Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1250
    Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Also missed opportunity here, Slatnar could have been Slat-gnar

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I had the exact same thought
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Slat-gnar first look https://the-high-route.com/first-look-slatnar-bindings/

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ezgzy View Post
    https://shop.slatnar.com/product/tou...ndings-st-1-0/ direct via the manufacturer comes out to 414 shipped to the US for me
    Do we have any idea of what the mount pattern is? Similar to any other major brands?

Kevino, it is a unique mount pattern, and I have not seen any paper templates/jigs for it. Skimo has it detailed already on their mount pattern chart. I also asked them the question on the product page to which they replied they are able to mount, but not much else besides that.

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Do we have any idea of what the mount pattern is? Similar to any other major brands?

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Checking in from THR - as Pins and Skins said, mount pattern is unique and there are no paper templates thus far. I went on a bit of an odyssey with a set of calipers and a pencil mounting the test pair. It went pretty smooth measuring and drawing out the heel and one toe hole, then mounting and getting a boot in the binding before drilling the next three toe holes. Not as easy as using my MottN jig, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by apocequip307 View Post
    Checking in from THR - as Pins and Skins said, mount pattern is unique and there are no paper templates thus far. I went on a bit of an odyssey with a set of calipers and a pencil mounting the test pair. It went pretty smooth measuring and drawing out the heel and one toe hole, then mounting and getting a boot in the binding before drilling the next three toe holes. Not as easy as using my MottN jig, that's for sure!
    Pro tip to measure hole spacing. Measure to the outside edges of a hole pair, and then subtract one hole diameter.

Or ... do as xxx-er says and use the binder as your template.

I like a combination of both. Creating a template for the heel allows me to fiddle with the position in the track. The toe holes get drilled one at a time in any case.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Or just measure outside edge to inside edge. Thanks mniaw

Hello, I am part of the team at Slatnar company. I help to develop our ski touring bindings. I can upload paper template, just it is to big file size.
    I uploaded it here: https://docdro.id/wPgCePI
    Last edited by samokham; 11-25-2023 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samokham View Post
    Hello, I am part of the team at Slatnar company. I help to develop our ski touring bindings. I can upload paper template, just it is to big file size.
    I uploaded it here: https://docdro.id/wPgCePI
    Who’s the brave soul trusting enough to risk having their identity stolen by spyware to look at a template for a binding that’s not out. Must be one huge high definition template to not be able to be uploaded.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    Who’s the brave soul trusting enough to risk having their identity stolen by spyware to look at a template for a binding that’s not out. Must be one huge high definition template to not be able to be uploaded.

I bet it’s cause he’s a new user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I bet it’s cause he’s a new user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just like anybody who dares to ski a binding in its first season of sales to the general public.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Or just measure outside edge to inside edge. Thanks mniaw
    Very true! The "pointy" parts of my dial caliper measure either inside to inside, or outside to outside :-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

For those who have mounted Alpinists with heel shims - where did you get the longer screws? I can't for the life of me fine one that is 6mm longer than stock. Every shop in whistler came up dry, the best they had were ~4mm longer.

Quote Originally Posted by tupp_ View Post
    For those who have mounted Alpinists with heel shims - where did you get the longer screws? I can't for the life of me fine one that is 6mm longer than stock. Every shop in whistler came up dry, the best they had were ~4mm longer.
    Heel shims?
    Curious - why destroy the low ramp angle?

The delta is actually negative with the boots I am using, and I prefer a positive delta of ~4mm. Especially with a more upright boot. Personal preference!

Is it a bad idea to mount a 300g binding like the trab vario with vwerks katana? I would mount them with an atk universal spacer so I don't beat too hard on the pins.

I went with Vario.2s on my 177 KVWs that’ll just be seeing touring use, but looking back I’d go with the ATK “R08A - XXL Toe Adjustment Plate” for a little more toe security to fall within the reinforced Volkl H area. Available on skimo.co

Relating to your question overall, though, it more depends on your use scenario and whether a 300g binding is appropriate or not. If it is for what you’re looking for and appropriate, I’d say go for it!

I use the mtn on vwerks katanas, my third pair already absolutely no issues

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    I went with Vario.2s on my 177 KVWs that’ll just be seeing touring use, but looking back I’d go with the ATK “R08A - XXL Toe Adjustment Plate” for a little more toe security to fall within the reinforced Volkl H area. Available on skimo.co
    This is pretty sweet.

I have Trab toes paired with speed superlight heels on 187 Billy Goat tours (118 mm wide), no issues so far. I've skied pretty hard on them but I haven't taken any falls or had any releases that would really test the toe screws. And no landing switch in pow, which is a killer for toe rip outs.

I can see the appeal of a wider mounting area but I can also see the appeal of direct mounting a <200g binding. Particularly because the plate is 52g and 5 mm thick. If you need plates under the toes and the heels … it does add up so at some point you might as well just go with an ATK FR or similar 300g binding vs a <200g binding. There's something outrageous about a 170g binding on a big ski.

Dunno, I haven't exactly figured out what a 300g binding use scenario is. I couldn't discern a significant difference between skiing with the Vipecs I've used since their initial release on various skis and the Varios. I prefer a relatively light setup for big days and couloir boot packing. I like simple bindings with low fiddle factor because I am a clutz on transitions. The Vario performed well last season, but it developed some play in the adjustment plate. I believe the ATK spacer could solve that issue. I I want a burlier ski for the high traffic heavy snow coastal BC, but I don't want to go too much up in weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Dunno, I haven't exactly figured out what a 300g binding use scenario is. I couldn't discern a significant difference between skiing with the Vipecs I've used since their initial release on various skis and the Varios. I prefer a relatively light setup for big days and couloir boot packing. I like simple bindings with low fiddle factor because I am a clutz on transitions. The Vario performed well last season, but it developed some play in the adjustment plate. I believe the ATK spacer could solve that issue. I I want a burlier ski for the high traffic heavy snow coastal BC, but I don't want to go too much up in weight.
    brakeless raider, probably, is the burliest/weight trade. Alternatively, Haute route with freeride spacer added.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    i run brakeless MTNs with freeride spacers. Maybe it might surpass the 300 g threshold but i love that setup. I ski on heavier/generally shittier snow most of the time with it.

I’m on alpinists on all of my touring skis, just a hair under 300 grams. For me it’s the perfect balance of skiing an uphill performance. A version with a freeride spacer is in the works for next season which i’ll add to both of my wider skis when it’s available, but for now i’m really happy with them as is

In case anyone was wondering what the U spring released at:
    my Alpinist 10 I just mounted had a vertical release right around 8.