Page 230 of 238 FirstFirst ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 5949
    Name:  IMG_1620.jpeg
Views: 343
Size:  66.7 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Pretty sure i just saw a lady “Prancercising” down the bike path.

Sorry, I’ll try and be less ebullient next time!
    HUZZAH!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Wait till you run into a prancerciser on an electric unicycle.
    I've started stalking our local exhibitionist in hope of seeing them hit a pot hole and face plant.
    Anticipating major amusement.

I would assume that the way you would die in quicksand is starvation, dehydration, heat stroke or hypothermia--always hike in quicksand with a buddy who can go for help. Maybe two to be on the safe side.

Pretty sure it's the sand vampire worms that finish you off.

When I was a kid, we had a quicksand box. I was an only child …eventually.

^^ [/rimshot]

There's been reports here of quicksand on the beach below the high tide line, there's been tons of crazy erosion and stuff is unstable.

Apparently the concern is somebody getting stuck and then drowning as the tide comes in but that seems a mite farfetched. I do know a guy who lost a boot to it recently though.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    ^^ [/rimshot]

There's been reports here of quicksand on the beach below the high tide line, there's been tons of crazy erosion and stuff is unstable.

Apparently the concern is somebody getting stuck and then drowning as the tide comes in but that seems a mite farfetched. I do know a guy who lost a boot to it recently though.
    Oh the Shoemanity!!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Pretty sure i just saw a lady “Prancercising” down the bike path.
    Saw one of these yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Pretty sure it's the sand vampire worms that finish you off.
    Only if they sprinkle you with topic flouride.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I finally ran into the Hash House Harriers tonight on the trail. They call themselves a drinking club with a running problem and have chapters world wide. I know they're around because I see dots of flour all over the place on trails around town which is how they mark their routes. They'll send a "hare" off ahead of the group to lay down a path which the rest have to follow, including false turns and other distractions to try to keep the runners from catching the hare. I'm walking up the trail and see this guy come skipping down the trail, wearing full leopard skin body suit and dual man buns, and....we'll call it a purse, that he reaches into and grabs a handful of flour which he drops a dot of on the trail. Not exactly what I had pictured, but I guess when there is alcohol involved anything goes.

Side story, a ranger I used to work with decided he was going to bust them back in the day for alcohol consumption in a public park. So he tracked them down at one of their events and busted them along with police, and wrote a bunch of tickets. Well it turns out a bunch of their participants were influential people like city attorneys, city council staff, etc. And he was told never do that again and leave them alone. Their website now lists close to 7,000 events since mid 2,000s. Impressive....

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I finally ran into the Hash House Harriers tonight on the trail. They call themselves a drinking club with a running problem and have chapters world wide. I know they're around because I see dots of flour all over the place on trails around town which is how they mark their routes. They'll send a "hare" off ahead of the group to lay down a path which the rest have to follow, including false turns and other distractions to try to keep the runners from catching the hare. I'm walking up the trail and see this guy come skipping down the trail, wearing full leopard skin body suit and dual man buns, and....we'll call it a purse, that he reaches into and grabs a handful of flour which he drops a dot of on the trail. Not exactly what I had pictured, but I guess when there is alcohol involved anything goes.

Apparently in Europe (Germany?) there is an honor system where they have underground beer coolers where you can grab one on the trail and leave payment:

Name:  underground-frosty-beer-system_edited-1-468x632.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  87.8 KB
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post

IIRC, every now and then someone would get stuck at low tide in the sand in Cook Inlet in AK, and get snuffed when the tide came in. Big tides there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Apparently in Europe (Germany?) there is an honor system where they have underground beer coolers where you can grab one on the trail and leave payment:

Name:  underground-frosty-beer-system_edited-1-468x632.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  87.8 KB
    I land mine that dispenses beers. Nice.

I hung out with a hashing group a few times, it was a fuckton of fun.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    IIRC, every now and then someone would get stuck in their ATV/Hummer at low tide in the sand in Cook Inlet in AK, and get snuffed when the tide came in. Big tides there though.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    It amuses me that kooks are still trying to get Fluoride banned. https://www.wcax.com/2024/03/06/rutl...oridation-ban/
    What's not amusing is the number of people that supported the measure.

Makes me think they be like:

Base Commander Jack D. Ripper:
    Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love... Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I - I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence.
    Funny story from my childhood. I was probably around 4 or 5 years old when my grandfather, a borderline John Birch Society nutter, told me about how our town had just begun water fluoridation. That evening at dinner, my Mom got mad at me because I absolutely refused to drink my glass of water. I finally blurted out “but Grandpa said the Commies put poison in our water !”

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Things That Amuse You

The new pivot thread amuses me.
    Edit to add that starting a thread about recs for London and taking the rec to fuck London and go to Paris, amuses me.
    Last edited by plugboots; 03-12-2024 at 09:49 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Doughy dad bod guy in new looking bognar, gaping his way down a mellow blue bump run, blasting public enemy on a Bluetooth speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    IIRC, every now and then someone would get stuck at low tide in the sand in Cook Inlet in AK, and get snuffed when the tide came in. Big tides there though.
    not uncommon on some of the big sands in England. Big tides + fog & mist + cold water.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Doughy dad bod guy in new looking bognar, gaping his way down a mellow blue bump run, blasting public enemy on a Bluetooth speaker.
    He gets a nod and tip of the helmet in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Saw one of these yesterday.

Hahaha. The CEO of T-Mobile is a bit of a kook and lived near my office. I used to see him smashing around on his bright pink elliptical bike, clad in a T-Mobile lycra road bike outfit early on summer mornings. Havent seen him around in a few years though.

At least it's not [insert whatever mumble rap shit the kids think is good these days].

The Bogner is just extra flair.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    He gets a nod and tip of the helmet in my book.
    Agreed. I'm even willing to give him a pass on the Bluetooth speaker.