Page 123 of 197 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4916
    This thread is turning out like the fantasy enduro league. One guy is absolutely smoking 5 or 6 of you. Sorry it must be em bear assing.
    Toast is totally slipping. I feel bad

In other news, revelstokes vertical and selection of numerous mountains with growing networks on all of them are ripe for a world class emtb destination. It can be hard to find a line down to build and a climb trail but just the right amount of challenge for an emtb. It could be the Finale of north america. So many great links are possible here that could utilize the tops of these undeveloped peaks. I think its the missing tool for the area to reach the full potential. In the vid its an interesting idea that the rate the climbs in finale like you would the downhills. Signage goes a long way and a relatively simple way to lessen conflicts. I suggest we could have the "tammarack doit ascent system" t1, t2 and t3. T1 being faster less tech with lots of ringing bells and then graduating up to super tech "t3" climbs where you could really do damage to someone if they were illegally going down them. All in favor?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ???? Never lived in Colorado in my entire life but whatever.

Glad I was able to give you your fix. You may go now.
    Wait!!wut!?!? Are you an eeber now? Youre telling me to "go now" from the ebike thread. I didnt think you were into ebikes?

You should look up the definition of Obtuse.

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Give him a few days to fire back a stinging (or completely irrelevant) retort.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Meh, he is not a bad guy, just a zealot that is fun to fuck with.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Electric Bike Thread

This thread has become like going to your worst aunt and uncle’s house who b*tch and are cringeworthy to each other. You want to go over bc you dig your cousins, etc but they make everyone else feel embarrassed for them.
    HINT

Back to topic

My Raleigh ecommuter battery is starting to weaken (I’ve ridden the hell out of it for the past 3 summers)
    I contacted Raleigh and was told they don’t have any replacements, after mkt etc. I think I’ll get thru this summer ok but I’m trying to think of an alternative power system to retrofit- maybe one of those hub motor wheels?
    Here’s the model- the battery is on the rear so it’s such a good design so I don’t want to have to get a new bike. I love this bike
    What have people had luck with in this dept?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6535.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	341140
    skid luxury

That bike looks amazing. Hope you sort out the battery! Keep us posted.
    Sincerely,
    Your Cousins
    (P.S. Sorry mom and dad are so annoying)
    However many are in a shit ton.

There are people who could repair that battery with new cells. I don’t know any offhand, but I will search...are there any identifying numbers on the battery that you can share? Maybe pics?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I talked to a Batteries Plus store one time about rebuilding a bike light battery. They'd use the shell and craft a new pack with new cells. Seems like it should be an option for an aging ebike battery

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The Luna Cycle people in So Cal do some crazy stuff with ebikes. Might be worth contacting them for advice on rebuilding that pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    This thread has become like going to your worst aunt and uncle’s house who b*tch and are cringeworthy to each other. You want to go over bc you dig your cousins, etc but they make everyone else feel embarrassed for them.
    HINT

Back to topic

My Raleigh ecommuter battery is starting to weaken (I’ve ridden the hell out of it for the past 3 summers)
    I contacted Raleigh and was told they don’t have any replacements, after mkt etc. I think I’ll get thru this summer ok but I’m trying to think of an alternative power system to retrofit- maybe one of those hub motor wheels?
    Here’s the model- the battery is on the rear so it’s such a good design so I don’t want to have to get a new bike. I love this bike

https://www.btn-ebike.com/product/Eb...ULA_RV_5C.html

Actually the battery on the back is such a bad design. Makes the bike top heavy and prone to skitish steering on hills.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    HINT

Back to topic

What's with the nailing pattern on the siding? Is the double face nail a Wyoming thing?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There are people who could repair that battery with new cells. I don’t know any offhand, but I will search...are there any identifying numbers on the battery that you can share? Maybe pics?
    thanks gang
    i can’t access the serial #s bc of my crate right now but I’m encouraged by your optimism. I was thinking it would be more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    https://www.btn-ebike.com/product/Eb...ULA_RV_5C.html

