Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Yesterday morning was a bit of a shit show, but keeping upper mt closed was the right call. 100mph gusts are no joke especially with chairs at half capacity. Beers in the sun at Campbell basin were pretty good though

A friend and I spent a collective 8 hours on hold trying to get the canceled-but actually-skied-reservation warnings removed. They claimed to add the same 'notes in the system', to our files, but previously on a call I was told there was no way to add notes to my file.

Quote Originally Posted by timeo View Post
    I made a reservation for me and my two kids to ski on Monday 11/30. Found out the kids still had school on Monday so I canceled one of the kids reservation on 11/23 and the other on 11/29. So I ski alone on 11/30 and it was great, until Ikon sends me the shitty warning email on 12/1 that two parties on my reservation were no-shows, WTF??

I login to my Ikon account and my 11/30 reservation lists ONE person, so why the warning email??? Double WTF.

Call Ikon and am on hold for over 2 hours?!?! They login to my account and see what I am seeing, they also say that on their end they can see I logged in on 11/23 and 11/29 but can't tell what exactly I did. So long story short, Ikon rep passes me to a supervisor who says, "yeah, this system is messed up since it was put together at the last minute" and claims to add some notes to my account that I canceled the two kids and shouldn't have received the warning.

I am wondering if they will ever start banning people who they claim are not following the reservation policies when their system clearly is not reliable. If they tried to ban me for non-existent violations I would flat out sue them in small claims court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Yeah, this is a total clusterfuck on the reservation end, I can't believe they will actually try and enforce it based on all the problems they are having. I have no problem w/ the requirement for reservations to manage COVID but the system clearly isn't working.

If I have to buy day tickets to keep skiing if they ban my pass I will just add the $$ on to the lawsuit or more likely dispute the Ikon pass charges and/or day tickets on my credit card and make Alterra battle my CC company for the $$.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Just noticed reservations are available for tomorrow and Sunday....

I think we will see a lot of weekends opening up in the last two days before as people who locked those days in have change of plans. Likely a lot of folks making last minute decisions to do Xmas stuff instead of ski tomorrow. I know I planned to ski tomorrow but had to cancel to get some work done.
    Don’t expect Jan/feb storm days to free up though.

Pretty day. little bit of breeze, groomers doing a good job but rocks showing up. Big lift lines by 11.

Notes to self:
    Fuck weekends in COVID
    Never use the singles line.

Rocks on Lucky Shot in December?

Say it's not so!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Thought it was actually skiing pretty decent for early December. Pretty easy to avoid rocks. Green valley had some nice soft snow in spots. Good day of skiing minus the wind.

Crystal operations on the other hand....

Got directed into H lot at 830am thinking how is everything full.

Shuttles were a fucking mess. People loading in b, c, e and then riding down and back up so no one could get on. Waited for ten minutes and walked. Got to b, fucking empty. Asked the director why they were pushing to h lot. "were trying to fill it early so the sledders won't park in our lots" wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post

Got directed into H lot at 830am thinking how is everything full.

Shuttles were a fucking mess. People loading in b, c, e and then riding down and back up so no one could get on. Waited for ten minutes and walked. Got to b, fucking empty. Asked the director why they were pushing to h lot. "were trying to fill it early so the sledders won't park in our lots" wtf.
    Is this a ski area parking policy they teach at the Wharton School?
    This has to be the dumbest idea yet.

Frank, please take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Is this a ski area parking policy they teach at the Wharton School?
    This has to be the dumbest idea yet.

Frank, please take note.
    Normally I would have just driven up to b anyway to see if there was anything but we asked the guy if b was full. "yeah that's why you need to park here in H"
    Okay sure.
    Walk up the hill.
    What the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Normally I would have just driven up to b anyway to see if there was anything but we asked the guy if b was full. "yeah that's why you need to park here in H"
    Okay sure.
    Walk up the hill.
    What the fuck?
    Lying to your customers.
    What a great way to brand build!

If anyone has a res for this weekend (either day) that isn't planning to use it, please let me know! Girlfriend has the weekend reserved but I was not so lucky.

Everyone knows they never direct anyone to B. Go there anyway.

Has Crystal/Alterra/Ikon actually penalized anybody yet for showing up without reservations and/or skipped days when they had reservations? I don't mean sending a warning email, I mean actually doing the 30-day ban or whatever the consequence is. I haven't heard a single report of someone facing real consequences from abusing the reservation system, so I'm confused as to whether or not they're actually enforcing things.

Irate to find that again today, Crystal had failed to stock the portapotties with TP. I know this is a hard year for everybody. My expectations for a satisfactory pooping experience are very low.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Crystal stocked and hoarders stole the port-a-potti tp.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hey man they're just maintaining the Shitter Dungeon experience.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Irate to find that again today, Crystal had failed to stock the portapotties with TP. I know this is a hard year for everybody. My expectations for a satisfactory pooping experience are very low.
    countdown to someone bitching at you to harden the fuck up....

I thought everyone was supposed to just shit in their car?

The porta potty based finger painting at Xtal just got serious.

BYOTP. Someone needs to make a sticker.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I’ll bring my own TP, but I’d like them to at least clean them before the shit mountains get above the lip of the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    In Crystal’s defense this is a common fail for first time portajohn customers. The vendor only supplies two rolls with each cleaning. You kinda have to get burned once to learn to prestock extra rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yeah, but it doesn’t take a genius to figure out how often you need to clean a half dozen porta shitters which serve most of B-Lot.

What kind of newb doesn't bring wipes into a portashitter?