Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

That couloir in the background is gnar. Is that the AI-lives-matter-horn?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

it dropped. Didn't realize cody was a zipfit gft guy.

loved the old footage spliced in with the new.

Thanks, Cody, for providing us with such a great journey. While I am selfishly disappointed that "The Fifty" has come to an end, I totally understand. And hope that you continue to show us your awesome adventures, and I wish you luck in nabbing those last lines, whenever that might be.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And BTW, I have totally adopted Vivian's tagline, "let's go have a look" complete with his accent, it is such a fitting and fun line for mountain travel.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks, Cody, for providing us with such a great journey. While I am selfishly disappointed that "The Fifty" has come to an end, I totally understand. And hope that you continue to show us your awesome adventures, and I wish you luck in nabbing those last lines, whenever that might be.

i think cody still puts out a fair numbers of videos for a year but gives him the liberty to do whatever he wants, on a schedule he wants and choose different adventures over the few remaining that are left. Doesn't have randoms calling him out online but but but this isn't a 50!

reminds me he did the social media trend recently that's like 'if i become a millionaire, I wouldn't tell anyone, but there'd be signs' and the sign was deleting social media. i'd feel the same way if I was in his shoes!

loved the project btw really helped me continue falling in love with skiing and the mountains.

Thanks all. To add some context to this episode, I felt like it was necessary to wrap up the series because there will be more in the future. Both in terms of attempting the last four as well as plans of my own for continuing on with the learning, adventuring, friends and fun. But all in all, I needed a bookend to make that transition. There will be something in the future that wraps up the FIFTY and answers the question if we finish or if we don't and why. I have zero idea when that comes out, where it is published and in what form that will be, but there will be a proper conclusion to the story in some shape or form. And next year...there maybe something new coming for YT.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Thanks all. To add some context to this episode, I felt like it was necessary to wrap up the series because there will be more in the future. Both in terms of attempting the last four as well as plans of my own for continuing on with the learning, adventuring, friends and fun. But all in all, I needed a bookend to make that transition. There will be something in the future that wraps up the FIFTY and answers the question if we finish or if we don't and why. I have zero idea when that comes out, where it is published and in what form that will be, but there will be a proper conclusion to the story in some shape or form. And next year...there maybe something new coming for YT.
    Excellent.

So, does that mean none of these are true? I am disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Cody’s going to finally attend law school
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Cody’s taking a step back to learn to tele ski and complete the 50 project with better style
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I heard Cody and Elyse have a new turd-farming venture where they use baby’s poop to supercharge the growth of their new Super Soylent Green food-tritional product. This is the big drop that will lead in to Super Pooper Tuesday next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Cody is quiting skiing to compete on the world pickle ball tour and Elyse is having quintuplets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Cody is RFK Jr's pick for VP
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Kate Middleton just finished the 50 ahead of him, she completed the last ones in secret, that's why she's been missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    He's obviously running for senate. Time for skiers to take over the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Found the joy of kite skiing and re-evaluated his meaning in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Launching new line of men's facial hair care products

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    He's going to Paris to become a male Model.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Cody and Bjarne are taking their relationship to the next level. The Fifty is then morphing into a home makeover show as they bicker over how to consolidate their van-life setups into a new giant motorhome.
    Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    Quit the Fity to become Ultimate Fanboy for Brock Purdy for MVP. Believe in the GSA to take over for Cody and complete the Fifty with Bjarne.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride. It has been a joy to watch the storytelling get better and better.
    Now I guess I will just go rewatch them all.

Was waiting for this one so I could start back from the beginning again.

Thanks for making these, Alkasqwalik!

Yes, thanks! Have really enjoyed the series.

Video really captured the Eastern Sierras and makes me want to go back. Really have enjoyed following along on your adventures. Thanks for keeping it real

Have absolutely loved the series and feeling like I’m along on this journey just watching from my computer/ tv. Loved it from the start but the evolution of everything fifty has been cool to watch along the way. Look forward to whatever Cody does in the future, fifty related or not.

This is the only episode I haven’t rushed to watch the second it came out. I don’t want it to be over. Thanks Cody for taking us on this journey. It’s been super fun to watch, and definitely excited to see what you do next!

The FIFTY

OVER?!?! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?! We say when it’s over!

https://youtu.be/V8lT1o0sDwI

hell of a journey, thank you for sharing.

The Fifty project perfectly distilled what skiing means to me--being outside, having fun, connecting with people, learning always. The honest takes and humility displayed, along with the absence of forced profundities made this series so fun and cringe-free. I'm looking forward to watching it for years to come, and showing it to my kids when they're ready. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Just don't ever attempt the N Face of Robson. Please? Pretty please?

I enjoyed that episode a lot. Probably because Bloody was my first ( if I recall correctly) backcountry adventure 25 ish years ago. Makes me want to hit it later this spring.

The Fifty is a good time and I appreciate being able to live vicariously through the episodes

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just don't ever attempt the N Face of Robson. Please? Pretty please?
    Actually the N face of Robson in the right conditions is not a death fall.
    When zee snow sticks to zee ice.
    Ooh la la.
    September for the timing of that.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Actually the N face of Robson in the right conditions is not a death fall.
    When zee snow sticks to zee ice.
    Ooh la la.
    September for the timing of that.
    I know you know your shit at a much higher level than me, but my counter question would be: then why has it only been skied twice? Would you want either of your very skilled kids to attempt it?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Cody, awesome episode 46, perfect ending.

So I have it correct, the 4 left are Robson, University Peak, Mt Saint Elias and Comstock?

Be safe

Have fun

Complete the 50

University seems crazy.
    Elias seems like a .0001% weather window trip.
    Robson, idk how it ever got skied before, would be cool but insanely risky.

Good luck with your future endeavors!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks for all the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I know you know your shit at a much higher level than me, but my counter question would be: then why has it only been skied twice? Would you want either of your very skilled kids to attempt it?
    Love to see my offspring ski it in the right conditions.
    Snow sticking to that blue ice ain't common however.
    September for the best chance.

There's folks doing rad stuff under the radar.
    Used to be one of them.
    Robson's been skied more than twice.
    I do believe one would clear the bergschrund in a fall...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It’s a sheet of ice to which on very rare occasions skiable snow will stick. It only gets skied when someone with the skills (significant but not superhuman) and intention monitors it obsessively until that happens, so you pretty much need to move to Valemount for 10 years.

The FIFTY

Cody, bjarne, and family are moving?

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make the content. Creating the content is like a second and third job beyond the skiing. I imagine when standing on most of the peaks you all did for the project, you all saw dozens of more lines you’d like to ski.

Question: was Vivian employed as a paid guide when on Baffin Island?