Page 220 of 242 FirstFirst ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 6026
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Horse View Post
    DW + Ghost Train.
    I agree with the above. In untracked deep the ghost train is the most fun, and the DW is the most versatile for everything else.

Moment Skis Discussion

This was my original plan (DW+GT), but I took a core shot last week on the DWs and was skiing my WC118s on a small amount of fresh and the following day with no refresh and remembered how fun that ski is even in low tide, but the Ghost Train should be plenty surfy for Japow, right?

I find the GT much more surfy the the WC. Plus it has more float. Where the wildcat pulls ahead IMO is cut up pow and chop.

Name:  Moments.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  78.9 KB

How much more playful are the DWs compared to Wildcats? I love how stiff the Wildcat 108s are for charging, but this leaves room for a more buttery ski in my quiver IMO. Are DW more buttery?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Name:  Moments.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  78.9 KB
    That’s a chair I would jump in with as a single

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Quote Originally Posted by Velomayniac View Post
    How much more playful are the DWs compared to Wildcats? I love how stiff the Wildcat 108s are for charging, but this leaves room for a more buttery ski in my quiver IMO. Are DW more buttery?
    no they are still stiff skis as well. They just slash and pivot extremely easy to slow things down. I would not call them buttery

A buttery moment ski would be the frankenski, triple camber center mounted and soft.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    A buttery moment ski would be the frankenski, triple camber center mounted and soft.
    100%

What do we think of a CB 193 vs a WC 190 as a compliment pow ski to my 194 GT. Both seem very versatile but my love of the Meridian has me thinking CB and I don’t see much overlap with the GT. GT = pure pow CB = chop. Am I wrong in this thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    What do we think of a CB 193 vs a WC 190 as a compliment pow ski to my 194 GT. Both seem very versatile but my love of the Meridian has me thinking CB and I don’t see much overlap with the GT. GT = pure pow CB = chop. Am I wrong in this thinking?
    Haven’t skied the GT, but have 193 CB and have had 190 Bibby for years. The CB destroys chop and is what I reach for when we get any cream. Really fun ski in creamy snow, no speed limit and slarve forever. CB is surprisingly versatile when the snow gets shitty. I had meridians, but sold them, kept the CB FWIW. Wildcat is more business and a titch less fun to me than the CB. In the end, get them all!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Haven’t skied the GT, but have 193 CB and have had 190 Bibby for years. The CB destroys chop and is what I reach for when we get any cream. Really fun ski in creamy snow, no speed limit and slarve forever. CB is surprisingly versatile when the snow gets shitty. I had meridians, but sold them, kept the CB FWIW. Wildcat is more business and a titch less fun to me than the CB. In the end, get them all!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Get them all" bad influence.... I love it. I've noticed a solid amount of float out of the CTs with those wider shovels hence why I like the idea of the nanner as the pow day steam roller. Really don't think I could miss either way.

I'm really thinking of whittling down the quiver:
    GT, CT, C98 with the DW112 doing duty as a travel and BC ski (currently mounted with cast).
    Of course I can't get rid of the OG Bibbys as early/late season soft snow/rock skis (obviously) and then there's the Frankenskis I stole from my kid (didn't cost anything) and the Comis for my aspirational AK trip (hot tip: don't drink on a plane with WiFi). Oh well... Gotta catch'em all I guess or whatever the kids say nowadays.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I dunno. I see a ton of GT overlap. Kitty and train covers pretty much all conditions. Can’t see the CB playing nice at low tide.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I dunno. I see a ton of GT overlap. Kitty and train covers pretty much all conditions. Can’t see the CB playing nice at low tide.
    im actually considering moving on from my 190wc now that I have GT’s in 194.

If I can stab a Coutach in between the CBs and Meridians I already own, I’ll be set. I have chosen the Meridians over my 110 Enforcers this season because the Nordicas just don’t really speak to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I currently have a Meridian and Countach for low ish tide. Low low tide I bust out then Mirus Cor to really dial things back and dick around. Was thinking the banana would be my chop day pow ski. GT for the deep.

I've been thinking along similar lines. I really like the Countach, and have also been impressed with the Meridian, so if I'm going wider because the chop or conditions are too deep for the Countach, why not jump right over the WC and go to the CB?

Then for untouched pow something like the GT or a Protest.

Got the last 194 Countach on the website. I was going to back and forth between the Countach and 191 E110 Free, I hope I made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Horse View Post
    I've been thinking along similar lines. I really like the Countach, and have also been impressed with the Meridian, so if I'm going wider because the chop or conditions are too deep for the Countach, why not jump right over the WC and go to the CB?

Then for untouched pow something like the GT or a Protest.
    We are on the same wave length...

What would really be sick is. 122/124 Countach

What would really be sick is. 122/124 Countach
    What do you think I ski in Alaska?

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    I wound have thought the comi. Don’t you guys send a decent amount of those to ops up there? CB too?

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Sooooo when can I buy it?

I think that would be a perfect pow compliment to the GT. Probably would float a bit better than a CB/WC with the wider shovel and mount point.

I really have fallen in love with the CT. It just feels so damn dialed and I find myself reaching for that over anything else in my quiver until it’s a GT day.

Sooooo when can I buy it?

I think that would be a perfect pow compliment to the GT. Probably would float a bit better than a CB/WC with the wider shovel and mount point.

I really have fallen in love with the CT. It just feels so damn dialed and I find myself reaching for that over anything else in my quiver until it’s a GT day.
    It actually kind of existed before as the Commander 124 but it didnt sell well.

Not sure if we will ever make it for the public.