Page 232 of 238 FirstFirst ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 5949
    . . .

Study finds listening to AC/DC makes surgeons faster and more accurate

Writing in the journal Langenbeck’s Archives of Surgery, lead researcher Cui Yang from Heidelberg University, Germany, said: “Our results show that both soft rock and hard rock can enhance surgical performance.

“For hard rock music, the positive effect was especially noticeable when the music was played in high volume.

“It is possible that music with high rhythmicity could provide a tempo to keep up the speed of the performance and thus enhance task performance.”

Music is played in around two-thirds of operations

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/study-...more-accurate/

This article amused me: https://www.businessinsider.com/move...e-left-2024-3?

"We didn't know anything about buying a house and didn't know anything about the place we bought the house, and realized after the fact that it was a bad choice, so moving to Colorado was a mistake."

Why did they even bother printing/posting this?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

"We didn't know anything about buying a house and didn't know anything about the place we bought the house, and realized after the fact that it was a bad choice, so moving to Colorado was a mistake."

That is amazing.

"For example, soon after moving in, I noticed my blonde highlights and some of our laundry had a green tint due to our hard well water. To fix this, we installed a water filter for $5,000."

Um, how about don't highlight your hair, city girl!

And it's not even a "mountain town", it's the foothills suburbs of Denver. And how do you not know that "Target is 20 minutes away" or your favorite restaurants and coffee shops are much farther? Shouldn't that be stuff you know before you buy?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

Writing in the journal Langenbeck’s Archives of Surgery, lead researcher Cui Yang from Heidelberg University, Germany, said: “Our results show that both soft rock and hard rock can enhance surgical performance.

“For hard rock music, the positive effect was especially noticeable when the music was played in high volume.

“It is possible that music with high rhythmicity could provide a tempo to keep up the speed of the performance and thus enhance task performance.”

FUCK YEAH!

And it's not even a "mountain town", it's the foothills suburbs of Denver. And how do you not know that "Target is 20 minutes away" or your favorite restaurants and coffee shops are much farther? Shouldn't that be stuff you know before you buy?
    The quality and quantity of stupid in that article is amazing. At least her "partner" was smart enough not to be named.

The Facefuck comments are gold.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/4WH...ibextid=xfxF2i

I feel like that exact same article was shared here last year about some other young dumb idealist that was shocked to find out that living in the mountains was not the same as downtown Chicago, and that gofundmes were needed.

On the flip side, they'll now be the authorities in their friend group back in NYC on all things outdoorsy, mountainy, vanlife-adjacent and general wilderness inquiries.
    I still call it The Jake.

Not sure the hotlinking is working, so https://i.imgur.com/cBfiOEN.gif

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

That sounds right, we’ve always got music playing in the OR

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

However, playing AC/DC during gynecologic or prostate exams failed to demonstrate similar efficacy.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Your dog just ate an avocado!

This is slander. I didn’t provide a single quote for this piece:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C860081-75BD-4187-BC4D-E107CE9ED493.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	433.7 KB 
ID:	491214

https://bsky.app/profile/bananapantz.../3ko53dzovv22o

"cope"?

People asking if Buffalo Creek is good-to-go - that amuses me to no end.

No - they received 3 feet of snow less than a week ago. Maybe check back in early May. ��

"cope"?
    Trying to convince himself he isn’t going to be fucked by the $454M penalty.

The actual comments on the post article are…hysterical? Terrifying? Saddening?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Trying to convince himself he isn’t going to be fucked by the $454M penalty.
    kids these days

Name:	il_fullxfull.3860048966_6lzy.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	491223

kids these days

Name:	il_fullxfull.3860048966_6lzy.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	491223
    Name:  24D39E26-22CB-423F-A897-B83451BB8641.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  15.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    The quality and quantity of stupid in that article is amazing. At least her "partner" was smart enough not to be named.

The Facefuck comments are gold.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/4WH...ibextid=xfxF2i
    "Access to Denver was different than we'd expected. It was a 45-minute drive, and we couldn't get an Uber from our house."

🤣

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Wow. I went there. It actually helped me understand a former friend who went MAGA. There’s a huge “everybody does it” argument.
    I don’t. None of my friends do.
    Trump’s their King of the grifters.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Those are NYPost readers/commenters. I'd call it precisely on-brand.

We live in sort of a 'basin' formed by foothills/mountains & trees on all sides. Roughly 3/4 mile radius. Especially early morning and nights and often there is silence and zero light pollution.

Depending on the season and what's around we can hear 3-4 packs of coyotes, owls, turkeys, etc from various points 'talking' to one another. One group or individual will go off and then the others will answer from all around.

Currently, it's three rafters of turkeys going off one after the other from various locations. You can't help but crack up in the early morning and evening silence while walking the dog. Then they come tooling around and are the goofiest looking birds. Makes you wonder why Benjamin Franklin wanted them as the national bird.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Ben Franklin was drunk sunup to sundown most days and preferred the company of upper crust French whores. He probably thought the bird was a hilarious inside joke.
    I still call it The Jake.

I’ve also heard he was a big gilf guy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Ben Franklin was drunk sunup to sundown most days and preferred the company of upper crust French whores. He probably thought the bird was a hilarious inside joke.
    We should all be so lucky