Actually the battery on the back is such a bad design. Makes the bike top heavy and prone to skitish steering on hills.
    are you kidding? it’s not taken off a bike path.

by “great design” I meant it looks like a sweet ass old school amsterdam bike. not it’s trail worthiness. but ai thank you for the link. that looks close from eyeballing it

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    What's with the nailing pattern on the siding? Is the double face nail a Wyoming thing?
    no idear. that’s my garage
    but I wouldn’t mind learning about it if you have cliff notes
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Hardly effective. You new here
    Sometimes there is an inverse relationship between post count and wisdom.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    In other news. E or non E , Gully is putting out some really good vids. He needs more subzcribers. Theyre no fluff just flowing through qualoty trails. The eeb has no prob on this one

I rode with him this summer when he was passing through my area on a road trip. Super chill guy.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Sometimes there is an inverse relationship between post count and wisdom.
    Ya i know. I figured you were wise enough to figure i was jk
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I rode with him this summer when he was passing through my area on a road trip. Super chill guy.

He seems it. Enjoying his content. Really well rounded rider. He puts flow in steeps, tech, jumps and the skinniest of skinnies. Mustve been a fun ride. Havent ridden in invermere/pano in 10+ years. Follow the developement a bit. We used to ride swansea and steamboat a fair bit. Many a weekends were mt7 saturday, swansea sunday, finish with a couple laps on steamboat after a dip in the lake and a slice or 3 of pizza ,and back home to banff sunday night. Friend visiting this past weekend was telling me about a few things i hadnt heard of in the area. Great to hear

Forest Service is revising ebike rules. Asking for public comments, due 10/26/2020

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ravel-planning

FWIW people should actually try and ride one prior to commenting on something they only know as a hypothetical.

^^this. Too many kneejerk comments

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    You're hardcore bro, you sponsored?

No not sponsored. Not really sure what I said makes you feel like I’m hardcore. Just basic trail etiquette is don’t block trails. Not that hard to figure out. Even for a kook like me.

FWIW people should actually try and ride one prior to commenting on something they only know as a hypothetical.
    Not trying to flame you at all but as I think I’ve pointed out in this thread, the logic of your comment got old years ago. At this point pretty much everyone has tried an emtb. It’s been years since I’ve been in a substantive emtb conversation with anyone who hasn’t been actually on one at a demo event or borrowed from a friend etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    No not sponsored. Not really sure what I said makes you feel like I’m hardcore. Just basic trail etiquette is don’t block trails. Not that hard to figure out. Even for a kook like me.
    Whining about other users and how or what they ride, assuming they can't ride as hard as your kid, they only ride as fast as your xc speed on a e bike..... Who's the douche???

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Not trying to flame you at all but as I think I’ve pointed out in this thread, the logic of your comment got old years ago. At this point pretty much everyone has tried an emtb. It’s been years since I’ve been in a substantive emtb conversation with anyone who hasn’t been actually on one at a demo event or borrowed from a friend etc.
    No worries, I am taking out a Norco VLT-E today to see whats the deal. Local shop is letting me demo it gratis. Thanks Chalet.

And I think that if you think everyone has tried an e-bike then you might need to adjust what you think comprises "everyone".

I don't know anyone who owns an e-bike.

No worries, I am taking out a Norco VLT-E today to see whats the deal. Local shop is letting me demo it gratis. Thanks Chalet.

And I think that if you think everyone has tried an e-bike then you might need to adjust what you think comprises "everyone".

I don't know anyone who owns an e-bike.
    After a year and a half on the Norco Fluid VLT the big takeaway is torque management in the boost mode is a real pain in the ass. I almost never use it unless I'm feeling totally worn out or just old, fat and lazy. I find it to be the most fun in the middle, trail, mode where it's pretty intuitive.

Seems like that’s where the Special Ed motors really shine. Not that they don’t have their issues too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.