Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Got some 1/2 off passes to the vill. to kik down to you...Gas, Grass, Laughs. I gots.
    I don't know this guy, but he/she reeks of awesome. Someone hook this brotha up for some bbI action
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Yeah let's bump up the BS meeting time to 0800 @ clock tower.

What prompted that?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    What prompted that?
    Fomo

Couple posts up... a good suggestion to be a little earlier. It'll be easy to stand around and BS for 30 minutes before grabbing an early spot in line at Swifty.

Any locdogs willing/able to help me out with a cheap lift ticket for Saturday at Big Sky?

No worries if not... just need to get my shit in order and will buy online this week if crickets chirp.

Edit: I'm covered as of Feb 21. Thanks!
    Last edited by Norseman; 02-22-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Any locdogs willing/able to help me out with a cheap lift ticket for Saturday at Big Sky?

No worries if not... just need to get my shit in order and will buy online this week if crickets chirp.
    Is it cheaper online??

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Is it cheaper online??
    Barely... Save $19!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Barely... Save $19!
    Well hot damn!

Looks like I've got travel arrangements arranged, lodging lodged, skis waxed. See you all in a week.

OK, here is what has been worked out with Big Sky for Special Access Terrain (N. Summit/Big Cooler).

We are on our own.

Why?

There can be a lot of drama associated with special treatment of groups and friends when it comes to Special Access Terrain. I think it was 2 years ago that "The Ski Doctor" threw a shit-fit over a group of Boyne Executives getting a N. Summit lap as special treatment. He ended up getting the boot for the season.

A week or so ago he was in the tram line and got into it with one of the people from that group, 3 fucking years later. It cost him a time out from skiing.

So, here is how it works if you really want a guaranteed spot for the Big or the N. Summit.

Get an early chair on Swiftcurrent, it opens at 9:00. Beat feet to the Triple/Double (Powder Seeker) and if it is a snow day wait for it to open and then beat feet for the tram and wait for it to open. When you unload, haul ass to the Penalty Box. It is a separate station from the patrol station that is built into the tram and is on the very summit. (I built it in pieces and we flew it by Heli and assembled it on site, but that is another story).

Go inside and request a spot for whatever you choose to ski, be polite. You will get a time slot, you can request whatever time you want.

If you are not present at that time, the slot will be given away and when you show up you are out of luck.

Best strategy is to guess the tram wait time and how long it will take you to ski and ride back up and add 20 minutes and plan on getting up before your slot and waiting a bit. Depending on weather and crowds you might end up waiting outside in the weather.

BSSP was willing to work with us a bit but in the long run the potential hassle is just not worth it.

I did what I could.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Thanks for giving it a shot. Much appreciated. Not surprised at the outcome.

Great story about the Doctah! I hadn't heard that he was booted, LOL. Fuckin guy is always teetering on the knife edge of sanity.

Check your PMs
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Now I’m interested but it’s on same weekend as sorta natural (annual snowskate event) at the lookout pass...

Big sky is a fun place and waiting for the tram is definitely worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

accommodations have been booked. stoked!

Thanks for trying NB! I figured it was a long shot but never know till you ask.
    As with everyone any insider info on discounted tickets would be mucho appreciated. I'll be at the Big both Saturday and Sunday.

Hmmm, well...My bring a buddy days are spent, but it might be worth having a ten spot handy and asking a local with a Gold pass dangling from their pants if in exchange for ten bucks they will walk over to the window with you and let you be their "buddy" so you can get a $79 ticket. Kinda weird but it might work...especially if we're meeting at 8 a.m. Plenty of time to hit somebody up. I really think most of those buddy days are not being used.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Hmmm, well...My bring a buddy days are spent, but it might be worth having a ten spot handy and asking a local with a Gold pass dangling from their pants if in exchange for ten bucks they will walk over to the window with you and let you be their "buddy" so you can get a $79 ticket. Kinda weird but it might work...especially if we're meeting at 8 a.m. Plenty of time to hit somebody up. I really think most of those buddy days are not being used.
    That is actually a pretty inspired idea.

I also have one wild assed idea I might try out.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    like, Hi, my name is Buddy Baker, can you help a fella out?
    Lol yeah, something like that.

I actually contacted the marketing dept. a few weeks ago and asked if we could get some kind of deal, but no dice. Something about the unstructured nature of the gathering. They did send me some swag for my girls though.

Big Sky has really tightened up on lift ticket deals. I know of none.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Is there much cheap lodging at Big Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Uh... No.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    free skiier parking lot, bring your sleeping bag.

Order placed for some stickers. If we're lucky, they'll arrive in time for the party... 😬. Thanks Gepeto.

Sample:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180222_073001.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	225247

^Nice!