Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1172

MAGIC MT 16/17- Fresh Starts & Fresh Tracks!!

Best wine selection I've ever seen at an IGA, by far. Place is bizarre.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    FIFY

Oh and by the way, congrats to MSB and the missus for dropping another teet-sucker.
    Thanks Peruvian. Super pumped and the older mini MSB couldn't be more psyched to get up on the hill this winter. She has been practicing in our living room.

^^^crushing French fries!!!

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    ^^^crushing French fries!!!
    There is no pizza in this house.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    There is no pizza in this house.

Plenty of lunch trays though
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

For those not on the mailing list...
    SUMMER WORK AND SUMMER FUN!

Let's talk about the fun stuff first.

We are officially opening the new Magic Mountain National Disc Golf Course Friday August 18th! It starts as a 9-hole course but by next year will eventually be a full 18 holes. Disc Golf is one of the fastest growing sports which every one can play. It's a fun way to get out and enjoy some friendly competition while winding through the trails and woods of Magic and scenic southern Vermont. The "club house" will be the 2nd floor of the lodge at the Black Line Tavern. Disc rentals are available for $5 and we will have others for purchase. It only costs $5 to play a round so it's a great family sport wth lunch or dinner afterwards at the Black Line Tavern. The course wlll be open Thursdays-Sundays from 11am-7pm and on holiday Mondays through this Summer-Fall.

Master Magician Golf/Disc Golf Biathlon Tournament September 1

Join us for this fun new event at our new course with the 1st-ever combined Golf/Disc Golf Tournament! No, you don't have to be good at either Golf or Disc Golf to enjoy this event. Pick a partner (it's a 2-person better ball/disc scramble event) and help a great cause as a portion of proceeds support the University of Vermont's Children's Hospital. We play 9-holes of golf first at nearby Tater Hill Golf Club sponsored by Josh Cellars Winery (yes, there will be tastings) and then head to Magic to play 9-holes of disc golf sponsored by Fiddlehead Brewery (ahh, tastings again) and Prodigy Discs. There's a BBQ dinner after and live music with Saints & Liars at our Black Line Tavern. There will also be games of skill to support the charity at the Fiddlehead After Party. The dinner (for purchase) and music is open to the public but tourney players have it included in their $100 tournament fee.

It's a great way to get a head start on Summer's last big weekend. So grab a partner and register now as there are spots for only 36 2-person teams.

Okay, enough of the fun, now here's an update on all the work being done this summer:

- Green Lift (Base-to-Mid Mtn): Lots of work done, but lots still to come. The painting of the bullwheels and chairs continues and we just received shipment this week of the new comm line which stretches all the way up the lift lne. The new haul cable is expected to arrive the 1st week of September. The ops crew led by Matt, Tim and AJ have been clearing the lift line of trees, branches and brush and the area looks beautiful. The tower bases are cleared out as well so regrouting of the cement bases can proceed. Travis has also been working on refurbishing sheave trains and wheels. The sheave trains, bullwheels and gearbox are all going back in after refurbishing by late September. We are still looking at potentially having this lift ready for Thanksgiving weekend. It will take a herculean effort and a number of things have to fall into place but that is still the goal!

- StarLift Conveyor Lift at the new Nelson Family Learning Center: While the new 170' lift is being manufactured for the new beginner area, we have worked closely with the Trailside Condo Association to get an agreement in place for an easement to use part of their land for the beginner slope. That agreement is in its final stages and we thank all the homeowners at Trailside for assisting in making Magic an even better place to ski, ride and purchase property!

- Snowmaking: Over 1500 feet of new steel pipe has arrived for our project to replace old, leaky base area snowmaking pipe with good new American steel to improve the efficiency of our snowmaking system with increased pressures at the top of the mountain for our new HKD guns. Once Vermont State Act 250 permitting approval occurs on 8/17 we will be good to begin digging and welding. Matt will be in the dirt for quite some time putting his welding skills on full display. In addition, we have tested the pipe system with water and have identified areas where other leaks may be and new hydrants are necessary as we look to expand snownaking on to trails that have not seen any since the 1980s. Other major snowmaking projects (stream, pond and dam) are separately going through various state agency permitting and approval processes which have taken more time and therefore will not commence until next year. We are still working with the state to bring back the old Thompsonburg Brook pump this fall to supplement the snowmaking pond's water replenishment for this season given our objective of making more snow earlier and on more trails than ever before this century at Magic.

- Lodge: For those that have been to the Black Line Tavern and the wedding we just held at the mountain, they have a good feel for how we are opening up and brightening the space. An energy efficient foam barrier from our local friends at Vermont Foam Insulation is now in place in the upper lodge and the wood rafters and trusses are now exposed. Low hung ceilings on the sides of the bar area are being removed which further adds to the view and feeling of spaciousness there. This week we begin the painting of the lodge--you literally will not be able to miss it now! And, an entire new deck gets put on come September to expand its size and make it an even better place for weddings, big events and winter actvities.

