Page 160 of 184 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4591
    A few of my thoughts at the end of today:
    -thanks for the input for skiing with the grubs, they loved the funitel bottom station with all the wheels, cables, and shit.
    -squaw should keep kt spinning
    -I need to wear a string bikini top for daze like today, just cuz.

Is donner ski ranch still spinning lifts? What's the status for rose regarding weekday ops and closing date?

DSR weekends only until snow melts.

Rose closed M-W reopening Thu for holiday weekend.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Thanks

Is rose done after next weekend?

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Good vibe at Squaw today
    Reminded me of a Mammoth last day.
    Opposite of Vail style, with full on shenanigans.
    A mostly full parking lot.
    After 4, KT was mobbed. Band playing on the deck too

By almost-7, there was a big crowd up top
    Patrol seemed cool with everything, but think they might have put the kibosh on snowballs, and the chinese-downhill in GS bowl.
    Light had gone dim over there by then anyway.
    Shoulda had it on west face.
    Hey hey, I'm blue pants white shirt. Decided to bring a bit of burning man to my KT spree.

Got some friendly fire on my last ride up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR2670-0001.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	846.1 KB 
ID:	206674
    Then patrol put the kibosh on it - Last day at Sierra patrol were who started it. Just sayin'

Name:	GOPR2674-0001.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	991.1 KB 
ID:	206675
    No complaints except I smashed my thumb in my car door, yeouch. I guess the locals versus bay area tourists was flipped on its head that evening. So many good skiers just plain stoked.

Desolation still looking fat...

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	707.8 KB 
ID:	206676

^what peak are you on?

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

10 and base of KW today.
    Kudos to Squaw, and a big fuck you
    to Vail
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Stil great skiing even without a hard freeze out by the pass but def not the all day window like end of last week. We skied laps at 9 and 10 though I think u could ski early as 8 next few days. Access still great at most all the lines around there. Coverage behind roundtop is as smooth and filled as I've seen it. Finally got on the summit city lines off corrie lochen last week but they don't go cleanly to the creek like the lines off roundtop. That peak is a gem but too bad it's a hump without kwood running

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    ^what peak are you on?
    Tallac

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	206697

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    10 and base of KW today.
    Kudos to Squaw, and a big fuck you
    to Vail
    The would barely even need to shovel snow under chair 5 and it has been how many weeks since they closed? Shame. Did you hike 10? Been trying to get the family up to the valley all spring so I could at least hike a few laps. I actually really enjoy that ridge line when there is no one below. Line 'er up and go big and land steep.

Just looked again and there is not even a rock showing up there. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Stil great skiing even without a hard freeze out by the pass but def not the all day window like end of last week. We skied laps at 9 and 10 though I think u could ski early as 8 next few days. Access still great at most all the lines around there. Coverage behind roundtop is as smooth and filled as I've seen it. Finally got on the summit city lines off corrie lochen last week but they don't go cleanly to the creek like the lines off roundtop. That peak is a gem but too bad it's a hump without kwood running
    I'd love to get those lines. I had a few days this early April to get out to them, but no partners with passes for the easy access.

Quote Originally Posted by UTaho' View Post
    Tallac

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	206697
    Ah, I figured that but the vantage point seemed more from jakes direction. I figured that couldn't be right though. I assume jakes is pretty burnt down low and not worth the effort?

Quote Originally Posted by UTaho' View Post
    Were you the guy with the 2 dogs?
    Negative, I did see him as well though. I was up on the lookers left ridge in your picture. Just watched you make some pretty turns on the way down and stop to take the pic. Definitely can't wait to get back out that way this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Ah, I figured that but the vantage point seemed more from jakes direction. I figured that couldn't be right though. I assume jakes is pretty burnt down low and not worth the effort?
    Yes Jakes is pretty done down low, especially the chutes going toward EBay. Tallac is cupped & runneled down low but there is still some snow to within a 1/4 mile of Spring Creek. It was a little warm to be up there yesterday even with a 6:15 start. I'm pretty sure this is the latest I have ever skied up there.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Gillis View Post
    Negative, I did see him as well though. I was up on the lookers left ridge in your picture. Just watched you make some pretty turns on the way down and stop to take the pic. Definitely can't wait to get back out that way this weekend
    I guess I missed you then. After that, I skied down into the main bowl & then up the other side for another run with slightly more southerly aspect.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	616.4 KB 
ID:	206701

Third time on Stevens in as many weeks. The approach & exit are getting to be a it more work each time but I always find some good snow!

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Mt Bachelor has announced that are reopening for July 4th.

Come on, Kirkwood. You Can Do It.

Just Do It for your dedicated passholders. How many opportunities are there? It would be So much better than Squaw.

You may even make some money, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

Is donner ski ranch still spinning lifts?
    @Vets skied DSR this past Saturday.
    He said that they said they may be closing after this coming (Memorial Day) weekend...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Headed to Squaw on Saturday with my 8 year old and a buddy...

[translation]Dad really would rather ski Dana Plateau but thats not going to happen is it so he'll take whatever he can get[/translation]

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Haven't confirmed, but heard it is the Passholders Party at Squaw on Saturday.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

[translation]Dad really would rather ski Dana Plateau but thats not going to happen is it so he'll take whatever he can get[/translation]
    No pressure, but this is the best Eastside season ever, conditions on Dana are so good that even intermediates ski like vintage Scot Schmidt, and if you don't come this year it'll forever haunt you. Again, no pressure.

On that note, I'll be skiing Mammoth resort with my kids this weekend.

Krystal Kartwright and I are going to drop Owen off at Strawberry for the weekend Friday and head out somewhere. Looking for partners and maybe a place to crash.

Maybe I'll see you. I'll be with my 6 year old. Although we are tossing around the idea of Rose.

Speaking of Rose, any pass holders willing to get us one or even two buddy tickets on Saturday (if we decide to go that way)?

And if we was that way, a good game plan. Assume start on Slide side, and head over to the main side when it warms, and maybe a lower gate into the chutes from Main for entry level.

New mountain vs Funitel is what my son is working on figuring out this week.

sounds like i may have to hit up rose for memorial day... if any of yall are passholders I would LOVE to get your buddy ticket that day!

Despite the lack of a refreeze I still found some decent snow on Incline Peak today. Lots of stuff starting to expose itself out there though