Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    camera bitch? haha...ok then.

I don't "want" to ski like that.
    Ha that may have gone over better with someone I know. Still, the movies you're taking about get made because someone sees a need. I'd watch a movie if you made it. I'm terrible about always leaving the camera in my pocket and barely remember to take it out. The only picture I took at bbi last year was of the group ahead of me on the traverse while waiting for them to get across

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    This trend could be almost like major tv networks making reality shows for ski movie companies, it costs so much less than flying helicopters all day!

Seriously, somebody should jump on this concept of an almost entire film shot in in-bounds terrain. I think they would kill it.
    Didnt Lindsey Deyer do that for Bravo? Don't TV people smoke cigarettes and drive expensive tech broadcast vans?

I also love watching pros ski in the resort. I particularly like watching Marcus Caston do it, as he actually have a really sound and solid technique. I seem to remember to read somewhere that he is an ex-racer, which explains a lot.

All that said. You too can ski spines OP, or at least some large/steep faces in AK. All it takes, is saving up the cash to do it.

This was posted before, but this is another absolute killer edit of Marcus killing it under the Tram at the Bird...

I did Gordys camp 2 years ago and Marcus was on of the instructors and holy shit he can ski and just a killer dude... We did several laps under the tram and after our last run he told us we would chill the rest of the way and head down for some apres and finish the last bit on a steep zoomer groomer... We had some great skiers in our group and he just skied at a speed that was unreal... We all took off at the same time and within seconds he was out of sight for everyone... I had not skied at Snowbird for a long time and forgot how absolutely killer that place is... The plus is that when it does dump and the Bird and Alta have the crowds just make your way over to Solitude and you will be skiing fresh all day...

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever... View Post
    Well that was impressive. Would anyone actually characterize that as "bad snow" or conditions that "werent good" as they say in the little blurb? Looks like nice winter chalk to me? None the less an entertaining 3 minutes of skiing.
    Again, that's my point. The conditions he was skiing in this video are really good mid-winter chalk/hardpack and yet because it's not over the head blower pow it's "bad". I think that is why we've seen a huge spike in backcountry access, etc - because what would traditionally be good resort conditions are now meh or bad. Seems dumb for the industry to market toward skiing conditions that don't exist most of the season, even at a place like Baker or Stevens that get a ton of snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Dude knows how to use his edges. Nice to see good fast railing instead of the usual skidding around pussy business that's everywhere these days. So much more energy in the skis... look at how much of the time he's in the air.

GRAB EM BY THE PUSSY
    No kidding, he knows how not only to use his edges but also bend a ski, if you watch he gets some incredible rebound out of some of his turns. Pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Totally agree. I fucking love the fast soft chalk. So grippy while on edge yet forgiving on landings. Some of my favorite days are long after the pow is gone and the wind has buffed the mountain. Fast, smooth and edgy. Grip it and rip it.
    I love wind buff. Some days more than powder even.

I suspect/hope they closed those runs for the video session. I'd love to be able to ski like that, but sure wouldn't want to with other people around.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever... View Post
    Well that was impressive. Would anyone actually characterize that as "bad snow" or conditions that "werent good" as they say in the little blurb? Looks like nice winter chalk to me? None the less an entertaining 3 minutes of skiing.
    Yeah anyone who calls these conditions bad doesn't know anything. Chalky steeps are #3 in line right behind fresh show and perfect corn.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I suspect/hope they closed those runs for the video session. I'd love to be able to ski like that, but sure wouldn't want to with other people around.

First thing in the morning (830-930am) on a non-pow day is usually just like that for me.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    First thing in the morning (830-930am) on a non-pow day is usually just like that for me.
    Yup.

If it's a non-weekend non-powder day on expert terrain, in my neck of the woods it's more common to have the entire run to yourself than not. I'm surprised so many people are commenting on how "empty" the runs are.

Could also be prepublic tram laps, some of those shots looked to be from the tram heading down

Those were some of my favorite days at the bird.. few days after the storm rippin tram laps at an empty resort. Love it. As a good friend of mine says, "it's not the snow that sucks."
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    'm surprised so many people are commenting on how "empty" the runs are.
    Yeah, they must only ski on powder days/holiday weekends or there is some sort of alternate universe where tons of people ski bumped out steeps post storm.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Ha that may have gone over better with someone I know. Still, the movies you're taking about get made because someone sees a need. I'd watch a movie if you made it. I'm terrible about always leaving the camera in my pocket and barely remember to take it out. The only picture I took at bbi last year was of the group ahead of me on the traverse while waiting for them to get across
    I wish I had the time and $. I would love to be able to at least try to produce something worthy.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    or there is some sort of alternate universe where tons of people ski bumped out steeps post storm.
    That's next door at Alta.

Quote Originally Posted by sicktird View Post
    Didnt Lindsey Deyer do that for Bravo? Don't TV people smoke cigarettes and drive expensive tech broadcast vans?
    Whoops, That reads wrong because of my poor writing skills. What I meant is that reality tv shows are a networks wet dream. They cost next to nothing to produce compared to other shows. So my point is that a company like TGR could save a bunch of cash if they went with the resort skiing idea instead of traveling all over to wild and far off places.

#commascanchangeeverything
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Again, that's my point. The conditions he was skiing in this video are really good mid-winter chalk/hardpack and yet because it's not over the head blower pow it's "bad". I think that is why we've seen a huge spike in backcountry access, etc - because what would traditionally be good resort conditions are now meh or bad. Seems dumb for the industry to market toward skiing conditions that don't exist most of the season, even at a place like Baker or Stevens that get a ton of snow.

No kidding, he knows how not only to use his edges but also bend a ski, if you watch he gets some incredible rebound out of some of his turns. Pretty awesome.

I love wind buff. Some days more than powder even.
    I actually do prefer wind buffed and wind buffed cream more than deep powder snow. We get some good wind buff days here at Snowbowl but Snowbowl ain't no Snowbird.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Totally agree. I fucking love the fast soft chalk. So grippy while on edge yet forgiving on landings. Some of my favorite days are long after the pow is gone and the wind has buffed the mountain. Fast, smooth and edgy. Grip it and rip it.
    Yup, yum

Love the chalk. High speed (for me) wind buff is amazing.

I wish I skied like that.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

How I want to ski.

Reminds me of gordycamp...some of the forest lines ( but not all), I recognize, and Moles shouting about getting your hands up and get forward.

Straightline should do one more
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

International with a windbuff reset on a pair of long full metal laminate skis is the machl00ny shit!

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    International with a windbuff reset on a pair of long full metal laminate skis is the machl00ny shit!
    That sounds amazing. At the BBI skiing that lower pitch of international when it was smoothed out crud was pretty sweet, I bet upper I is even better.

Got me stoked for this winter!
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

skiing chop is very fun imo

this video is good but the "shitfuck skiing" euro vid is the finest ive seen
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000