Page 507 of 599 FirstFirst ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 ... LastLast
Results 12,651 to 12,675 of 14973
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_SKI_ski View Post
    Fair point on the custom wrens, I suppose I was thinking custom skis would be too boujie for me but i've certainly spent more on worse.
    There's always the summer custom sale, where the pricing is more or less in line with the standard price (as long as you do not go full jeebus on all the add ons). Call it an investment in your own happiness eh

Man, now you have me regretting not getting a pair of 50/50 wrens last summer

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get a pair of the Wren102ti before they're gone. By far my favorite ski I've ever been on and it's not close.
    Lmfao, I somehow went from only needing "one more pair" to now wanting at least three more pairs of skis. I love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    There's always the summer custom sale, where the pricing is more or less in line with the standard price (as long as you do not go full jeebus on all the add ons).
    Oooooooo, I didn't realize this was a thing. Definitely gonna keep my eyes peeled for that because those custom wrens are gonna happen. The only question now is if I want 50/50 or the full touring core. Gonna scour this thread for some opinions. It doesn't look like you can change the layup with the TI, probably because of all the beef they added to it. Guessing if I reached out to them there's a workaround?

I am of the opinion the wren tours would probably be a fantastic touring ski and something I have considered ordering myself, before going woodsman. So, if you are super happy with wrens, why change? They are killer skis, just arguably with a smaller target audience than woodmans.

I also think / seem to remember Iggy mentioning that a large driver from the transition to wren going custom only (if that is what happens), is lineup consolidation. ON3P offers so many lengths that stocking them all across mango/jeff/wood/wren/RES makes for a lot of SKUs, so moving some to custom only seemingly makes things a bit easier to organize.

also; this just in - limited edition Jeff102
    Attachment 413802Attachment 413803Attachment 413804
    You should see it on a Billygoat. It REALLY flows.
    Training for Alpental

I am of the opinion the wren tours would probably be a fantastic touring ski and something I have considered ordering myself, before going woodsman. So, if you are super happy with wrens, why change? They are killer skis, just arguably with a smaller target audience than woodmans.

I also think / seem to remember Iggy mentioning that a large driver from the transition to wren going custom only (if that is what happens), is lineup consolidation. ON3P offers so many lengths that stocking them all across mango/jeff/wood/wren/RES makes for a lot of SKUs, so moving some to custom only seemingly makes things a bit easier to organize.

also; this just in - limited edition Jeff102
    Attachment 413802Attachment 413803Attachment 413804
    Probably my favorite ON3P topsheets to date

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Probably my favorite ON3P topsheets to date
    Yeah, those are hawt!

it needs more devils and skulls But hawt for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_SKI_ski View Post
    The only question now is if I want 50/50 or the full touring core.
    50/50 -> similar flex pattern at 200gr or so off on the wider model, with the added bonus of standard edges / bases for that damp feel and bonkers durability. Better if you see a lot of rocks / abuse your skis, especially if you do not count the grams that hard and focus on skiability. Works equally well with super light tech bindings to beefier tech bindings like the tecton (or alpine bindings for that matter).

tour: rounder flex (softer tips/tails) and 200gr lighter than 50/50. Better if the industry standard thickness edges and bases (for alpine skis, not touring skis) is sturdy enough and you'd rather save weight for big days out. Still built to last, not like some touring skis that have super thin edges/bases to save weight. Still skis very well.

I have no idea if either layup is offered with titanal, but if so - that would be pure bliss. Like, that is something I could seriously consider ordering. A dedicated wren tour big line ski. That sounds like a fabolous idea.

As for the summer custom sale, I have no idea if it will be a thing this coming summer as well due to custom sales going through the roof this season, but it has been a thing in the past at least. It is my favorite time of year ON3P wise, other then when new skis dropping. I get to obsess over what build I want, and what evil C&D graphic I should choose Or what other graphic - ON3P's graphics are just bonkers for the most time, best in the industry imho.

Custom sale starts in a week.

it needs more devils and skulls But hawt for sure.

50/50 -> similar flex pattern at 200gr or so off on the wider model, with the added bonus of standard edges / bases for that damp feel and bonkers durability. Better if you see a lot of rocks / abuse your skis, especially if you do not count the grams that hard and focus on skiability. Works equally well with super light tech bindings to beefier tech bindings like the tecton (or alpine bindings for that matter).

tour: rounder flex (softer tips/tails) and 200gr lighter than 50/50. Better if the industry standard thickness edges and bases (for alpine skis, not touring skis) is sturdy enough and you'd rather save weight for big days out. Still built to last, not like some touring skis that have super thin edges/bases to save weight. Still skis very well.