Magic Gear is now online for purchase

The website is now taking orders on selected clothing--a great new shipment of polo shirts just arrived and we are already replenshing some stock in other items that went quickly.

Volunteer Day is scheduled for September 2nd
    Come work the hill or around the lodge (man, there's plenty to do). Meet-up is 9am at the base lodge. And, think about heading up early on Friday to play in the Master Magician Biathlon Golf Tourney!

And, finally, a special thanks to all who supported the Green Chair sponsorship. There are only 5 chairs left to sponsor and it's a testament to our ski community's desire to be involved, help, and put your own lasting mark on this special mountain. There's no better winter communty in the world. Thank you!

- Geoff, SKI MAGIC LLC

Unfortunately, I will be getting all my belongings packed up to move to the 1st floor that weekend. The first floor tenant is moving at the end of the month and I'm using the vacancy to be able to do renovations upstairs: ceiling repair, 14 replacement windows, carpet removal, floor refinishing and painting. Tight schedule with movers on the 5th, ceiling repair and window installs before the flooring guy comes on the 18th and then no one can walk on the floors until the 25th when the painter can come in and be done by the 29th when the movers come back. And, of course, I still need to get a new (and acceptable) tenant for move in 10/1. Going to be an interesting month...

In other news, it's not too early to start planning Ullfest, right? We are still go for 3rd weekend in October (21-22)?
    If it's too loud, you're too old

I was hoping for a different weekend....we have to be in South Carolina for a wedding on the 21st. The weekend prior is another wedding at Magic and the weekend after is getting mighty late so I may be out of luck.

An update to Geoff's letter....all Green Chair sponsorships have been sold.

Don't feel bad I won't be here for the 2nd either.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Sounds like it's goin to be a great weekend, but I'm out of state as well for a few days of R&R with family.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Going to be at Magic from Friday, Aug 25 until Sunday, Sep 3. Anybody want any NoVT beers? Lemme know. I'll be balls deep in a construction project at the casa but will probably need something to do while waiting for joint compound to dry so other daily distractions will be undertaken.

Balls deep in joint compound? I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Any port in a storm....

Balls deep in joint compound? I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    Most people just use a putty knife, guess he likes to get a little more "hands on"

I'll take some beers BTW. Could come out that weekend for a bit or coming through on the 31st
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Opening day for Magic's disc golf course today. Fkn barely made that lol, panic assembly of the tee boxes after Act 250's ok was a crunch let me tell you. Surepack is freakin heavy stuff!

Came out pretty sweet, but it's going to get a lot nicer with a little time, tlc & traffic. I'm relieved it's real and functional and I can relax a smidge now lol I mean go back to lift and pipe work.

Anybody here chuck 'em? This build was my intro to this whole disc golf thing but it's a really fun course to play I must say!

Course map of the front 9.

Any speak of Ullrfest date? Think I'm going to take off Friday this year for the drive and have to put the day in pretty soon. If we're sticking with the latest trend of 3rd weekend in October that would be great, birthday weekend. Get me hammered and sacrifice me to the gods.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Any speak of Ullrfest date? Think I'm going to take off Friday this year for the drive and have to put the day in pretty soon. If we're sticking with the latest trend of 3rd weekend in October that would be great, birthday weekend. Get me hammered and sacrifice me to the gods.

Saturday 10/21. Tattoo it backwards across your forehead so every mirror glance reminds you. It's going to be the biggest one ever, and we are going to please Ullr in a BIG way!! DO NOT MISS THIS YEAR'S ULLRFEST!!!

Ten two one someone is going to get drunk. And stuffed with bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Any speak of Ullrfest date? Get me hammered and sacrifice me to the gods.
    Lowering you into the fire from above would be novel and fun.

Saturday 10/21. Tattoo it backwards across your forehead so every mirror glance reminds you. It's going to be the biggest one ever, and we are going to please Ullr in a BIG way!! DO NOT MISS THIS YEAR'S ULLRFEST!!!
    Bummer. I'm pretty sure there's no way I can make that date, so it sucks to see that I'll miss the biggest ever. I'll have to figure out how to send bacon in my stead...

(Or hope that things shift and I can make it work)

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Ten two one someone is going to get drunk. And stuffed with bacon.
    I got it....

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Most people just use a putty knife, guess he likes to get a little more "hands on"

I'll take some beers BTW. Could come out that weekend for a bit or coming through on the 31st
    PM me for an order. Need to know by tomorrow afternoon for certain craft beer icons.

That's my birthday, will be difficult to forget that date! Beyond stoked

I know the next volunteer day is Saturday , Sept 2nd and ullrfest is normally a volunteer day but have anymore dates been nailed down?