Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    When I ship things from my horrible local USPS, I pay and print the label from home, BUT I stand in line and wait for the someone at the counter to scan it and give me proof they actually received it.
    There is a place on the counter to leave prepaid packages, but "I" have lost 2 packages that I have just left on the counter. One was a pair of bindings and one was documents. The Postmaster ensured me that even though there was not tracing record of the item ever being received at his post office, "it will get there".

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    When I ship things from my horrible local USPS, I pay and print the label from home, BUT I stand in line and wait for the someone at the counter to scan it and give me proof they actually received it.
    There is a place on the counter to leave prepaid packages, but "I" have lost 2 packages that I have just left on the counter. One was a pair of bindings and one was documents. The Postmaster ensured me that even though there was not tracing record of the item ever being received at his post office, "it will get there".
    i have been using scheduled pick up. they typically scan the packages into the system as soon as they take them out of my mailbox but this process has been foregone a few times. if shit doesn't improve, i may look into using ups more. they seem to be more on their game as of late. has this been anyone else's experience?
    swing your fucking sword.

There were hours long lines at the Truckee PO the other day --people waiting to pick up packages, because most of Truckee doesn't delivery to the house and the parcel lockers at the cluster boxes are too few and too small. My wife was there the other day and the wait was 15 minutes, so I guess they called in reinforcements.

I ordered 6 pairs of boxer shorts and after 2 and a half weeks got one pair of women's control panties, but I guess I can't blame USPS for that.

My kid sent me a xmas present. I get the key from my mail box, open the parcel locker, there are two boxes--neither for me. I deliver the packages to the woman they were addressed to, she and I go back to the cluster boxes, she gets a key from her mailbox but the packages in the parcel locker were for her too. We wait a week, my package doesn't show up, so my kid gets a refund and sends another present. When I open the parcel locker--there it is, along with the first one, which I sent back.

Here in the Colorado mountains we don't have USPS house delivery. So you get a free PO box at your local USPS outlet. Me and the Mrs pay for an independent Box at the local UPS store. This way they hold our mail while we are away for long periods of time, sign for packages if needed, and we have a physical address of the UPS store if needed. We pay $360 a year for the box. The Mrs constantly questions if this is smart money to spend, and I would pay double that to not have to go to the USPS office to pick up my mail.
    BUT to ship bindings, boots, bike parts, I cant beat the price of USPS Click and Ship, and the ease of paying for it directly from my PayPal account. So thats why I stand in line at the USPS to get a "received" scan for my shipment.

Forgot about this thread. Here's a good one:

When I moved back in July, paid the $40 to update my address with the USPS and set up forwarding.... to this day have not received one piece of forwarded mail.. and those fuckers have been useless in helping me beyond "we'll look into it"

Name:  mab.jpg
Views: 1543
Size:  58.0 KB

I had a rare pa 15 9mm handgun shipped to my ffl-a gun dealer. The box was opened and hidden/smashed under a machine at a sort facility.

They refused to contact the police, atf or anything. They refused to do anything for 30 days then they kept telling me to go to another location or call a number.

I think a guy there mailed himself an empty box and put it in there.

Not USPS but UPS - My dad calls me up and asks to use my shop, he needs to crate up a painting he sold for shipping. As is typically done by my dad, he totally overbuilds it and I make the comment that UPS is going to have to drive over it with a truck in order to destroy it. He sends it off and it gets refused and sent back by buyer for shipping damage.

He gets it back and you guessed it, it was smashed with fucking tire marks right across it.

Currently enjoying the USPS logistics tracking junkshow. Package departed Orlando FL, bound for N. Cal. Package currently in Honolulu. WTF?

I can understand strange routing, but it doesn't usually leave the mainland.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

My mail didn't come until after 7PM several days last week. Mailman is a good guy who is visibly spent. I feel bad for a lot of those folks.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-s...stal-56103878/
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I do A LOT of shipping through USPS from eBay sales, and can attest to the shit show being worse than normal the past 3-4 months. Two weeks ago I shipped eight bubble mailers, six of them going across the country and one going to Alaska. The other one was going about 20 miles up the road from me. Seven of the eight packages have been delivered. Guess which one is still in transit? Before I shipped it I told the lady I could hand deliver it since she was so close, but she said no due to safety concerns. Now I'm getting hate mail from her about why her package hasn't arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Forgot about this thread. Here's a good one:

When I moved back in July, paid the $40 to update my address with the USPS and set up forwarding.... to this day have not received one piece of forwarded mail.. and those fuckers have been useless in helping me beyond "we'll look into it"
    Thats weird, I dont recall paying them a penny and all my mail was forwarded for a year.

Live seasonally in Sandy UT. When we leave in the spring we put a 30 day forward from UT back to WI in the event some mail is in route when we leave. Last December they sent mail back to WI even though the forwarding request had expired the previous May 30th. Also forwarding is only good for six months so they should have stopped it anyway.

