Page 183 of 197 FirstFirst ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 4918
    Duno if thats ^^ possible on an EP8 I still think the strikes are just cuz of my tendancy to just keep pedaling
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-02-2023 at 12:10 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    You know you can usually set the motor to provide assist for a certain amount of time when you stop pedaling, right? At least you can on the Levo. It's pretty helpful for techy stuff because you can crank hard, then level the pedals and the motor keeps going for a half second or so.
    Ep8 in turbo continues to provide power for a short amount of time after pedaling ceases. Maybe 1 second ish. Unsure if it is programmable.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Are there any other Rocky Mountain Powerplay Dyname 4 owners on here?
    I have an error code that I don’t know how to fix/clear. (199).
    Basically is seems like the torque sensor needs to be calibrated, and I can’t find directions in any tech or owners manual. (I have searched about ten different keyword combinations and on the Rocky site)
    It takes 2-3 seconds of turning the cranks for the power to kick in.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    You know you can usually set the motor to provide assist for a certain amount of time when you stop pedaling, right? At least you can on the Levo. It's pretty helpful for techy stuff because you can crank hard, then level the pedals and the motor keeps going for a half second or so.
    How do you set that up on the Levo?

Ran into a para I know who had been disabled at least 10 years ago in a snow boarding accident and he was rididng a new chair he had developed that I think will knock the industry on its ass

if you know anything at all about motor ized chairs for the disabled a chair weighs many hundreds of lbs but this chair weighed 40lbs, the motor was in a tube the diameter of a pop can, the battery was under the seat, the seat was 3D printed cushion I think they wee using alot of electric skate board tech

they are calling it the E-chair

Very intrigued; any links yet?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Ran into a para I know who had been disabled at least 10 years ago in a snow boarding accident and he was rididng a new chair he had developed that I think will knock the industry on its ass

if you know anything at all about motor ized chairs for the disabled a chair weighs many hundreds of lbs but this chair weighed 40lbs, the motor was in a tube the diameter of a pop can, the battery was under the seat, the seat was 3D printed cushion I think they wee using alot of electric skate board tech

they are calling it the E-chair
    That is cool. Can't wait for the e-haters to try and disallow echair bikes because they are too wide for passing or cause too much trail damage damage since they have four wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    That is cool. Can't wait for the e-haters to try and disallow echair bikes because they are too wide for passing or cause too much trail damage damage since they have four wheels.

Am I reading this correctly? You are cheering the transformation of singletrack into doubletrack because it will piss off your percieved enemies? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Am I reading this correctly? You are cheering the transformation of singletrack into doubletrack because it will piss off your percieved enemies? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...
    Dude. Am I reading this correctly, You are cheering discrimination against the disabled?

I never stated 4 wheeled adaptive bikes should be ridden on track not wide enough e.g. tight singletrack

And "[to] piss off my perceived enemies" wtf is that about?

Your anti-ebike sentiment is amusing. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Very intrigued; any links yet?
    No , buddy said the development has been hush hush cuz they are going to market this

normaly a powered chair is a Tank weighing I believe 400 lbs with huge motors and a car battery but this chair is 40lbs it doesnt even look like a powered chair, the motor/ axle is about the diameter of a pringle's chip can and I couldn't see the battery which was under his seat, the material of the 3D printed seat looked like a big dish scrubby, the chair was all black very elegant, I seen him coming towards me on flat ground and something was wierd here

but think about how minimalist the propulsion for an E scooter or E board is and use that tech on a wheel chair is i think what he has done so a very interesting app

I doubt you will see one on your local mtnbike trails to glare at

the point of the post is a heads up on using the latest E-tech to make a better chair

E-handcycles are already pretty well developed and get used on trails all the time.

They don't really have any negative impact on the trail. Mostly because they make up a tiny fraction of the users.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    E-handcycles are already pretty well developed and get used on trails all the time.

They don't really have any negative impact on the trail. Mostly because they make up a tiny fraction of the users.
    But they must turn singletrack into doubletrack, no?

Intentionally poking the bear and sarcasm intended.

