Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Fast food drive-through lines...are we this fucking lazy?

I live a busy life. Sometimes I gotta eat on the run and that means fast food. I have a pet peeve though: idiots idling in their cars (polluting) while they wait for their food.

Today I went to chik fila south of Baltimore. There were about 16 cars in the double drive-through lanes. I parked, got out of my car, cursed under my breath at the height of laziness and stupidity of Americans, and walked in to find zero people at the counter. ZERO. I got my food in about 90 seconds and walked out while the dumbasses still wait in their cars wasting gas and polluting my fucking air.

We are cursed as a species.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

I have had the same thought many times. See it quite a bit here in Eastern Washington. No one goes inside. Ever. It's pathetic.

I never did understand that one either. If there's a line in the drive-thru at all, I typically find it faster to pop in and order. Not that I get to have fast food very often since there are literally zero fast food joints in our town. Not even a McDonalds. Probably a good thing.

I saw some kids on horseback going through the McDonald's drive through in Prineville last summer. I laughed, although I could just as easily have wept.

On a related tangent, when I'm in small/med towns in OR/WA it's hard to find an indoor coffee shop/cafe. Shit tons of Dutch Bros etc drive-thru coffee kiosks. With a line of SUVs idling.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Ever been to the In-N-Out near LAX?
    Geez, that's a long line.

"Fast food drive-through lines...are we this fucking lazy? "

Yes.

I have typically stopped and gone in because there is usually no line compared to the line of cars, but have been burned enough because inside it seems the staff takes their time more than on the drive thru or sometimes the counter is just inept; so I guesstimate the amount of people already waiting by cars parked outside now.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Anyone want to invest in a drive-through brothel? It'd have to be in Nevada, of course.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I mean, I hear what you're saying but it's fast food and Chick-fil-A drive-throughs are usually pretty fast.

I always thought the same, but also enjoyed prancing in and getting my order quickly. Now I have two young kids, I completely understand the drive-thru. It's so much easier and less stressful.

I hate the drive through. Will always prefer to park and walk in. Unless I have a small child in a car seat, but those days are over (she buckles herself in a booster).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Typically if I'm getting fast food I'm on a road trip. If that's the case, it's just nice to get out and stretch my legs by going inside. I probably have to take a piss anyways.

My wife's family is from PA, when we visit we go to the drive thru beer store. So that's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Ever been to the In-N-Out near LAX?
    Geez, that's a long line.
    I'm at the Starbucks just up Sepulveda right now.

The thing about that location is that it's always full of airport workers, so there is usually a wait inside too. I've seen people drive through, and then park to watch airplanes.

Florida has drive through funeral homes.

Whaats the deal with drive through's? I mean come on people!?!?

Don't get me started on ketchup packets.....

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Florida has drive through funeral homes.
    New Orleans has drive-through daiquiri shops. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

It's not like it's very nice inside most fast food places. And they're not playing my music.

<- obligatory troll-identifying winkie.

Once for a qualitative research methods class I had to take field notes inside a McDonalds. That was depressing as fuck. Not recommended.

Nothing else open within 4-5 miles and dining room was closed, so I rode my bike through the McDs drivethrough last spring on the AZT300. Got my food and sat in the parking lot and pigged out. Thanks to all day breakfast I got some mcmuffins for breakfast as well! But yeah, normally I never do drive thru unless that's all that is open. I can't drive the car, talk on the phone, and handle the money all at once....

Fast food drive-through lines...are we this fucking lazy?

It is completely pathetic and I often think the same as you. I get enraged at the long lines of fucking lazy people staring at their phones, idling in their cars alone for 10 minutes while waiting for their Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes!! Yes, Americans are this lazy and stupid.

Using a fast food drive through line as a sample for a commentary of how lazy we are...

Most people eating fast food are fat or lazy, or both, in the first place.

Staying in your car is efficient, too many calories burned getting in and out of the car, and standing is hard. Why not sit, listen to tunes, fart into the seats of your new crossover while your served fat in a bag.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Drive thru thread needs blurred's fry cook perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    New Orleans has drive-through daiquiri shops. What could possibly go wrong?

Still?
    Got cocktails from a place like that (small parking lot with kiosk in middle) on the way to Jean Lafitte park, over a decade ago.
    Back then the rumor was they were all getting closed down.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Wait...So i'm supposed to turn off my truck like a watercooled sledsled whenever I think it's going to be idling more than a few seconds? Then, I'm suppose to crank up 49-73 seconds later to move up fourteen feet, and then cycle the transmission, kill the engine defrost & wipers again for every one of the 7-9 dickheads who beat me to the fkn Taco Bell lunch rush drive through? Shit.