Bariloche - Patagonia trip planning beta

Tickets booked, September 16 through October 1st in or around Bariloche, solo.

I would like to spend most of the trip ski mountaineering, was told that Refugio Frey is a must-do, but a friend who just visited El Chalten and the Torres del Paine NP is edging me to go south. $500 RT flight from Bariloche to El Calafate, rental car, W-loop, definitely doable but not sure about splitting time, 2 weeks isn't that long.

Hard to keep it all together - recommendations, must-dos, should I spend 2 weeks in Bariloche hut-to-hut mountaineering and save southern Patagonia for another time, or just go straight to El Calafate and skip over Bariloche. etc. Who's been, particularly in Winter/Spring, what have you done, which huts around Bariloche or in Torres del Paine do you recommend, etc.

Search. There is a super detailed thread from a few years ago that has all the info you would ever need.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Play it by ear

Quote Originally Posted by BurnHard View Post
    Tickets booked, September 16 through October 1st in or around Bariloche, solo.

I would like to spend most of the trip ski mountaineering, was told that Refugio Frey is a must-do, but a friend who just visited El Chalten and the Torres del Paine NP is edging me to go south. $500 RT flight from Bariloche to El Calafate, rental car, W-loop, definitely doable but not sure about splitting time, 2 weeks isn't that long.

Hard to keep it all together - recommendations, must-dos, should I spend 2 weeks in Bariloche hut-to-hut mountaineering and save southern Patagonia for another time, or just go straight to El Calafate and skip over Bariloche. etc. Who's been, particularly in Winter/Spring, what have you done, which huts around Bariloche or in Torres del Paine do you recommend, etc.

I'd say play it all by ear with conditions. I'm in Bariloche now and will be around for the next month or so - sadly I'll be gone by the time you're down here. However, there's not a lot of snow on the ground yet. Hoping some is on the way!