Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Well that's your fuckin' problem! and it's why your skiing is feeling wonky. All the best skiers on the mountain ski in Langes, dude. Langes + Pivot 18s + Goats = The Lord's Combo
    Lange SX120s, FKS180s, OG 191 BillyGoats.

You can call me Yahweh.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Lange SX120s, FKS180s, OG 191 BillyGoats.

You can call me Yahweh.
    Next bbi we need to do a line-up of goat enthusiasts.

Next bbi we need to do a line-up of goat enthusiasts.
    Not sure I would be worthy as I only run Atomic hawx130, Salomon sth16 on the 191goats.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Not sure I would be worthy as I only run Atomic hawx130, Salomon sth16 on the 191goats.
    It's probably why you have the plowing issues. Notice how that didn't happen on Kopi's SG mounted with pivots?

It's probably why you have the plowing issues. Notice how that didn't happen on Kopi's SG mounted with pivots?
    Pretty sure it's due to his binders were only set to 10 out of 18.

Powtron threatened the same but got distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Powtron threatened the same but got distracted.
    In all fairness the forecast wasn't spectacular either.

I think he abandoned the scene a few weeks in advance. But yeah, it would have been mediocre demo conditions.

On that note I have my rain gear all in order for BBI 19 so you can thank me (and Ullr) that the precip will likely now be of the frozen variety...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

FS: 191 Billygoats

Portlandians (except for Wyeaster) are water soluble?
    Who knew...

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    didn’t stop Lithic and their from the dry side yet the portlandtopians got scared off by the threat of precip
    Guilty. So, so scared.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Pretty sure it's due to his binders were only set to 10 out of 18.
    If they were sth's I'd have to be running them at 12.

How fat are you people?!?

Way too fat...

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Did he actually break a set of those? Haha
    Truth

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    hUUUUUUUUUUge

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Truth

hUUUUUUUUUUge
    What year pinnacle did you break? Are the K2 Spyne boots any better?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Its all muscle

You need a SuperGoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    What year pinnacle did you break? Are the K2 Spyne boots any better?
    15/16. K2 replaced them with leftover stock 16/17 Pinnacles this fall. Local dealer was hoping they would replace with the new version which I believe they told me were now being made by Dalbello, no dice. I have no experience with the Spyne series, the Pinnacle have the integrated spyne. Full credit to K2 for replacing them as I was truly not expecting them to do so. I have received blown up boots that a dealer sent in returned to me looking like Frankenstein with new plastic and rivets.

Well that's your fuckin' problem! and it's why your skiing is feeling wonky. All the best skiers on the mountain ski in Langes, dude. Langes + Pivot 18s + Goats = The Lord's Combo
    I have some thin ass feet, but measure like 28-29 length. I size down to 27 to hold my thin ankle down. Will a 28 plug like Lange ZB hold my heel down more than 28 Lange Rx 130? I have heard a few people mention they use ZB's here.. AUVgeek maybe?

At around 215lbs, I'm starting to notice most 130 flex boots feeling slightly soft. I feel like I have less to lean into and drive in my Ghost 130s than I used to. I really want a semi-upright boot, with 140 or 150 flex.

Why don’t you see a legit bootfitter and see what they say about your foot? Must be a few great guys in tahoe.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Why don’t you see a legit bootfitter and see what they say about your foot? Must be a few great guys in tahoe.
    I have talked to 20 boot fitters in 5 years. Tried on tons of boots. I have never tried a true 28 plug boot on, have never found one. Maybe starthaus?

I have seen 15 boot fitters in 5 years. Tried on tons of boots. I've been trying not to spend 1200 dollars on a MSRP Boot and a pumped up Zipfit, but it looks like that's the way I'm going to have to go.
    I am not trying to bring you down at all here, but why are you in a ghost or pinnacle then, they aren’t exactly for the skinniest feet.

None of the main 4 buckle low volume boots fit you?
    Only trying to help

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    I am not trying to bring you down at all here, but why are you in a ghost or pinnacle then, they aren’t exactly for the skinniest feet.

None of the main 4 buckle low volume boots fit you?
    Only trying to help
    Ghost Max 130 is super low volume. Lower volume than Rx/Rs 130 LV, even though on paper, Ghost say 98mm. Because of it only having two buckles, there is a significant amount of overlapping plastic to make up for, and it's surprisingly tight. Hard AF to get on and off in cold temps. Ghost max is different from the regular ghost boots.

I have found the pinnacle LV to fit very similarly to the Langes, like 90%. I scored the Pinnacle for $cheap.95, so I figured I'd try it.

Most of the main 130, LV boots don't fit me. 27 too short. 28 too big around the ankle and instep. That's why I'm wondering about plugs. They are hard to find in store though. TBH I haven't tried on every LV boot, like Salomon Max and Nordicas. I am a boot fitters nightmare. I want to try on every single boot, and never buy because I'm so picky about ankle fit. I can't ski if I feel like my ankle isn't held down. I'm not into getting something "close", I want the perfect fit. I always have to special order plug boots, without trying them on, and have been afraid to do so.

I have some thin ass feet, but measure like 28-29 length. I size down to 27 to hold my thin ankle down. Will a 28 plug like Lange ZB hold my heel down more than 28 Lange Rx 130? I have heard a few people mention they use ZB's here.. AUVgeek maybe?

At around 215lbs, I'm starting to notice most 130 flex boots feeling slightly soft. I feel like I have less to lean into and drive in my Ghost 130s than I used to. I really want a semi-upright boot, with 140 or 150 flex.

Agreed on the softness, I have the LV 130s in a 29.5 that have been ground and punched out to jam my dawgs in. I am done with this tech toe 130 bullshit. Do not torture yourself, get the 140/150 +zipfits. I regret having the replacement boots fitted, should have dumped them when they arrived.