‘native’ MX? The chain stays will still be longer than the mullet version, and slightly less progressive kinematics...

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkleberryFinn View Post
    Has anyone mulleted the current gen MK3 YT Capra 29er?

I have a Core 3 and would like to make the back end feel a bit shorter and more agile. Sounds like YT don't/won't sell the actual MX rear triangle, but is there any reason I can't just buy a new rear wheel and slide it on? Do I need to buy a new cassette and brake rotor etc too? Will the bb height be too low, even in the high position? Sorry, kinda clueless as to what too low would be... Would it be a dumb idea to think I could regularly switch out the rear wheels, with a 27.5 with DHR's for rowdier riding and the current 29 with lighter tyres for big climbing days?

Also, any ad/disadvantages to mulleting the 29er compared to the ‘native’ MX? The chain stays will still be longer than the mullet version, and slightly less progressive kinematics...
    A simple rule of thumb is that swapping like for like (put a 27.5 rear wheel on a 29er without changing fork travel) will result in slacking out the head and seat tube angles by about 0.9 degrees, and dropping (29->mullet) the BB 12mm.

In my experience messing around with mullet conversions before they became more readily available, they work better on bikes with longer chainstays (440+mm). Mullet bikes with short chainstays corner really funny - they tend to have the rear end cut in and seriously square off corners that a matched wheelsize bike would not taking the same line. And the 12mm BB drop is a really big deal on some bikes, making them essentially unrideable in rough terrain.

If you are using a DHX2 shock by any chance, Cascade Components makes a new lower shock eyelet that extends the shock eye to eye enough to counter putting on a 27.5 rear wheel. https://cascadecomponents.bike/produ...t-2022-current They also make MX links for some bikes (not YT), as does Williams Racing Products (also not YT).

If you are dead set on doing this and hopping back and forth between wheel sizes, the best setup for your bike would be:
    DHX2 with Cascade MX link for mullet, some other shock for 29
    dedicated 27.5 rear wheel *using the same exact model of rear hub* as your 29 rear wheel. This is so that you don't have to readjust the brake caliper each swap.
    for faster conversion, you'd want an identical rotor and cassette on both rear wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Haven't camped there in maybe 3 years. They have an "actual" campground? You can still just cruise into the BLM though right?
    Nope, shut down. Essentially reservation only (unless you get really lucky). Can’t freeball anywhere else, they patrol.

Nope, shut down. Essentially reservation only (unless you get really lucky). Can’t freeball anywhere else, they patrol.
    Lol that's stupid as hell. I camped off 340 in April 2022. Is that shutdown too?

The Pandemic insanity changed things forever, unfortunately.

People driving their Sprinters all the fuck over the place and shitting wherever they wanted during the pandemic changed things forever, unfortunately.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    FIFY
    In fairness to the sprinter hordes, it was always the dudes in lifted trucks with a bunch of side by sides tear-assing all over the camping zones that really seemed like they were created an irreconcilable problem.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    In fairness to the sprinter hordes, it was always the dudes in lifted trucks with a bunch of side by sides tear-assing all over the camping zones that really seemed like they were created an irreconcilable problem.
    Have to agree, the Sprinter people are generally more ‘leave no trace’ types than the side x side, Jeepers, massive RV, etc types. But there is plenty of blame to go around. It was pretty fucking out of control on weekends in ‘20’21’22’.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That group was always fucking up the wilderness. It was the trust fund cunts who appeared during covid and left without their toilet paper who pushed things over the edge.

Can anyone provide a little guidance on what part number for a basic seal kit for a 2022 Rockshox Sid lux select+ rear shock? Holy shit, a dizzying amount of kits out there! Maybe my wording is off in my Google search…

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Can anyone provide a little guidance on what part number for a basic seal kit for a 2022 Rockshox Sid lux select+ rear shock? Holy shit, a dizzying amount of kits out there! Maybe my wording is off in my Google search…

I'm guessing if its like Fox you can search for part numbers directly via the fork serial number on the SRAM website?

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/product/search/serial

They’ve been closing down free camping in an expanding perimeter from Moab for 25 years. The perimeter expands, then the turd blossoms bloom and the redneck crop circles emerge outside of that location again.
    After the money we all spend on the gear and the travel to get to Moab and do the things, the expectation of free camping there that could possibly be sustainable in that fragile environment with the millions of people who visit the area yearly is hilarious. Pony up the $15 bucks a night and enjoy all the sweet trails they’ve built for you to enjoy. If you’re looking for true solitude in your camping experience, an area with approx 3mm + visitors a year might not be the ticket. If you can’t swing the $15 for a night of camping….riding a bike in Moab might not be the best idea either.
    Phish, this isn’t aimed at you, it’s just a general reaction to the annual emergence of this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm guessing if its like Fox you can search for part numbers directly via the fork serial number on the SRAM website?

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/product/search/serial
    Fuck ya!! Thank you, got it!

Ask the experts! I bet even non-experts can answer this, but I'm a tubeless newb, current bike is my first bike with them (and I'm bike-clueless in general). I had a mechanic do a tune and maintenance last spring, but barely rode my bike last year for a whole host of reasons, so don't feel like I need to pay for a tune this year. Tires are still holding air.

I assume I need to load them up with some Stan's? I do know that is the current sealant in there. Anything special I need to know?

I bought this "injector" and a 16oz bottle of Stan's.

Stan's says use 4 oz for my tires (29 x 2.3). The process looks pretty simple but figured I'd ask here for tips or things I don't know/realize.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

New Fox dampers are out. Experts: should I throw my Performance Elite 36 with Grip2 directly in the trash, or saw it in half first to make sure nobody attempts to ride that horribly outdated piece of crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk