Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1250

Alpinist hard to unlock

I just got 2 pairs of Marker Alpinist.
    I find I have to push very hard on the toe lever to unlock (walk > ski).
    I can’t do it with just my thumb or pole, and when I use my whole hand, I have to push so hard that I often “overshoot” and open the toe pins up.

I gave it some time, and also locked and unlocked a bunch on the bench too, to see if they would “break in”, but so far no change.
    My friend has an older pair, and he says he has no issues.

How are other people’s Alpinists in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaardbreeuwer View Post
    I just got 2 pairs of Marker Alpinist.
    I find I have to push very hard on the toe lever to unlock (walk > ski).
    I can’t do it with just my thumb or pole, and when I use my whole hand, I have to push so hard that I often “overshoot” and open the toe pins up.

I gave it some time, and also locked and unlocked a bunch on the bench too, to see if they would “break in”, but so far no change.
    My friend has an older pair, and he says he has no issues.

How are other people’s Alpinists in this regard?
    No issues with previous iteration of 10s, I push them out if walk mode with pole without effort

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Need help with my new m tours 108. Unfortunately out of spare titan varios and plan using these pretty hard. Wanna keep the ski trab toe but hate the new heel. I see auvgeek likes the ssl heel but I have had bad luck with dynafit. Atk heel seems good but heavy.

Thinking about trying out the plum r170s since I have some friends who swear by them- but no trab toe then

Someone make this decision for me

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Why not keep the Trab toe and use a gara heel on an adjustment plate, or a plum R170 heel?

Not sure why you can't mate the Trab toe to the Plum R170 heel? Go for it if you that's your desire.

However, the SSL2.0 heel is a great heel and certainly up to the task of hard skiing. The only real downside is it doesn't have a official flat mode, but if that's not a big deal to you they work very well. I run Steel radical toes and SSL2.0 heel on my pow touring skis (120mm underfoot) and they are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by old mexico View Post
    Need help with my new m tours 108. Unfortunately out of spare titan varios and plan using these pretty hard. Wanna keep the ski trab toe but hate the new heel. I see auvgeek likes the ssl heel but I have had bad luck with dynafit. Atk heel seems good but heavy.

Thinking about trying out the plum r170s since I have some friends who swear by them- but no trab toe then

Someone make this decision for me

Which ATK heels seem heavy?

I’ve had the common issues with the risers on the heel and preleased on the 3 pairs I had, so for the marginal weight penalty I’m not super thrilled on atks. It’s really not the weight that’s the issue but people here seems to run that combo so it’s worth considering

I think I might try the slatnar heel, seems like it’s the tits and a Frankenbinding with the trab toe with the slatnar heel seems to provide the best upsides of each binding.

R170 heel wouldn’t be bad but I’m not sure they offer much besides reliability and simplicity. Din is a little low too at 8

Slatnar cheaper directly from their website: https://shop.slatnar.com/product-cat...ring-bindings/

They also have a brakes option now, but sort of heavy and clunky from the looks of it

Trab toe with R170 heel. Only complaint is the trab blue and plum red color combo hurts my matchy matchy sensibilities

Ugh really wish the slatnars went up a step in DIN to 12-13ish range and had less heel/toe delta, otherwise looks perfect.

Anyone out there got some Trab toes laying around that they want to sell? Hit me up.

Also, for everyone looking for a full metal sub 200g heel piece that has 6-12 RV w/ multiple risers that you do not need to twist to engage is going to be happy with a new offering from ATK next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Anyone out there got some Trab toes laying around that they want to sell? Hit me up.

Also, for everyone looking for a full metal sub 200g heel piece that has 6-12 RV w/ multiple risers that you do not need to twist to engage is going to be happy with a new offering from ATK next year.

! Would be cool if they fit the ro1 track, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    ! Would be cool if they fit the ro1 track, but I doubt it.
    You're going to be happy in that case.

I don't remember seeing this in next year's catalog, care to share any more details?

This sounds like an ATK Haute Route 12 Plus... I'm not sure why the plus version hasn't already come to America.

Looking to potentially retire my current setup (vision 108’s with voyager 12’s) to drop some weight with hopefully a minimal drop in ski performance.

Set on the new Atomic Backland 109 FR’s to drop around 70 grams on the ski front. Completely set on either the ski trab vario. 2 or gara toes (whatever minimizes ramp angle the most).

On the tech heel side, I want a heel that weighs ~100 grams or less, no heel gap (sits flush on the boot), cam style pins, good risers without having to spin the heel to switch between flat and high, and elastic compensation. All my research says it doesn’t exist. Is there anything in the works that at least comes close? Current idea is to run alpinist heels (no brakes) and then purchase one of those modified risers. Only thing alpinist is lacking is the cam style pins. Does ATK have an offering in the works that’s both light and has fire and aft elastic compensation?

Accept the heel gap and do the RT 10 evo heel.

Quote Originally Posted by carterhudson View Post
    Looking to potentially retire my current setup (vision 108’s with voyager 12’s) to drop some weight with hopefully a minimal drop in ski performance.

Set on the new Atomic Backland 109 FR’s to drop around 70 grams on the ski front. Completely set on either the ski trab vario. 2 or gara toes (whatever minimizes ramp angle the most).

On the tech heel side, I want a heel that weighs ~100 grams or less, no heel gap (sits flush on the boot), cam style pins, good risers without having to spin the heel to switch between flat and high, and elastic compensation. All my research says it doesn’t exist. Is there anything in the works that at least comes close? Current idea is to run alpinist heels (no brakes) and then purchase one of those modified risers. Only thing alpinist is lacking is the cam style pins. Does ATK have an offering in the works that’s both light and has fire and aft elastic compensation?
    G3 Zed is probably the lightest weight binding with all of those features. But you're asking for a fully featured heel and fully featured heels don't weigh 100g.
    Last edited by bfree; 04-09-2024 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carterhudson View Post
    Vario2 and Gara Titan toes are functionally identical, except the Vario2 toes have a 4mm shim included, and you can buy that shim aftermarket

The haute route plus comes over here for next year.

I looked through the catalog again and I don't know which binding he's talking about. There's no 12 din cam heel on an r01 track that I'm seeing. There's the kuluar which switches to the r01 but that's a u-spring

Quote Originally Posted by Jason4 View Post
    This sounds like an ATK Haute Route 12 Plus... I'm not sure why the plus version hasn't already come to America.
    ^^^ the above was a response to you

Haute route plus is already here.

https://skimo.co/atk-haute-route-plus

There is also a good deal on them at Oliunud

https://www.oliunid.com/atk-haute-ro...-bindings.html

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    The haute route plus comes over here for next year.

I looked through the catalog again and I don't know which binding he's talking about. There's no 12 din cam heel on an r01 track that I'm seeing. There's the kuluar which switches to the r01 but that's a u-spring
    I did not mean to create any confusion, but needed to keep things vague. It's basically a Kuluar, on the RO1 track, with two heel risers instead of one. Not a cam heel (which is a bummer) and I am not sure if it is in the catalog or not.

No worries, I interpreted your original comment as not needing to turn the heel between flat and riser, but I think you were just saying between the two riser heights. I got excited.

Anyone had a chance to try the new Salomon MTN / Atomic Backland summit? Toe piece is plastic, heel has 8mm of elasticity and they kept the same hole pattern. Heel risers look different, so hopefully improved?