Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Panorama is a ghost town. Coffee shop girl said she wouldn't fill my travel mug due to new clean protocol. I watched her pick up other people's dirty coffee mugs off tables put them into sink and grab a clean mug for my coffee.... no hand washing before grabbing a new mug really defeats the purpose of the protocols imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Panorama is a ghost town. Coffee shop girl said she wouldn't fill my travel mug due to new clean protocol. I watched her pick up other people's dirty coffee mugs off tables put them into sink and grab a clean mug for my coffee.... no hand washing before grabbing a new mug really defeats the purpose of the protocols imo.

It sure does.

I think it's easy to forget because this is all so new. It would not be unreasonable for you to quietly point that out to anyone you see doing something like that, IMO.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

SSV had 30+ min gondi line up, at 11:30 am

it is the weekend, and just getting out of the deep freeze, with some fresh snow, and one of the few ski areas open (for MC/Ikon passes too)

I saw the line, and came home

Got to lake Louise at 940. Parked in row 4. - 26..by the time we got our daughter out to lessons at 1030 it was - 20. Summit was - 11.
    Same usually lines like any other day. Skied far side brown shirt /boomerang. We left at 3 and the parking lot was almost full.

Hats off to lake Louise. The gondolas smelled of straight Lysol. Even Mrs. Locke herself was cleaning washrooms.

Coverage is all time. Hopefully they don't close.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

^Burly. Was -29 at the lake when I drove through this morning on my way back to Calgary. Didn't even want to think about skiing yesterday.

Revy was cleaning gondy cars between riders yesterday with disinfectant.

Annoyingly busy this afternoon at Kimbo when the spring break families arrived. Gorgeous sunny day once it warmed up and best snow of the year after 50 cm the past week.

Since it was determined that the apres ski band in the Stemwinder bar sucks we all gathered at a pop-up sun pit by the Purcell condos to drink beer and engage in social spacing by positioning our lawn chairs six feet apart.

Nice sunny day at Fernie. I did make it up myself but heard it was really good. Not to busy either.

RCR email at 12:44 a.m. announcing that its resorts will close Monday for one week. Reassessment after that but not looking good.

Glad we had a great day yesterday.

Fernie, Reve, KH all closed for 7 days.

skibig3 open, but I think thats due to getting 3 people to agree, odds are it will happen in 0-48 hours

Sad news regarding RCR. I feel like the the big3 will follow suit in only a matter of time. Super disappointing but I also understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Fernie, Reve, KH all closed for 7 days.

skibig3 open, but I think thats due to getting 3 people to agree, odds are it will happen in 0-48 hours
    Looks like Revy is still open, from their website:

"COVID-19 - A Letter from our VP of Operations
    March 15 2020

With the ongoing attention on the COVID-19 virus, we will be assessing the health and saftey of our staff and guests on a daily basis. Revelstoke Mountain Resort is open and committed to delivering a premier ski/snowboard experience."

Nothing about closing on their Facebook page either.

Panorama also still open

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

yup me bad, fake news: reve is open

pano

ski big 3

think that is about it?

Marmot?

Castle is still open.

Skied Fernie over the weekend. Conditions were nice. Super cold on Saturday (with new side closed), but beautiful on sunday. Disappointing to see it close (I would be suprised if it opens again).

Hopefully we will get some good weather for touring.

Revy just announced. Effective end of ski day today.

Marmot is still open. They are promoting their empty runs and lack of crowds. Skied well yesterday

Pano is now closed for the season.

Was enroute to Fernie this morning and heard about the closing. went touring up Tunnel instead, cool zone. Temps warmed up in a hurry, from -11 at 9am to +5 at 2pm. Snow got heavy and wet on South aspects so we pulled out. Heading back up in the early am.

Ssv skied well today.. Longer gondola line due to limited loading. Great sun and fun today. Strawberry skied great. Haha

Avalanche Canada cautioning that - "As always, accurate avalanche forecasts remains our priority. However, the early closure of many backcountry operations, in response to the COVID 19 pandemic, will soon affect our data stream. We are assessing this situation on a daily basis but are expecting an increase in our forecast uncertainty as these closures progress. Our Mountain Information Network (MIN) is going to become even more important than usual. We are actively encouraging all backcountry users to submit their observations. Even the most basic data will be helpful, so please consider posting to the MIN. We are also encouraging avalanche professionals to keep providing whatever data they have."

castle, ski big 3, marmot left. I give is 0-36 hours and they are done too

I think I’m done with ski hills. Not sure it’s the right call or needed but I see no harm.
    No shame for what others do. But it’s my call for me

I think I’m done with ski hills. Not sure it’s the right call or needed but I see no harm.
    Says the guy married to a nurse.... I've got about two weeks before I'm back to work in the cesspool.
    Ski while I can.

Won't be long before bike season starts around Invermere. Weekend forecast is 15c, not much snow around the Johnson yesterday and very little frost in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Won't be long before bike season starts around Invermere. Weekend forecast is 15c, not much snow around the Johnson yesterday and very little frost in the ground.

Headed out to dw next week Wed to Friday. You'll have to update date me on road and stability. Haven't been up forester at all this year.

I'd totally go skiing but I'd stay out of the lodge.

But I agree with your suspicion that they'll all close before I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season