I have no idea if either layup is offered with titanal, but if so - that would be pure bliss. Like, that is something I could seriously consider ordering. A dedicated wren tour big line ski. That sounds like a fabolous idea.

As for the summer custom sale, I have no idea if it will be a thing this coming summer as well due to custom sales going through the roof this season, but it has been a thing in the past at least. It is my favorite time of year ON3P wise, other then when new skis dropping. I get to obsess over what build I want, and what evil C&D graphic I should choose Or what other graphic - ON3P's graphics are just bonkers for the most time, best in the industry imho.

Long shot, but has anyone skied both the Billy Goat 110 Tour and the 4FRNT Raven? I'm considering the Raven for a PNW touring quiver to slot between my pow ski and traverse ski. Needs to handle variable conditions well - punchy snow, schmoo, dust on top of refrozen avi debris, etc... it seems like the BGT 110 might also fit the bill but I can't find many reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    Long shot, but has anyone skied both the Billy Goat 110 Tour and the 4FRNT Raven?
    Not BG110tour, but BG108tour and Ravens - both in 184. I preferred the BG108tours by a mile.

Everybody seem to love the Raven, and I did too - initally. They are hoot in deeper snow, but as things got firmer or more variable they worked less and less well for me. I do not know if it was a mount point thing (too long tails) or tune issue, or what - but at the end I could not wait to sell them. I actually preferred the old 187 Hojis to the Ravens.

BG108tours on the other hand is one of the best spring skis I've been on. They cater well to aggressive skiing, and you can slarve and schmear to your hearts content. True hero skis - they make you want to ski faster, try that silly gap or whatever. I kinda regret selling them to buy BG110s in the standard layup, but then again the 110ish touring ski quiver slot is filled with one of my favorite skis ever, Völkl BMT 109s. They are kinda like BG110s, just looser (full rocker) and better on firm (carving by running the sidecut).

I’m selling my 189 BG 108 tours in gear swap! Buy them

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Someone should probably pick these up eh?
    https://bellingham.craigslist.org/sp...467017534.html

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

And someone should buy these $400 Goats. Includes attack 13s

https://offerup.co/8ZhA4Llmupb

Someone should also definitely buy these https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...dsman-96-172cm

I am aware they are not TGR sized

Someone should sell me some 187 Woods 102s

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    Someone should probably pick these up eh?
    https://bellingham.craigslist.org/sp...467017534.html

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    One of the rare full twin Wrens.

Full twin wrens are fucking awesome.

Anyone know if we can just order the older asym BG?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Full twin wrens are fucking awesome.

Many of us have asked for a release of the older '14 191 BGs, but Iggy hasn't been interested. I would think they still have the molds and would love to see them add older models into the custom ski options.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Many of us have asked for a release of the older '14 191 BGs, but Iggy hasn't been interested. I would think they still have the molds and would love to see them add older models into the custom ski options.
    Get 20 people willing to put down the money, otherwise it's probably not Iggy that's not interested, it's what his sales data tells him.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    Get 20 people willing to put down the money, otherwise it's probably not Iggy that's not interested, it's what his sales data tells him.
    I'll sign up for a pair of 186s, but after lurking in the pm gear / praxis threads, something tells me it won't be that easy

ON3P SKIS Discussion

about to go dig up the edge compression thread. i have some work to do to save my beloved 1.5x flex supergoats
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7081.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	414357

Name:	IMG_7078.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	414358

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Not an option anymore unfortunately.

I'd also take some 2014 BGs in 186

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    about to go dig up the edge compression thread. i have some work to do to save my beloved 1.5x flex supergoats

Name:	IMG_7081.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	414357

Name:	IMG_7078.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	414358
    Dang, man. What happened?

Just to continue the arbitrary pontificating: Did the BG mount point move up when it went Asym? In some ways, the new 187 seems like a step more towards the old 186 (softer, more powder focused). Wondering if the mount point change is also a return to the older goat. Seems like a suprising change, since there's already a loooot of tip on the Asym goat.

Here's the real question, what about a reverse camber goat? Are we essentially on a water ski at that point?

Unintentional ass first small air to hip slap. Skis were scissored and hit hard on tail of other. Put a little dent/gouge in tail sidewall too.

One of the bummers of asym is that I can’t make this the outside edge going fwd Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7079.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	414374

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Unintentional ass first small air to hip slap. Skis were scissored and hit hard on tail of other. Put a little dent/gouge in tail sidewall too.

One of the bummers of asym is that I can’t make this the outside edge going fwd Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7079.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	414374

That sucks! My 191s have a bit of an edge ding, but can just use it outside. That's the biggest L related to Asym.