Page 147 of 149 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 3715
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuff View Post
    Anyone know if next year's 185cm Mfree 108 is actually gonna measure 185cm or thereabouts? Or will it be same length as current 182cm...?
    I asked that question in the comments on the Blister article about the 2025 skis, and was assured that the 2025 185 skis longer than the current 182. I’d like to see how the skis measure out, though.

Got some Mfree 108 in 192 today from Tim. First dynastar after almost skiing into a tree in the LP 105 at the bird a decade back cause I couldn’t turn them

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

The Dynastar Thread

^^ name checks out

Just wish the Mfree could charrrggeee
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1000007058.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	418.8 KB 
ID:	489492

Am I doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a stupid great price on 192 MPro 108’s. Pretty pumped.
    Me too. Wonder if anyone want to trade for a 182 though?

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    Currently riding a pair of 189 FM118/menace protos around Japan and a) man I love these skis, bummer that they’re going away, but b) what a shame they never made them in a 19X length. They’re so easy to release the tails given how hard you can drive them and they ski so well in resort chop, but they’re just a little bit too light on float for a big fella on deep days.
    If only that tip wasn't so tapered they would be damn near perfect. They just can't quite rampage hard enough when the speeds pick up. Crazy versatile & fun ski though.

From Sander Hadley on Insta. New 112 is pretty forward mount, -3.5 so will be a pretty different ski than the current 118 at -9 or so.

Tried the 192 Mfree 108 in wind blown snow with patches of soft smooth fast snow. They were easy to ski and pretty quick. They feel stable and I look forward to more time on them

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Tried the 192 Mfree 108 in wind blown snow with patches of soft smooth fast snow. They were easy to ski and pretty quick. They feel stable and I look forward to more time on them

Glad you finally got a chance to try them out. I find that I keep going back to them when it’s not a full-blown powder day but there are soft conditions to be found such as the day or two after a storm or those in between small refills. Also, quite fun and capable in really technical terrain. I still don’t love them in firmer variable conditions, but I have better skis for those days.

Skier mine yesterday in those day after the storm conditions were there was knee deep blower transitioning to rutted up soft chop changing to soft chalk. Great everywhere and still fun on soft groomers back to the lift.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Waiting on binders to mount, but I was comparing the new 192 MPro108 to my 182 Mfree 108, and I was surprised to see they had the exact same mount line distance to the tail; all 10 extra cm are in the front of the ski. Also, they had very similar effective edge and rocker area despite the Pro having a 22m radius and the Mfree an 18; all the extra rocker more in the shovels.

That’s why I mounted mine +1

Plus it made the ski feel more balanced if using a 13* or less fwd lean boot.

Well after lurking this thread for a while and reading all the love the Mfree 108s get here I got out on a demo pair recently and I can say that these things are awesome. Compared to my DD Wildcat 108s the extra mass makes a huge difference in stability through rough snow and overall just makes the ski feel calmer and deflect less. It even feels more stable in the air, I found myself coming into things faster and airing more than my WCs. The tails do seem stiffer/more supportive than the WCs, where I'm usually able to easily release a turn from the tails almost turning on my heels the MF108s def want you to stay on center/slightly forward of center. In tighter bumps the WCs do feel more agile and can make smaller turns more easily where the mfrees are a bit more work and want to make bigger turns (they love to ski fast down the fall line). Conditions today were warm top to bottom so soft groomers/bumps and slush/mashed potato's. I'd be interested to see how they compare in firmer conditions and a day or two after a storm. I haven't been feeling my Wildcats as much lately and am heavily considering these as a replacement DD.

Definitely a neutral/balls of the foot kind of ski. Can drive. But also can over drive.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    That’s why I mounted mine +1
    Yeah think I’m going to do this on my mtour 108

Rigbone, where are you skiing?

I have mine on firm all the time. I’m not laying down GS turns and angles, but the legit carve just fine and hard groomers. They also handle short radius turns on steep and bulletproof just fine. I frequently ski them on the firm mornings knowing they will be exactly what I want by the time it turns to soft on the warm days. I keep the edges sharp, sharp with 1 base and 2 side and plenty of tip and tail detuning.

So, in the Blister Deep Dive of the new Bacon 108, when comparing to the MFree108, they mention that the new 185 length with the redesigned Hybrid 2.0 core leans more towards the OG 192 than the OG 182. That ought to excite some people who want a shorter more manageable length but the 192 type of performance.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    So, in the Blister Deep Dive of the new Bacon 108, when comparing to the MFree108, they mention that the new 185 length with the redesigned Hybrid 2.0 core leans more towards the OG 192 than the OG 182. That ought to excite some people who want a shorter more manageable length but the 192 type of performance.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Yeah, I think I’ll likely go that route next season. After a few days on my 186 Blackops 118, which I’m really clicking with my 182 M-Free 108s feel like little toys. And the 192, while not hard to ski, was just too long in a lot of situations, akin to taking a GS ski through a slalom course.

It’s been interesting going back and forth between the 186 B0118 and 182 MF108. I was convinced I liked the tapered shape of the MF108, but the more engaged tips and tails on the BO118 in a way makes it easier to hit turns as needed, using the ski’s sidecut, whereas the 182 MF108 wants to slide and is a bit less responsive in that respect. But the sliding of the MF108 is actually the most helpful when it’s not bottomless. The BO118 can feel more locked in when the edges are biting into harder snow.

All that to say, I think the 185 MF108 will be a great soft but not bottomless ski for my purposes.

But my success on the BO118 does have me taking a closer look at the SF110.

Git off them tails and the 192 gets pretty damn nimble. Anywho. Stoked they made a shorter size to quiet the masses.

I'm skiing Kicking Horse and the last couple seasons have been pretty low on snow and have involved a lot of firmer scrapped out conditions. I can't imagine the MFs will be too different than the WCs on firm, I'm hoping the tails of the ski wont have as easy a time washing out as the WCs do skiing firm steep conditions. I'll caveat with the fact that I do not keep up with sharpening my edges so that may fix that issue on the WCs. I actually appreciate that the ski communicates that you're skiing out of its sweet spot when on the tails without running away on you, it definitely promotes better/more balanced skiing.

I loved my MFs at KH. I think thefortrees had WCs and sold for MFs. iirc 2Funky skied both at the meat up and can comment.

Couldn't resist the crazy deal on the 192 MPro 108. So is the consensus mounting +1? Also gold Pivot or orange FKS? These are the hard questions.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Couldn't resist the crazy deal on the 192 MPro 108. So is the consensus mounting +1? Also gold Pivot or orange FKS? These are the hard questions.
    M frees belong on the line

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    M frees belong on the line
    Not MFree. Have those on the line. Talking MPro.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Not MFree. Have those on the line. Talking MPro.
    Reading fail.