Again while this is an E-bike thread my post is really about use of the E tech for a wheel chair

I got buddy who became para from I think falling off a roof,

he was a great WW kayaker, just needed one of us to carry him to his boat and then he was free

he got into sitski racing and earned a bronze at the para olympics also meets his wife on the team

but the unhappy ending is he got one of those hand cycles and now he is a quad

I think maybe he was too fearless

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Again while this is an E-bike thread my post is really about use of the E tech for a wheel chair

I got buddy who became para from I think falling off a roof,

he was a great WW kayaker, just needed one of us to carry him to his boat and then he was free

he got into sitski racing and earned a bronze at the para olympics also meets his wife on the team

but the unhappy ending is he got one of those hand cycles and now he is a quad

I think maybe he was too fearless
    That is a serious bummer. Man. Being a quad is not good. I hope he is doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Basically is seems like the torque sensor needs to be calibrated, and I can’t find directions in any tech or owners manual. (I have searched about ten different keyword combinations and on the Rocky site)
    https://nsmb.com/articles/2023-rocky...erplay-part-1/

maybe talk to this guy

We're at the point where most get them and how they work. Still the few hold outs that can't admit theyre are far more positives than negatives. Nice to see.
    Interesting to see at this very time in mtb history the pros dh bikes weigh a similar weight of quite a few full power emtb's. Most dh pros are adding weights to the bb area on their dh bikes. Ed masters vid has pro dh bikes hovering around the 40lb mark and more than a few top guys with 42 and 43lb bikes. There's more than a few long travel full power emtb's under 45lbs currently.
    Will our resident "experts" that said emtbs ride like shit be able to change their tune. Maybe the thin colorado air keeps them riding like shit. Who knows?

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I dont follow it super close but i seem to remember different discussion on a similar issue on the emtb forums. Here's the thread. I think its in the later pages

Thread '2022 Rocky Mountain new Altitude Powerplay' https://www.emtbforums.com/threads/2...werplay.23941/

Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    FWIW That was how I read his response as well. In his mind I will now be a hater of e-bikes and the disabled.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    We're at the point where most get them and how they work. Still the few hold outs that can't admit theyre are far more positives than negatives. Nice to see.
    Interesting to see at this very time in mtb history the pros dh bikes weigh a similar weight of quite a few full power emtb's. Most dh pros are adding weights to the bb area on their dh bikes. Ed masters vid has pro dh bikes hovering around the 40lb mark and more than a few top guys with 42 and 43lb bikes. There's more than a few long travel full power emtb's under 45lbs currently.
    Will our resident "experts" that said emtbs ride like shit be able to change their tune. Maybe the thin colorado air keeps them riding like shit. Who knows?

Rent free, eh?
    E-bikes =\= World Cup DH Bikes

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well, DH bikes only do one thing...go downhill. I like a super-flickable bike going uphill as well.
    Apples to Oranges.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The maga similarities are there. Its hard to admit your wrong so ill be sure to revisit this again.
    Ill save a spot for the overwhelming fact that emtbs open more trails than closed them as well. Whether its added ridership at the bargaining table for access, most builders using them, or bigger range of trails. It'll be clear to see soon but of course the haters will never admit it. Ill be sure to cast that hook out though. Just snagged a hack in colorado so my cast knows no bounds

#magamtbName:  FB_IMG_1687438885920.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  34.3 KB

Most of the ebiker that I know are Trump supporters.

Maybe, im just saying the same tough guy stance creates that emtb hate. The "pull yourself up by your bootstraps!!" mentality. The whole emtb thing to them boils down to theyre so viral they dont need emtb's so no one should. But of course there's so much more to emtb than that. But theyll use any "whataboutism" to justify their narrative. Thinly veiled ego

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Maybe, im just saying the same tough guy stance creates that emtb hate. The "pull yourself up by your bootstraps!!" mentality. The whole emtb thing to them boils down to theyre so viral they dont need emtb's so no one should. But of course there's so much more to emtb than that. But theyll use any "whataboutism" to justify their narrative. Thinly veiled ego

Do you mean virile or viral? The latter makes no sense. It’s okay most magatards wouldn’t know the difference

My proof reader has tge day off