Devinci Marshall 29 - input?

I was looking at updating my original Ibis Ripley by picking up a discounted 2018 LS model and swapping over the old parts, and stumbled on the Devinci Marshall. Seems quite similar in geometry (slightly steeper STA and slightly less rear travel), and Evo has them in full carbon for not a ton more than just buying a Ripley LS frame.

Can't find too much in reviews on them, in the 29" wheel version. Anyone here have one? Seems like an odd bike to produce for Devinci - very close to the 29er Django. They are discontinued, so maybe Devinci thought there was too much overlap too.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I thought they were all gone. They were on blowout pricing last year. I think someone on here got on it. A friend picked one up. He changes bikes regularly but hes keeping the Marshall and rides it quite a bit. Guess he likes it

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks grinch - anyone else? Anybody have a Django 29 for comparison sake?
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I think Blister did a Django review. (By toast)
    They seem nice.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Bible of bike tests did a review. They said it did everything but didn’t really stand out. Kind of a meh review but they didn’t dis on it. For the right price it looks sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Bible of bike tests did a review. They said it did everything but didn’t really stand out. Kind of a meh review but they didn’t dis on it. For the right price it looks sweet.
    I found this Bike mag review of the 27.5+ version of the Marshall, but didn't find one on the 29 version:

https://www.bikemag.com/gear/mountai...MwV1Mh2HlQh.97

I haven't ridden one, but seriously considered it. I think toast liked the Django, which is pretty similar. I prefer the shorter travel and geo numbers (excepting STA) of the Marshall over the Django. Shame the 29 with Eagle is more expensive and in-store only.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I haven't ridden one, but seriously considered it. I think toast liked the Django, which is pretty similar. I prefer the shorter travel and geo numbers (excepting STA) of the Marshall over the Django. Shame the 29 with Eagle is more expensive and in-store only.
    The 29 with SLX 11-spd is very tempting. I strongly prefer Shimano brakes, so would probably select the Shimano over SRAM anyway (even factoring in the 12-spd).

Devinci Marshall 29 - input?

I rode a Django 29er and liked it, but not as much as a Ripley. I ended up getting an Evil Following MB off Pinkbike (12-speed Eagle; XO1) and am happy I did. More playful and suspension feels less leggy in the down; more supple.

In the end, I figured I keep bikes a long time and the $1000 price difference over 7-10 years would be outweighed by the enjoyment of having the bike I really wanted. YMMV...

I think I might grab one of these. I'm traveling to Bend, OR, in mid August, and Evo will ship to their partner store in Bend for free. And no sales tax in OR.

I like devinci's ethos. A touch of extra weight so durability is rarely a problem and they slightly favor bump eating over climbing. 9er so itll still get up and go and good warrantee

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app