Page 233 of 255 FirstFirst ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 6353
    Elon is trying to be a real life Niander Wallace.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I still can’t believe these things actually exist.

Cybertruck “roast” of the day:

“Yeah, but can you sun-bake a whole chicken in a regular truck bed?”

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Just saw a clip of the cyber truck beating a 911 Porsche in a drag race….while towing a 911 Porsche.

Elon sure is stupid.
    Last edited by xyz; 12-02-2023 at 12:33 PM.

Must be pleasant to live in a world where everything is binary - a product is either good or bad. A person is either smart or stupid. Simpletons really are lucky people.

MKBHD just dropped a good video about the truck. It actually doesn't seem that bad in all honesty. Ugly perhaps. Not without its issues. But still. It's gone from pure "WTF?" to "Hmm... That's actually kind of interesting."

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Just saw a clip of the cyber truck beating a 911 Porsche in a drag race….while towing a 911 Porsche.

Elon sure is stupid.
    How useful for a "truck". I'd be impressed if the 2nd 911 was in the bed, but that will probably be taken by the range extender so...
    Fucking thing looks like what a 4 year old would build out of legos if he only had 2 types of blocks and a very vague idea of what a vehicle looks like. Came out at 1.5x the price and barely half the range that was announced, what a fucking success... But hey, you can gently lob a baseball at the glass and it won't break, guess that's a win?

Take a lap you Elon-guzzling beater.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I think it was a squishy tee-ball…

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    How useful for a "truck". I'd be impressed if the 2nd 911 was in the bed, but that will probably be taken by the range extender so...
    Fucking thing looks like what a 4 year old would build out of legos if he only had 2 types of blocks and a very vague idea of what a vehicle looks like. Came out at 1.5x the price and barely half the range that was announced, what a fucking success... But hey, you can gently lob a baseball at the glass and it won't break, guess that's a win?

Take a lap you Elon-guzzling beater.
    Whatever, you non contributing zero.

noncontributing? seriously? are you unaware of ugly cat? his contributions to the cat thread alone are worthy… what have you contributed to the collective stoke?

harumpf…

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post

Elon sure is stupid.
    Elon aside, is that how you use a truck? Because I actually don't want to go that fast in my pickup truck because...it's a pickup truck.

This truck doesn't really nail any of the attributes I buy trucks for. So it actually kind of says to me "this is a big sedan" rather than "we revolutionized trucks." The feature set is gimmicks, and that might work for the existing Tesla audience or people who only buy trucks to get groceries.

Cool engineering, but doesn't change anything for me about how I perceive Elon or Tesla.

^^ I would say I don’t need my truck to go that fast. But do I want it to? Hell yes I do.

Anyways, it sure is weird lookin’. I think we’ll see pretty clearly in a couple years how revolutionary any of it is.

While I find a lot of what Elon does and represents distasteful, there’s certainly something to be said for one guy pushing through their nutty ideas and damned the consequences. If he comes up with 100 nutty ideas that are mass produced and only two of them are winners, that’s two more than I’m going to be able to take credit for. And he already has a couple wins in that column.
    focus.

Are they Elon’s ideas or the engineers at Tesla?

That’s a distinction that’s overwrought, IMO. Feel free to replace “if he comes up with” with “if he funds and champions” if it makes you feel better, though. Those things aren’t really as different as people would like to think.

It’s possible for somebody to be a piece of shit and still do cool things, even in spite of themselves. I don’t have to want to have dinner with the guy to appreciate some of the ways that he has genuinely changed the world. If it wasn’t him maybe it would be somebody else, which isn’t all that different than the “whose idea was it anyways” distinction.
    focus.

Subaru Brats were more revolutionary. And useful

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This question immediately made me wonder if it would make more sense if we asked whether stalefish deserves more credit for his ideas on banking.

I like to think Mustonen agrees and he's just sarcastically repeating the classic trope of equal fungibility of capital and all human achievements for the lulz. It is funny, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    MKBHD just dropped a good video about the truck. It actually doesn't seem that bad in all honesty. Ugly perhaps. Not without its issues. But still. It's gone from pure "WTF?" to "Hmm... That's actually kind of interesting."

Oooph. I watched that and it confirmed what a looming disaster that owning one of those things would be.
    Those aero-cover hub caps that pry off easily by hand?! Hilarious.
    Giant pieces of stainless steel that will stain/fingerprint easily. Comedy.
    Lack of door handles and the silly little push button that’s oriented to catch water and ice? Good luck.
    World’s largest windshield wiper?! On a low angle windshield that will collect more snow and ice? I’m speechless.
    $100k for all that? Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Spare tires are extra and no place to carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

For better or worse, there’s a lot of evidence that Elon himself pushes his vision on some big items or decisions at Tesla. For example, the somewhat weird and risky strategy for self driving tech (no radar) was all him. I’ve no doubt that some aspects of the cyber truck like the overall design aesthetic are driven by him.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Can't even carry a MTB. Said every mouth breather that hasn't touched a bike since middle school.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Subaru Brats were more revolutionary. And useful
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jtbrat2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	478199

The cyber truck is stupid on so many levels, and I think that EVs in general are going the wrong way. Their adoption and success hinges on convincing women they're practical and safe.

There's already a poorly built midlife crisis machine that's cheaper and faster than Musk's monstrosity. The Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That’s a distinction that’s overwrought, IMO. Feel free to replace “if he comes up with” with “if he funds and champions” if it makes you feel better, though. Those things aren’t really as different as people would like to think.

It’s possible for somebody to be a piece of shit and still do cool things, even in spite of themselves. I don’t have to want to have dinner with the guy to appreciate some of the ways that he has genuinely changed the world. If it wasn’t him maybe it would be somebody else, which isn’t all that different than the “whose idea was it anyways” distinction.
    I think there’s a pretty big distinction between those two things.

As someone that’s been involved in the development of a product funded by a billionaire venture capitalist, the VC can recognize and push development but they rely on others for actual ideas.

I doubt that Musk had much input in the development of the original Tesla products. In subsequent products he probably pushed ideas that were presented to him by developers and later tried to be more hands on. I’m probably totally off base though.

Either way, this manchild machine is definitely Musk's baby. It's literally something nobody was asking for.

I don't really have much of complaint about the intention of a cybertruck as a vanity vehicle, conceding various aspects of impracticality. But on the aesthetic front, visually it's close to appealing but then various decisions have resulted in a package that doesn't stitch together with harmony. Angles collide, feel mismatched to it's few curves and I find it jarring in an unpleasant way.

Realistically, it's going to have the same positives most Teslas have and similar WTFs. Personally, I find the dependence on massive touchscreen distracting and riddled with user friction; guessing more accustomed users find it less of a burden.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    This truck doesn't really nail any of the attributes I buy trucks for. So it actually kind of says to me "this is a big sedan" rather than "we revolutionized trucks." The feature set is gimmicks, and that might work for the existing Tesla audience or people who only buy trucks to get groceries.
    Exactly this. I have owned Toyota trucks most of my adult life and am in the market for a new one. I probably won't go Toyota again, but I would not consider a cyber truck under any circumstances.

The Lightning and Rivian have my attention.

The cyber truck is the product of a drug induced dream by a autistic billionaire.