When we left when the ski season was cancelled my wife and I had requested absentee ballots for the April WI primary election. We left March 17th and the ballots were mailed to Sandy. The PO forwarded the ballots to our WI address. Absentee ballots are NEVER supposed to be forwarded. So the Sandy PO sent them and our local PO delivered them even though in big letters on the envelopes, "DO NOT FORWARD"

When we left on the 17th of March I went in the day before to give them a forwarding request. The cordial (not) woman at the counter as I handed her the form said it takes seven days for this take effect. I asked why that is? this PO delivers our mail, can't you put this in the appropriate slot for the carrier to see. Her response, "your expectations are way too high"

My Aunt lived in Boston.
    She insisted on sending us a card with some money inside for our birthdays(not complaining, a $50 bill buys a lot of candy when you’re 9).
    In 1987 my card didn’t arrive. It was late. Really late. It arrived in early 1988. It had all kinds of random post marks from all kinds of cities in the US, including one form Managua, Nicaragua.
    Surprisingly, the money was still inside. We kept the envelope because it was more interesting than the card.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    Name:  mab.jpg
Views: 1543
Size:  58.0 KB

I had a rare pa 15 9mm handgun shipped to my ffl-a gun dealer. The box was opened and hidden/smashed under a machine at a sort facility.

They refused to contact the police, atf or anything. They refused to do anything for 30 days then they kept telling me to go to another location or call a number.

I think a guy there mailed himself an empty box and put it in there.
    I call bullshit.

The only way this happened by your story is if the shipper committed a federal crime and got caught. The key to your story is the “machine at a sorting facility”. Firearms, and all Registered Mail, are hand processed, with zero machines involved. If your shipper had followed Federal law, this package would not have gone through a “machine”. And I guarantee Postal Inspectors would have been All Hands On Deck over a missing firearm. Not blowing it off as your post indicates.

I know what I am talking about. Me = retired Postmaster.

*anyone in this thread who claims mail delivery changed recently, you are correct ! I retired in May.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

USPS as of late, has been good. I guess I'm lucky?

FedEx, on the other hand; what in the actual hell. Two separate packages, a month apart, shipped from the Atlanta area to the Portland area took over 12 working days. In some cases, the packages sat a facility for three days. This was earlier this fall when things weren't in lock-down.

Nearly all packages I've received that ship with FedEx are like that; way too slow and follow weird-ass routing patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    My mail didn't come until after 7PM several days last week. Mailman is a good guy who is visibly spent. I feel bad for a lot of those folks.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-s...stal-56103878/
    Our postal mail at home was being delivered for a number of days after dinner or closer to 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm also. Saw the USPS postal truck one night next street over still and driver had a headlamp on to see the stuff...

USPS still sends me emails saying "we're looking for your package" for an item I reported missing 6 months ago. Won't even refund the $60 in postage, let alone the item value.

Saw a mail truck driving around yesterday (Sunday). Since when is that a thing?
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

I don’t want to say anything bad about the post office. We’ve had pretty good service at our current residence and don’t want to do anything that might change that, as I’ve experienced the flip side of that story in other places...

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Currently enjoying the USPS logistics tracking junkshow. Package departed Orlando FL, bound for N. Cal. Package currently in Honolulu. WTF?

I can understand strange routing, but it doesn't usually leave the mainland.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Wow. And those idiots wonder why they're losing money. /FACEPALM

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    USPS still sends me emails saying "we're looking for your package" for an item I reported missing 6 months ago. Won't even refund the $60 in postage, let alone the item value.

It's been happening for years. They do contract delivery for Amazon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80C96D34-C3DC-4F35-9F37-FD23A283E48A.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	351918

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post

Sunday delivery of packages has been a thing since Amazon contract for one (and others maybe now) - it is not first class mail delivery only home delivery of on line orders and probably started from what I remember 2 years ago around Christmas time rush and volume increase and continued after that also.

Best?

UPS lost a pair of skis. How do you loose skis? Wait a week to start investigation. Investigation takes two weeks skis still lost. UPS reimburses sender who sends on second set of skis by dhl. This shipping is all from Europe mind you. Second set of skis arrive promptly. Return home three months after first shipment due to arrive to find a mangled box taped up with my skis. Sold second set of skis, kept first, win.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Best?

UPS lost a pair of skis. How do you loose skis? Wait a week to start investigation. Investigation takes two weeks skis still lost. UPS reimburses sender who sends on second set of skis by dhl. This shipping is all from Europe mind you. Second set of skis arrive promptly. Return home three months after first shipment due to arrive to find a mangled box taped up with my skis. Sold second set of skis, kept first, win.
    honestly, how tf do they lose a pair of skis?

i bought a new 60m rope because i was supposed to rap into some gulleys to scout ice lines while my climbing partner was utarded. ordered it two weeks ago. was supposed to go scout those lines on wednesday. tracking shows that the pacakge hasn't moved from the same facility in 10 days. called usps. they opened an "investigation" five days ago. it is going something like this:
    swing your fucking sword.

Package out for delivery yesterday never showed up, now its on the way to a different USPS facility