Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    1 vote for the Black Diamond "Boundary Probe" pole: http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com...11538_cfg.html

Price $120 (same as Razor)

Both have aluminum upper, carbon lower, but:

I like the grips better than the Razor
    I like that the upper is 16mm + lower 14mm vs. 14mm + 12mm of Razor
    I like that it is only 20g (1oz) heavier
    Both have tacky texture on aluminum upper
    I like the Flick Lock Pro over the regular Flick Lock on the Razor (flick lock pro only on Razor Pro)
    I agree with this. I forgot about the probe pole, and forgot they make it. I have a 10? year old version of this. Not good as a probe, but I guess you could give it to somebody in a search as an extra. The extra diameter makes a big difference.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I agree with this. I forgot about the probe pole, and forgot they make it. I have a 10? year old version of this. Not good as a probe, but I guess you could give it to somebody in a search as an extra. The extra diameter makes a big difference.
    agree the diameter does make a big difference and also that as a probe, it is not a replacement but it does work. what year is it? 2019? I guess that means mine are 4 or 5 years old and going real strong. i did wrap the upper section in tennis handle tape because mine doesnt have that textured paint on top

I'm with GregL on this one. Second season on Leki Haute Route for both the wife and I and their still functioning perfectly and unbent. Also love the grip shape for putting my hands on top of the grip while skinning.

My 7 yr old BD Traverse are now self adjusting so I'm looking for new poles. Not thrilled with the new BD grips, so how are the lower priced Leki Tour Vario?

I assume the Speedlock2 mechanism on the Haute Route is better, but if I get 5 yrs out of a set I'm fine.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Friend has the K2 lockjaws, and the clamping mechanism is pretty sturdy.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    My 7 yr old BD Traverse are now self adjusting so I'm looking for new poles. Not thrilled with the new BD grips,
    Not sure specifically which ones (their current grips vary a bit) but the Expedition series grips are awesome imo, different from the new Traverse series and very nice, assuming these are gonna be toured with

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Not sure specifically which ones (their current grips vary a bit) but the Expedition series grips are awesome imo, different from the new Traverse series and very nice, assuming these are gonna be toured with
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    +2 on Expedition, I really like the long foam grip and it's holding up really well after 4 seasons of abuse. I hated the rubbery version which is now discontinued, it would always get lose and move down the pole. The foam grip is an extension of the handle and stays in place.
    I clear a fair amount of dead branches while skinning and despite attacking some rather large specimens the lower aluminum section has remained in one piece and is barely bent. For the price it's a really good option.