Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    How come The Hague gets a "the"? Either everyone gets one or nobody, I say.
    because the dutch are fuck heads

Den Haag from Des Graven Hage, which means "the counts' hedge" and refers to the fact that Dutch noblemen once used the land for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I spent a year one weekend in the Hague.
    that's how I feel about the place

we've got The Dalles out here in OR

California has The I-5.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Irn Bru = syrup with some carbonation

Do not be tempted to order a hamburger anywhere. Or, just let your wife order one and take a pic at first bite!

Breakfast will be remarkably similar at each B& B — you’ll see what I mean...it’s almost a meme if it weren’t so sincere

I’ve always wanted to hit the Orkneys, but it’s always such a commitment. In the winter, it must be exquisitely stormy, barren and lonely
    As is coke, but its different and cures a hangover, magic.

that breakfast is eaten by many
    daily.
    its sincere alright.

The Orkneys are incredible, barren, historic ( the first man and Viking stuff alone is mind blowing) gorgeous and home of Highland Park, one of my favourite whiskys and a cool tour. Could not in good conscious recommend it in Dec. Even in the spring when I went there was a touch of why the fk does anyone live here....

Some quality suggestions and thread drift. The Orkneys look super cool but I think I will save those for a summer trip. I am also very interested in checking out the Faroe Islands at some point (in the summer). I think we are going to make a strong push to visit Skye for a few days, but will have a back up plan of staying more on the interior depending on the weather. I have been to the Highlands before, but was mainly concentrated around the Fort William area and still regret not having enough time to rent a mountain bike. Glen Coe was one of the more beautiful places I have ever been.

I kinda liked my time in The Hague. I was there (twice) primarily for business, but got out each night. (On one of those trips I appeared in court as an attorney of record in Utrecht.) I found the Dutch people to be engaging, albeit not warm and fuzzy. The Dutch speak the Queen's English. Several Dutch people advised that I looked to be from Denmark.

Re Scotland in December: Be flexible. The weather can absolutely suck. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Even in the spring when I went there was a touch of why the fk does anyone live here....
    Because of this magical elixir known as Highland Park 25 year old Whisky Proof DOG loves us.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Because of this magical elixir known as Highland Park 25 year old Whisky Proof DOG loves us.
    they do ship it off the island, fyi.

Super cheap non-stop SLC-UK flights for March. Considering pulling the trigger but I was wondering about the weather. I guess it's hit or miss reading through this thread. I think I'm primarily interested in a west coast road trip/Skye area but haven't really studied the area.

Sláinte!

Try to sip BruichLaddich Black Art 1990 23 year old. The best scotch that I have ever tasted
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

To willing travel in December in Scotland isn't worth it to me. Go in June when there is a lot more daylight and gloaming so there is a chance to see the beautiful countryside in sunlight. Raining sideways is common as is other types of rain.

I spent a lot of time in Scotland and brought the same clothes summer and winter. When it snows there is some fun skiing at Glenshee and Cairngorms.

If you go just be glad you aren't stuck on a submarine tied up to a submarine tender moored in Holy Loch.

Try to get your hands on a bottle, or at least the taste of this. Previously, I have tasted the 23-year-old, And it was phenomenal. Can’t wait to open this l Older brother (26) later tonightClick image for larger version. 

Name:	A20A14E0-3348-4C25-B6AE-8E5A1C70DCC5.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	305842
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Our neighbor's Glaswegian sister use to come visit her in Truckee for the great weather here . . . in the winter.