Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    There will be no line to buy tickets there, I can guarantee it!

They only sell day tickets online.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well, we posted up outside the gate last night - prob 6-7 cars total. Didn’t open today. And they booted us out of the FS (public) parking area this morning. Claimed it was eldora owned land a which it isn’t. Kinda bogus, and a bit of attitude vs any appreciation of the effort. But we relented and headed back down.
    Talking to base and lift ops, maybe it opens tmrw afternoon, but most likely Saturday. No employees up there today, other than plow and front loader.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Well, we posted up outside the gate last night - prob 6-7 cars total. Didn’t open today. And they booted us out of the FS (public) parking area this morning. Claimed it was eldora owned land a which it isn’t. Kinda bogus, and a bit of attitude vs any appreciation of the effort. But we relented and headed back down.
    Talking to base and lift ops, maybe it opens tmrw afternoon, but most likely Saturday. No employees up there today, other than plow and front loader.
    props

Could you tell if the snow up there was wet and thick?

Oh, I’m not falling for that one again.

Jk Nice, gg on the intel man. Thanks!

Also they cleared the stake this morning at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

The snow is absolutely prime! Not this heavy stuff back in town

Looks like tomorrow is unlikely to open as well.

Does anyone know how long they closed for the upslope storm in 2003-ish? My buddy lived up Magnolia at the time and he had some ungodly amount of snow when he went back up to dig out.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Does anyone know how long they closed for the upslope storm in 2003-ish? My buddy lived up Magnolia at the time and he had some ungodly amount of snow when he went back up to dig out.
    I remember drinking beers outside on Pearl Street wearing gators. That was a fun storm.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

That was the St. Patrick's Day storm in 2003. I don't recall how Eldora dealt with it, but it was historic in many ways, e.g., huge avalanches along I-70 and 40, one of them near Silverplume. The Chasm Meadows patrol cabin in RMNP (built in 1931) was destroyed by an avalanche. And on and on.

In Boulder, I remember having to keep a full-size snow shovel in the truck, just so I could dig out a parking spot when going to the grocery store, etc.

The upside was that there was some great spring skiing after things settled down.

That was also when they closed the shelf road mid day and everyone at the mtn had to spend the night in the lodge. I don’t remember how long it stayed closed for tho.
    A buddy tried for caribou yesterday but couldn’t get up. I’m sure some have made it up there. But also major clusterfuck risk on that road!

Here the County grader is in the ditch so no Eldora today? We will see how my source is.

Eldora just posted that ^^^
    They’re basically saying come this weekend or next week at this point.

So, clusterfuck … Saturday!?! Looks like they don’t feel good about this afternoon but haven’t ruled it out. It’s tempting to go get some lunch in ned and see how things play out. Buseys is quite decent.

Buddy and I just posted up at salto for optionality! But man, lots of sun on those slopes this PM - not ideal

No, that shits going to be mashed potatoes when it opens. Or wind fucked.

Yes it was absolute windblown hardpack, typically Eldora.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	732206649.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	490613

Their Fri 1230 update hit at 1:15… limited opening, but sheriff has cars still stopped at the high school. We’ll see.
    They also say storm came in heavy and wet - I can attest to cold dry yesterday, but it’s def heated up today!

Well the bar is open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4428.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	699.7 KB 
ID:	490634

Hey Tang I hope u got some laps in up there. I really had no faith they’d open today. Damn.

We got turns. Honestly the first couple runs was downhill poling. It was 4 ft condensed down to 1 ft - pretty wild how heavy it was. With just alpeng open, it was hard to find any non sun affected, even in the trees. But once cut up, it was dang fun. And yes, timbers open for $10 beers!
    Clouds rolled in at end which is good news.
    IP and Corona were saved for tmrw - should be better stashes in there.
    No wind yet all.

Eldora clusterfuck Friday?

We got turns. Honestly the first couple runs was downhill poling. It was 4 ft condensed down to 1 ft - pretty wild how heavy it was. With just alpeng open, it was hard to find any non sun affected, even in the trees. But once cut up, it was dang fun. And yes, timbers open for $10 beers!
    Clouds rolled in at end which is good news.
    IP and Corona were saved for tmrw - should be better stashes in there.
    No wind yet all.
    Thx for the intel. Trying to decide if it is worth it to rush up in the morning or just go for the afternoon. Seems like a lot of people will have dreams of 48” of blower pow, doesn’t sound like the case even over at Corona or IP. Still, wow, much snow!!!

Hmmm. Glad u got some turns in!!!

^^^ yep a bit of a conundrum , we’re in same boat. Leaning going up early just to see the Corona side fresh after this storm. But not a lot of expectations conditions-wise

^^^ yep a bit of a conundrum , we’re in same boat. Leaning going up early just to see the Corona side fresh after this storm. But not a lot of expectations conditions-wise
    Right? I decided to go later esp since my GF isn’t a powder hound. Kinda a zig when others zag kinda thing, maybe. Hope it’s good if ya go early. I’ll be up there by 11 or so if ya wan grab a beer, first ones on me for your commendable efforts.

Thumbs up! The eldo Fri evening update looks grim (basalt lava flow is used) but I’m just curious! PM will almost certainly be better tho

So how was it? I took the basalt lava flow guidance and did not effort a trip today